PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilot Jobs Japan

r44tropic
8th Aug 2013, 01:00
Gday
I know theres a separate helicopter forum here but noone has any answers.

Any good websites or contacts for commercial helicopter pilot jobs in japan or any advice for the same would be great.

My wife is Japanese and i'd be interested in doing a few years over there.

Thanks
Westy

Fratemate
9th Aug 2013, 08:08
Mate, I think the number of views versus the number of replies probably gives you a good indication of the scarcity of helo jobs in Japan. As well as having to go through the nause of getting a JCAB licence and convincing the Japanese Government that you're allowed to work and getting a company to sponsor you and, obviously, being fluent in Japanese to do so, the number of helicopters in Japan is tiny (removing the military choppers from the equation). There's a few exec machines that float around Tokyo and the police and paramedics have a handful but that really is about it. You really don't see anything like tourist flights, hell-mustering or the like. In short I think you don't stand a chance because the very small number of jobs will be filled by a very small number of Japanese pilots.

I qualify my thoughts by pointing out that I am not a helo driver but I do work in Japan and have been here long enough to get a pretty good idea of the 'scene'.

Come on, chasing cattle around the Northern Territories would be much better than hanging around Nippon eating raw fish and squid testicles :ooh:

r44tropic
9th Aug 2013, 22:54
Thanks for reply, figured it was a long shot i did know theres not alot to offer.

Mustering never done it never want to, far to over qualified anyway.

cheers