PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Zeppelin flights to start over Paris

Anthony Supplebottom
4th Aug 2013, 19:33
A Zeppelin airship has taken to the skies above Paris launching a new way for visitors to experience the sights of the French capital.

Pilot Catherine Board praised the new mode of sightseeing and drew attention to the safety features of the airship.

"This aircraft is probably the most safe aircraft because the gas inside is helium, and this is a completely non-flammable gas. The fuel tanks are actually inside that non-flammable gas, so helium cannot burn," said Ms Board, an Australian engaged by Airship Paris, the company operating the Zeppelins in the Paris region.

Video: Zeppelin offers new way to view Paris - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10221605/Zeppelin-offers-new-way-to-view-Paris.html)

joy ride
5th Aug 2013, 10:56
A Zeppelin New Technology like that (possibly the same one) was operating in London about 4 years ago giving pleasure flights. It flew right over my home several times and was remarkably quiet despite being 30% bigger than the Goodyear airships. In fact the first time it flew over I did not hear it until it was directly overhead, perhaps 500 ft up, and it was the shadow that I noticed first.