PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Employment

limesoda
9th Aug 2013, 10:12
Hi all,

I understand that this has been posted before but a LOT of it is almost 5-6 years old now, so want to refresh some of it for others and myself.

Just want to get some PM feedback from any FO's working for Qatar Airways, who can share a positive light on working for them. Any CTC MPL cadets a PM message would be much appreciated.

I am fully aware of most of the rumours, negative rules and problems that can and do occur when working for this company, especially as a British National. However would like to continue to gather research as i make an informed decision.

Please try to avoid the sarcastic rhetorical; 'Are there any good points?'

CaptainProp
9th Aug 2013, 10:51
The stuff on the Middle East forum is not 5-6 years old. There's loads of up to date information there, you just need to filter the BS from post from people who are actually there.

limesoda
10th Aug 2013, 10:00
Ah the 5-6 year figure is more in the case of the Ex-pilot websites. However sifting through the BS on the ME forum doesn't seem to give me much direct info (well not enough to make informed decisions). Just wondering if there are an FO's who could give me a few pointers on the positives on working for QA. I have heard a ludicrous rule in that when QA pilots take vacation, they are unable to stay outside of provided accommodation? BS?

RV6
10th Aug 2013, 13:22
I have heard a ludicrous rule in that when QA pilots take vacation, they are unable to stay outside of provided accommodation? BS?
Definitely BS. Perhaps a confusion with the rule applying to cabin crew having to be back in their company accommodation by curfew.
Many FO's are not in company accommodation - there isn't enough for all, so some are renting privately. No way for anyone to know if you are 'at home' or not!

limesoda
10th Aug 2013, 13:30
Thanks for that! Explains rather a lot! Trying to gather enough information to make an informed decision on whether it would be a good move for someone as young as myself.

If you have anything more to add please PM. I would appreciate it hugely.

salamalikum2
10th Aug 2013, 16:48
John,

Yes cabin crew do have a curfew.
Some says it's for security reason:}...some others says its because Qatari ladies complain that Qataris guys are running after c.c...:}...
We will probably never known the real reason.
You should see the " not allowed" rules they have. Its quit impressive...

Now to answer your question.

1- a lot of cabin crew do have to support their family at home .( so freedom is not their priority).
Imagine a salary of 3..4000U$..what it can represent for girl coming from India, Philippine,Romania....!!
2-we have probably one of the highest turnover amongst c.c. In Qatar airways.
3-a lot of C.c just spend a few months/ years here to discover the world and then leave.

sk8erboi
10th Aug 2013, 23:06
John

Any worse than charging pilots to fly?

Just a thought

casablanca
11th Aug 2013, 01:36
I came from America, and have only been at Qatar for 8 months, but so far me and my family, we have enjoyed it. The cabin crew do have lots of restrictions...I have asked some how they like it here or how it compares to being home, and for many this represents an increase in salary x 10. I guess depending on the country you come from it is all relative.

BuzzLightyears
13th Aug 2013, 07:20
I came from America, and have only been at Qatar for 8 months, but so far me and my family, we have enjoyed it. The cabin crew do have lots of restrictions...I have asked some how they like it here or how it compares to being home, and for many this represents an increase in salary x 10. I guess depending on the country you come from it is all relative.
11th Aug 2013 00:06

Well if your family pass the 2 years mark ... you will be ok in qr.
If not your life will be exponentially pretty miserable!