PDA

View Full Version : Sky 1 HD goes inside RAF Brize Norton

ricardian
6th Aug 2013, 09:04
Sky 1 HD goes inside RAF Brize Norton (http://sky1.sky.com/inside-raf-brize-norton/go-inside-raf-brize-norton-this-autumn)
This autumn, Sky 1 HD will premiere observational documentary series Inside RAF Brize Norton. The seven-part series will embed viewers in the intense, engaging world of one of the biggest and busiest Air Force bases on the planet, which supports all UK military operations around the globe.

Courtney Mil
6th Aug 2013, 09:31
one of the biggest and busiest Air Force bases on the planet

I thought it was about Brize Norton.

Stuff
6th Aug 2013, 09:40
Is this the documentary that dai4films made? If so then I hope they have better content than the cringe-worthy taster.

Brize Norton Taster - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vJKcqJp4S_M)

Wrathmonk
6th Aug 2013, 10:09
Not looked at the 'taster' as yet but for the buzzword bingo list I'll go for "S'cuse ranks".;)

ralphmalph
6th Aug 2013, 10:15
Some great stuff there.....professionals working hard to deliver their bit.

Movements WO, Chef, PJI....great stuff! No nonsense, to the point. Thank you.

To some others....Tubby Sqn Ldr with poorly canned sound bites......you make the RAF look like the other services feel you are. Take him off the series.....

I have experienced your service......and do you know what, was hugely content with the blood sweat and tears you shed. Thank you.

(And yes, to those philistines that say its not the same blood and sweat that is shed in theatre.......you are right.....it's all relative!)

TomJoad
6th Aug 2013, 10:59
To some others....Tubby Sqn Ldr with poorly canned sound bites......you make the RAF look like the other services feel you are. Take him off the series.....

I have experienced your service......and do you know what, was hugely content with the blood sweat and tears you shed. Thank you.

(And yes, to those philistines that say its not the same blood and sweat that is shed in theatre.......you are right.....it's all relative!)

Bit ready with your criticism there fellea - the guy is only doing his job which is not being stuck in front of a camera. I have seen some of the most competent and professional operators crumble once in front of the camera. Don't be so ready with your condemnation before you get to know the man.

As for "blood sweat and tears" I agree with you entirely, each is cog in the wheel. Look forward to seeing the series - from what I saw there I could not help but think how yonger and more professional looking today's RAF appears to be. Good on you guys. :ok:

TomJoad
6th Aug 2013, 11:01
Damm it, just realised I don't have Sky:{

gijoe
6th Aug 2013, 11:04
Do you know what, from the other services point of view...not that bad.

Tubby SO2 - agreed, but the PJI and 216 co were also a bit mincey. Maybe the temptation to perform for the camera was too much?

Stn Cdr - VG but I guess he would be.

If Joe Public sees a series/prorgamme as good as the trailer might indicate then maybe some of the damage done by 'Airbase at War - The Kandahar Post Run' may be repaired.

G:ok:

cessnapete
6th Aug 2013, 16:45
I met the 216 Co recently, she is now a 216 Capt. Very professional and definitely not mincey!

gijoe
7th Aug 2013, 03:42
I have no doubt about that - but the snapshot that the camera takes can be very different. See the comments on the Chinook walkround thread and hands on hips.

G

clicker
7th Aug 2013, 16:49
Did chuckle when a S/L was given the job description "Chief of Staff".

BEagle
7th Aug 2013, 16:54
Damn it, just realised I don't have Sky.

Do you even have electricity up there in papa-whisky land?

Al R
7th Aug 2013, 17:19
'Man up or ship out' though?

In light of LFCs recent edict about banning cries of 'man up!' from the Kop or for fear of upsetting Mary Beard, I hope that somebody suitably 'right on' from within the fluffy bowels of the MoD media empire is sprinting to the post production edit suite as we speak. Oh, the inhumanity.

TomJoad
7th Aug 2013, 17:49
Do you even have electricity up there in papa-whisky land?

An excess of it - all subsidised of course by tax payers from Southern Britain:ok:

November4
7th Aug 2013, 21:22
Loved the DSAMO comment at 05:35 n the Taster when he picks up a bag to put it n the conveyor..."F*** me that one's heavy"

Blue Bottle
26th Oct 2013, 09:01
Starts 21 Nov on Sky 1

Comments will start 5 min's after that

We touchdown Inside RAF Brize Norton - Sky1 HD (http://sky1.sky.com/sky1hd-shows/we-touchdown-inside-raf-brize-norton?fb_action_ids=10151703344061476&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151703344061476%22%3A7109440856014 84%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151703344061476%22%3A%22og.likes%22% 7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D)

Genstabler
26th Oct 2013, 09:23
Thought the taster was fine. If I were an ex crab I'd be pleased!