PDA

View Full Version : sas commutor

Pille
3rd May 2002, 09:31
When SAS became an ownwer of linjeflyg in 92 they also became owner of Swedair.
SAS stated shortly after that Swedair and SC should be one company with one fleet of aicraft.
This work begun 1993 when SC became owner of Swedair.
What SC did to Swedair was that they said one thing to pilots in Swedair but a completly another story to pilots in SC.
During 1993 a sad dubbelgame which consisted of lies lies and more lies from SC with full support from unions within SAS and SC.
One year later 169 Sewdair pilot had been fired and put out of work.
What have caused so open wounds to so may Swedair pilots is the fact that this betrayal was so very well planed and performed with full support from unions within SAS and SC.
This sad event was not only a betayal to collegues,working sametimes together who had the same owners but " an outstanding" betayal not only in swedish aviation history but to the whole swedish working history.
I hope it never will happend again.
A year later SC opend a Stockholm base wihout any Swedair pilots.I am not saying i, m happy that SC pilots now gets fired i,m just saying i,m not the guy who will cry for them.

Zico
3rd May 2002, 10:35
And......??

Iīm sure the boys and galīs that were not there back then will appreciate your sympathy with colleagues being laid off!!

Oh, and itīs SAS Commuter and Captain

stab trim
3rd May 2002, 11:39
Very good point Pille.

Seems like the same kind of tactics is about to be applied by the SAS unions against the Braathens employees.

Fizze
3rd May 2002, 11:47
Wake up!
The outsorcing will be even more common in the future to meet the changing market, wich is very good for companies like Skyways, Braathens etc. but most of all for SAS that badly need to change the concept. So please stop comlaining and go on with the business.

saab340
9th May 2002, 11:54
Hello there SC F/0,

I am quiet sure you too would feel a very bad taste in your mouth if you correctly understand the shameless betrayal from SAS/SC and their pilot unions towards a whole group of 185 pilots ranging in age between your own and 60, most of them employed in Swedair between 10-30 years.

The point is that at a time when pilot unemployment was at the top SC and its associates did not lift one finger to ease the problems that arised for the Swedair pilots.

Why are we taking up this "old and forgotten" thing now?
Simply to let you youngsters know what can happen even to yourself if you, God forbid, advocate the same betrayal attitudes toward your fellow pilots as your colleagues did back in 1994.

I am not in any way blaming you or anyone employed after 1995 in SC and furthermore I am feeling sorry for any pilots that has to go regardless it is in SC or elswhere.

seupp
9th May 2002, 12:41
Usefull information!

Thanks alot for educating us all about a (bad) part of our aviation history, I really do mean it.

When people that have been in the industry longer than many of us, give up some free info.....Why not suck up that information, store it somewhere back in the harddrive and use it to our advantage in the future, to be better equiped in case of maybe just selfprotection, union work or what have you.

Thanx again.

seupp

Zico
10th May 2002, 12:56
SC STO base was not opened "a year later" which would be 1994. Rather, it opened 1997!
Saab 340 īs post is a good one, with respect for the innocent 91 FOīs that are now loosing their jobīs!
Thatīs all I wanted Pille to understand.
Now, I donīt know the story, but why do you think that SC should have hired 165 ex-Swedair pilots in 1994. Nobody was hired at SC that year!
Iīm asking a genuine question here. Not trying to stirr up things!
Rgds Zico (totally not involved with Swedair or SC)

Nick Figaretto
13th May 2002, 15:11
Interesting stuff!

I have never heard of this Swedair-incident, and I would like to be more enlightened. Give me the full story!

I know ther reason why SAS Commuter started up so late in Stockholm, was that SPF did not recognise SC as a company within SAS. The SAS "kollektivavtale" says (or at least said) that SAS production was to be flown by SAS crew. This might have had an influence on the way SPF (apparently) treated Swedair, then.

Does anyone have more info on this?