PDA

View Full Version : Temporarily placing an Android phone in suspended animation

The late XV105
7th Aug 2013, 18:14
Picture the scene; passing a smartphone around between people, each being oh-so careful not to change the orientation or accidentally press a button or touch the screen when, oops, it has to be passed back to the keeper to be reset back to what was being shown, and passed around again.

Perhaps I have been searching on the wrong phrases but I have failed to find an app that given a specific keystroke or guesture places the device in suspended animation showing exactly what it was at the time of invoking - before another specific keystroke or guesture "unlocks" it again.

Anything doing?

TVM,
TLXV

mixture
7th Aug 2013, 23:09
You can do this easily on an iPhone. :E

The late XV105
8th Aug 2013, 13:05
:)

Hell will freeze over [or Apple will lose their current carefully groomed culture as well as completely rethinking their walled garden ecosystem) before I buy any of their products!

mixture
8th Aug 2013, 19:03
completely rethinking their walled garden ecosystem

There are two sides to every coin and you're sitting there grumbling at the wrong side. :E

There are a million and one reasons why implementing IOS in the way they did is a Good Thing (TM).

The benefits far, far outweigh any purported disadvantages outlined by those who don't know any better.

The late XV105
8th Aug 2013, 23:05
The benefits far, far outweigh any purported disadvantages outlined by those who don't know any better.

They don't, and I won't bite on the insult.
We disagree.
End of discussion.

Back on thread.
I came here to find a pointer to a specific app if it exists for Android.

OFSO
24th Aug 2013, 17:54
Nope, I've been trying a few apps and I can't find one that leaves a widget on the screen all the time so you can lock whatever your are showing - all of them place the widget on the home screen only.

Funnily enough everyone under the age of 40 knows how to hold a smart phone/tablet, it's the wrinkleys who have trouble.

"Oops ! It's gone !"