PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

kungfu panda
12th Aug 2013, 20:10
Question: Should a chief Pilot threatening dismissal of Pilots participating in a safety survey be dismissed himself?

737 Jockey
12th Aug 2013, 20:28
Yes. And he should then hang his head in shame.

polax52
12th Aug 2013, 20:33
Yes, and the bullies from the legal department should also be dismissed?

ManUtd1999
12th Aug 2013, 21:38
He should definitely be fired. How one of largest airlines in Europe can get away with publicly threatening to sack any pilot who petitions about safety is beyond me. Even if they don't agree with RPG, they have a duty to take any perceived safety threats seriously and work towards solving them.

McBruce
12th Aug 2013, 22:10
Maybe his qualities fit the job requirements? :E

The Grim Reaper
13th Aug 2013, 03:19
To be fair to the Chief Pilot, he is a pawn used by RYR to fulfil a regulatory requirement. Within this company he is a eunuch, robbed of any real power. He is almost never involved in any pilot disciplinary measures or day-to-day life in the company.

captplaystation
13th Aug 2013, 08:20
Seeing the recent picture of him with David Learmount, I was quite taken aback by how much age he had taken in the last 5 years.

Being Flight Ops Dept bitch for MOL at the Monday morning meetings takes its toll.

south coast
13th Aug 2013, 08:31
I think it detracts from the legitimate case Ryanair crew may have regarding their conditions of employment to try to leverage the point by questioning safety.

The rules and regs are clear, if someone has been fired for taking extra fuel I would be interested to see those facts, otherwise it's for the PIC to decide and also right for him to offer an explanation to his employer as to why he feels it necessary to deviate from the planned fuel.

Everyone knows Ryanair's business model when they join and yet they complain when they have to abide by it....vote with your feet because I struggle to believe Ryanair brake any rules, it's just too much of a gamble for them to do so, however, I don't dispute they probably operate with zero fat over and above the rules and if that makes one nervous, then lobby to change the rules, but don't claim they are unsafe.

This case to me is like the "aggressive tax avoidance", don't blame companies for doing what is economically advantageous for them within the law, if you don't like what they do, change the laws.

polax52
13th Aug 2013, 17:27
south coast: It seems clear to me that Ryanair operate outside the Spirit of the law in regard to tax and employment. This is due to European deregulated airspace being in it's youth and Joint European law being slow to catch up. There is however no excuse for a company of Ryanair's size to exploit holes in the law. Other companies take pride in saying that they not only operate within the law but also in the spirit of the law.

The Law of all European states allows for employees to be anonymously balloted on the membership of a Union. Ryanair have successfully manipulated the disjointed European systems to unfairly prevent this from happening.

Ryanair cry foul when they feel that they are treated unfairly by a television program but they fail to play by fair rules themselves.

Given these above abuses it should be considered reasonable to at least question their level of safety and how transparent their reporting is, Particularly if a third of their Pilots are calling for an independent enquiry.