PDA

View Full Version : PIC training

Meshoo
5th Aug 2013, 21:35
Hi everyone

can the one to be a PIC on a biz jet, starts training on the left seat?
i mean training with the formal PIC of the aircraft, all the time until completing 1500 Hrs total time.

and those hours will be logged as PIC for both pilots?

then if that is correct, when I can be assigned as a formal PIC of that aircraft?
and what are the requirements for that?

thanks to all for answering me

Best Regards to all

B200Drvr
6th Aug 2013, 01:59
Most of the answers to your questions are related to Company SOP's, as for both pilots logging PIC time. Thats a No-no. I guess you are in Saudi, GACA is based on the FAA system, neither GACA or the FAA have an allowance for PICUS. So while, if your company permits you to do training from the left seat, and you are appropriately rated on a HZ or N reg machine, only one person can officially log PIC and that is the person responsible for the flight.

mutt
6th Aug 2013, 12:11
Meshoo, you stated before that you had an SIC rating in the HS125, so you cannot fly in the left seat.

(A) The pilot performing the duties of PIC holds a commercial or ATP certificate and aircraft rating that is appropriate to the category and class of aircraft being flown, if a class rating is appropriate;

B200Drvr, the new GACA regulations permit both the instructor and student to log the PIC time.

Mutt

Meshoo
6th Aug 2013, 22:57
thank you all

i did my recurrent training as PIC now, and the company is very less SOP's.
i already started to perform PICUS from the R seat for now.
the real PIC promised me if satisfies my job he will move me to do it from the L-seat.
because i think they want to upgrade me by next year when i finish 1500Hrs total, because i will cheaper to them than a very experienced captain.

and the A/C is not HZ or N, its VP and i'm validated on it.

so i think now i can log the time as PICUS for 25Hrs then as PIC for the rest ?

Regards

mutt
7th Aug 2013, 06:12
Meshoo, the insurance company might have an objection to a 1500 hour Captain.

As you are based in KSA, it might be worth your time getting your hands on the new GACA regulations, you will have a hard time keeping a VP registered aircraft in Saudi without it going on a 125 certificate. Once that happens, you will require an approved training program including experience levels. Just for reference, another company based in JED requires 3000 hours before allowing someone to move right to left.

Good luck.

Mutt