PDA

View Full Version : Asia Atlantic Airlines - New Bangkok 767 Company

Ejector
10th Aug 2013, 02:06
If you've made it through all of the alliteration in that title, we are excited to bring the news of a new airline based in Thailand. The fresh-faced carrier is a mixture of Thai and Japanese travel companies and will bring a 'New Dynamic Force' in chartered tour groups between the two countries.

Capitalizing on the country's leisure market, the airline will be based in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport and flying their two Boeing 767s from the Thai capital to Tokyo Narita and Osaka. Each of the planes will be equipped with both the cushy seats of business class and the cheaper seats of economy.

more info here..... (http://www.jaunted.com/story/2013/8/8/35523/78944/travel/New+Airline+Alert:+Asia+Atlantic+Airlines)

http://www.jaunted.com/files/97904/asiaatlanticairlines.jpg

Metro man
10th Aug 2013, 03:28
Sounds like them same old 767s that have been floating around for the past few years with three or four changes in the name on the side. How long until they end up bankrupt owing millions to their creditors while the owners quietly disappear with their ill gotten gains ?

This is getting a bit repetitive now, don't people ever learn ?:hmm:

Quazar
10th Aug 2013, 03:44
We all have seen it before, another Thai wanna-be airline with a wet dream.

They come and they go, usually owing salaries and landing fees.

Most places call it money laundering, be here in SE Asia it's referred to as an airline.

The only true variable cost in Aviation is employee salaries and that itself is where the profit margin is for these crooks.

777boeings
10th Aug 2013, 04:53
I wonder if any thought at all was put into naming this airline.

Bit like calling an airline "UK Pacific Airlines"

captjns
10th Aug 2013, 11:37
Well you all the old saying? "Same airline...different paint job". I bet the saying fits the picture:ok:

USA2DAY
11th Aug 2013, 13:50
If they don't improve the pay and conditions then they will have no pilots to fly the god damn planes!!!

GoForIt
19th Aug 2013, 04:17
The pay is currently the lowest of all the 767 operators in BKK.

But it is joint owned by H.I.S. travel group (which is a HUGE Japanese travel and tour company with world wide offices) and the Baiyoke Hotel group which owns a chain of Hotels in Thailand, including the tallest hotel in Bangkok. In other words, there are deep pockets behind this one and those people have the travel industry experience and track record to make this work. Quite a contrast to all the other Charter Airlines in Thailand. HIS has been chartering 767s from the other airlines for years. Now they can bring it in house and have some quality control over it. They will initially serve the Japan - Thailand market, but have plans to include a number of other destinations including Hawaii and Guam. They have big plans for expansion, and why not since they already charter other airlines for lots of routes.

If I had to choose one 767 operator in BKK to put my money on, it would be this one.

Pin Head
19th Aug 2013, 08:02
I see Jet Asia Airways are looking for local pilot only.

Are their qualified and experienced local pilots on the market at the minute?

kwaiyai
19th Aug 2013, 08:50
The problem is Pin Head is its a DCA (CAA) thing. Normally you have to be type rated and hours on type as a foreigner. Having said that I have heard some bad things about Jet from Thai Pilots from the Company I and they used to work for, 1 was at Jet for a while.

Asia Atlantic were or are hiring Local and Foreign crew but again for Foreign crew need 767 rating and time on type I guess.

iggy
19th Aug 2013, 08:58
Local regs. says 20% local pilots minimum, if not face a penalty. Jet Asia got tired of paying such penalty, hence the turn towards local workforce.

Getting such local workforce is another dinner, though.

Pin Head
19th Aug 2013, 09:15
Thxs.

I have the rating and time on type but not current? Will the latter be am issue or can I just do a quick sim?

kwaiyai
19th Aug 2013, 09:25
Not sure but maybe send in your CV and see if they will accept it first, probably you would need to be current on type. best O luck anyway.

aviatorhi
19th Aug 2013, 21:18
They were going to call it Asia Pacific, but that name was already taken.

The Dominican
19th Aug 2013, 21:35
The pay is currently the lowest of all the 767 operators in BKK.

If I had to choose one 767 operator in BKK to put my money on, it would be this one.

How can these two statements coexist? I understand your point about the backing of this venture seems solid, but a company that starts by offering the lowest rates of that particular market doesn't really strike me as a serious venture! :=

ZFT
19th Aug 2013, 22:53
Rumour has it that Business Air are trying to set up a B767 FFS at VTBS. The FFS is coming out of Australia.