PDA

View Full Version : Demon ADSL? Anybody use it?

driver 8
3rd May 2002, 13:46
I'm thinking of changing from Freeserve ADSL to Demon, I was a demon dial-up customer a few years ago and the service was very good but in the end I couldn't justify the 11.75 a month when most other ISP's were free.

Thing is they don't appear to be answering my emails about changing without paying the £50 setup fee (which I don't see why I should pay as I already have all the required equipment and my line is already converted).

Does anybody out there use them for broadband and what are your experiences?

Any advice greatfully received,

Cheers,

D8

PPRuNeUser0171
4th May 2002, 15:15
I've not used Demon ADSL but I know people who have.

I'd advise you to do a group search on google.com for Demon.service and ADSL

You may also wish to look at the adslguide.org webpage to how Demon compare with everybody esel.

HTH,

--
Gary Williams

slj
5th May 2002, 06:37
You might find some infirmation on www.ispreview.co.uk

All Systems Go
6th May 2002, 08:31
I use aDSL through Timewarp (www.timewarp.co.uk) and I've found them to be excellent. I've been with them for over 6 months now and I've not had a single problem with them - it is always on as long as I want it, it never drops, well it has once or twice, but that's not bad, and it comes back straight away. I never seem to suffer from lag or slow requests and quite frankly I'm very impressed!!

Unfortunatly I signed up with them on their full service package, mainly cos wires only wasn't available way back when, so I'm paying a fair old chunk for the serivce, but it's worth it. I think so anyway!:)