PDA

View Full Version : C206H endorsement

havabaaj
17th Aug 2013, 13:01
Hi,
I have Indian and FAA cpl, Soon I will be going to USA to visit my family there and also planning to fly around Cessna 206H. I would be flying 5-7 hours out of which first 3 hours will be checkout with the academy's instructor and rest as pic.
I am wondering if its possible to get C206H endorsed on DGCA CPL based on flying in USA.

If its possible then what all checks(Day, Night, IR etc) I would have to undergo on the type to get it successfully endorsed on Indian license after returning back to India.

Will I have to fly 10 hours minimum and do certain checks or only completing checks would be enough.

Thanks

captjns
17th Aug 2013, 13:03
Shouldn't you direct your question directly to the DGCA for the best information possible. Or better yet access the website of the DGCA?

havabaaj
17th Aug 2013, 13:17
I am planning to write to DGCA about it but not sure if going to get reply at all or it will take lot of time to get right info from them. I am also searching around on the website and found this CAR
http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B18.pdf

I hope all the things are there written init should be enough to get the rating/endrosement

If anything else I need to take care of please advice.
Thanks

cyrilroy21
17th Aug 2013, 16:50
@havabaaj

You found the right CAR

Just follow the requirements mentioned in there to a 'T' and you should be fine .
Couple of things you need to watch out for

1. All the training has to be done at an FAA PArt 141 flight school . Because only Part 141 flight schools have the FAA Air Agency Certificate . Part 61 Schools dont and hence the DGCA wont accept any training flown there

2. As it says in the CAR you need to show 20 hours of Ground Training and also technical specific exam on aircraft type all prior to starting flying training on the aircraft .
All documents created by the flight school should be sent directly to the DTL section . So make sure they mention " For DTL (file number)" on the address of the document
Keep scanned copies of all original documents as the DGCA has a habit of losing the documents you send them

3. Despite the CAR says they will accept a Tech Specific done from abroad , I know one case back in 2012 where they asked one guy to pass the DGCA tech specific and only then would they endorse the aircraft on the license

So if possible pass the DGCA tech specific first

havabaaj
17th Aug 2013, 19:18
Thanks Cyril,
Looks like I would have to abandon the plan of getting the endorsement with the amount of complications involved:ugh:

captjns
17th Aug 2013, 21:57
Well anito4a India is not Australia, no is it. But then again one can't hop into any old 737 unless they are licensed to fly a -100 or -200 series. Then there's the 300 to 500 then 600 to 900 series. Pretty ridiculous too eh?:}. But in the US you can. But, again the US isn't India either is it.

India Charlie
18th Aug 2013, 11:58
Shouldn't you direct your question directly to the DGCA for the best information possible. Or better yet access the website of the DGCA?

When did any govt. institution in India know what it was doing? Ask them what the 'C' in DGCA stands for :rolleyes: