PDA

View Full Version : Gmail password change

ExSp33db1rd
17th Aug 2013, 00:12
My home computer 'remembered' my Gmail password when I first created a Gmail e-mail account, so when I cobble up Gmail it shows me the Gmail account address, and the password as XXXXXXXX, so all I have to do is accept it.

But ....... whilst away I had to use public computers and sign in and out each time, and one day I screwed up the password - 3 times, and was locked out.

Eventually I sorted it out and had to create a new password, the Gmail system wouldn't let me use a previously used, i.e. the old, password again.

Now I'm home, my home computer shows me the Gmail e-mail address as usual, but uses the old XXXXXXX password, and Gmail tells me daily that I changed my password, now 55 days ago ! and I have to re-insert the new one every time.

I only changed the last character, but just changing that each time doesn't work, I have to remove and re-insert the new one - everytime !!

How can I get Gmail, or my computer, to recognise that I KNOW I've changed my password, I just want to change the default to my new one.

Ticking the "keep me signed in" box doesn't do it.

green granite
17th Aug 2013, 07:34
For FireFox:

Tools>options>security>saved passwords. Highlight and delete the one you want to remove.

ExSp33db1rd
17th Aug 2013, 08:38
green granite

!!!! When in doubt - read the instructions !

Chrome ... right hand corner, 3 lines, "customise and control Google Chrome"
then ... Settings, then the first item refers to out of date password, and invites one to sign in again.

Fixed.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction !

ExSp33db1rd
30th Aug 2013, 22:05
Grrrr !

Started to tell me that my password was changed XX days ago - again !!

but now the option to confirm it - as detailed on my last post - is no longer there !

WTF ?