PDA

View Full Version : SFO loses BAE al-Yamamah investigation documents

Sun Who
8th Aug 2013, 16:38
Honestly, you couldn't make it up:ugh:

BBC News - SFO loses BAE al-Yamamah investigation documents (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23622364)

Sun.

BEagle
8th Aug 2013, 18:26
How very convenient.....:(

The SFO dropped its investigation in 2006 after intervention by then prime minister Tony Blair.

"Ultimately, this is a matter for the SFO and as far as BAE Systems is concerned, it is now closed," as spokesman for the defence firm said.

The oleaginous Bliar has a lot to answer for.....:ugh:

As for the comment from that spokesman of 't Bunging Baron Waste o' Space - one cannot but recall the words of Miss Mandy Rice-Davies....:hmm:

smujsmith
8th Aug 2013, 22:12
I do hope this leads to the "bringing to book" of the liar Blair. I struggle to contain my delight at the thought that this could put him in the dock. I care not if any other politicians are involved (nice if Broon the Cloon could be involved) but never a more deserving recipient of justice than that grinning moron. Sorry, rant over. I remain hopeful.

Smudge

racedo
8th Aug 2013, 23:26
Lost !!!!!!!!!!!!

They not lost, they merely "misplaced" at a secret base somewhere.

They can always be "found" at some opportune future time, to ensure people see an opposing view in a more favourable light and amend their incorrect position accordingly.

(As Sir Humphrey in Yes Minister would say.)

safetypee
9th Aug 2013, 01:10
The timing of this ‘loss’ could be related to:
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/520975-21st-century-meaf.html

tucumseh
9th Aug 2013, 05:35
81 tapes lost. Is that tapes, as in recorded interviews under caution, in which case there MUST be copies? Or tapes, as in secretly recorded phone calls a la Met Police Commissioner Blair?

A 2 year old can see the Government's hand behind this. Multiple inquiries, headed by tame "establishment" appointed figures. Dilute the impact and watch it filter away.

On the other hand "serious" and "fraud" is a contradiction in terms in the Defence context, following the Head of the Civil Service and Minister for the Armed Forces announcing that instructing one to commit fraud is not an offence!

Eclectic
9th Aug 2013, 08:15
When Ian Tomlinson was attacked and killed by the police the CCTV tapes magically disappeared.

When you have a secret club, whose members include the police, politicians, civil servants and industrialists, whose members swear blood oaths to look after each other before everything else, including the law, then things happen.

0d2oK43Yiss