PDA

View Full Version : Pop Ups

Paraffin Budgie
17th Aug 2013, 10:50
I'm getting increasingly annoyed on PPrune (and it's only on PPrune) with a little yellow pop up ad, in Arabic, that hovers over the left hand end of the second yellow bar from the top, but only on some pages - the home page being one of them.

It's flash based, and if I left click on it, I get a list of options, none of which do anything. Going into the Chrome ad setup page and deselecting all options does nothing either.

It's there right now, at the left hand end of the bar which says Forum: Computer/Internet etc etc at the right hand end.

How can I get rid of it?

green granite
17th Aug 2013, 11:11
Change to FireFox and use Add block plus and No Script.

Saab Dastard
17th Aug 2013, 12:46
Even though it's exactly what I run myself, I couldn't possibly endorse GG's suggestion. ;)

SD

Groundgripper
26th Aug 2013, 20:35
I keep on getting this blank popup, a lot on Pprune but also randomly on other sites such Amazon. Click the X in the top right hand corner and it goes way.

Anyone any idea what it is? I can't see anything unusual in the list of processes running.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad98/cb1943/image001_zpsf8cf6793.png (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/cb1943/media/image001_zpsf8cf6793.png.html)

I'm running XP and run AVG every day and Jet Clean, CCleaner and MalwareBytes Anti-malware each week.

GG

Saab Dastard
26th Aug 2013, 21:06
Can you right click on the pop-up and select "view source", then copy out the URLs?

SD

Groundgripper
27th Aug 2013, 08:00
No, I've tried that and all I get is the data for the PPRuNe page I am accessing - it appears to be completely transparent.

GG

BOAC
27th Aug 2013, 08:38
Enable 'all this page' on Javascript and try again.

Groundgripper
27th Aug 2013, 11:06
I just tried temporarily enabling Doubleclick and I think that that seems done the trick. Why, I don't know - I have had that disabled for years and never had the problem before now.

GG