PDA

View Full Version : Southern Aviation Services ltd

Aviatora
4th Aug 2013, 12:53
Anyone had any experience with this agency named Southern Aviation Services ltd. ? They are located in Srilanka. One of my friend was told, they were hiring first officers for the airbus in Maldivian

Thanks

dickandballs
8th Aug 2013, 11:04
Its Owned by a well noted un educated Government MP who used to snatch chains on trains then become a THUG and supported the Government and became an MP now holds the Shipping and Ports Ministry taking kickbacks for the Highest person....

Would you want to be aprt of that Company which is run by his SON or In law? CAA says there TRTO was not even considered yet and they have links with a Flying school in Male ...

Dont trust the SIM in Colombo where they break down every now and then and full of issues ,scheduling issues this is just a rip off scheme... STAY AWAY

sognodivolare
30th Dec 2013, 15:31
Any other news about this agency? Who was invited for skype interview?

pfvspnf
30th Dec 2013, 20:51
haha! this is an absolute scam!

there is no line training, maldivian has 1 a320, dash 8 fleet is not moving at all! you will be asked to pay $120,000 USD for the airbus job.

go for it, loose your money!

lingdee
31st Dec 2013, 05:54
Stay away from them. My friend paid to SAS and MSD Euro 60,000 and were promise an a320 line training that did not happen. They took all the money and just disappeared.

karelwielockx
2nd Jan 2014, 11:09
Just received a mail with an invitation for a skype interview.

Wanted to check about the company and hear these things about a scam.

Can't find anything on the internet regarding this. where do you all have this information from?

sognodivolare
2nd Jan 2014, 14:16
I did the skype interview, few personal question and technical question. almost 15 minutes of interview. they showed up the program: type+line+3 years contract on dash 8 q300, for only 70000$ :D
After almost 1 hr from the interview, they send me a mail saying: well done you passed the skype interview, the next step will be the face to face interview with company in MALE, maldive...

pfvspnf
2nd Jan 2014, 15:07
You guys from Europe are as desperate as the guys from India! You will loose ALL your money after the type rating, I know senior Captains at UL who tell me this is an absolute scam, if you do get ripped off you frankly deserve it!

jessyno
16th Mar 2014, 17:57
Anybody has hear about the Msd Aviation and Southern Aviation Service?
Please tell me!

KichalFlyer
9th May 2014, 10:07
Stay away from both MSD and SAS. I just posted a story, read it.

jack s
11th May 2014, 06:19
STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY

D'pirate
11th May 2014, 06:38
ONLY $70000 for Dash 8 - better spent on seeing a psychotherapist :yuk:

SOPS
11th May 2014, 09:33
To pay 70,000 to anyone for any rating is pure madness.:ugh::ugh:

latetonite
11th May 2014, 10:57
In my time, if anybody would ask money to type a pilot, he would be shot.

Gotafix2
11th May 2014, 14:04
I just love post #3 because the 'so?' shows just how little people outside understand how things work in Sri Lanka.

If SAS is owned by this powerful minister, then there is nothing the police, the CAA or the courts will do to protect someone who has been scammed by them. :ugh:

They do have an impressive website, though :D

Abs87
2nd Jul 2014, 10:29
Hey guys I want to ask about the a320 type rating and line training and confirm job after that is starting on the 15th of July... Did anyone had any exper with msd aviation or Sourthern aviation please let me know asap..

pilotchute
3rd Jul 2014, 09:04
Abs,

Did you read any of the thread before you posted??

You really need to ask?

This is proof that fools and their money are parted with easily. Multiple posts warning of a scam yet someone seems not to take any notice. Go on, give them $70,000 and see what happens.

pfvspnf
3rd Jul 2014, 10:40
It's a scam like most of the other pay to fly schemes !

Romeo.a320
11th Jul 2014, 09:46
hi, i am jumping on the program as well. i just did the skype inteview and passed it. now waiting for the sim date. i am already A320 type rated. anyone else?

Roti Canai
11th Jul 2014, 11:36
Pilotchute again my point is proved. These sort of MSD types all exist cos someone will pay them. I hope the Money is worth it.

Romeo.a320
11th Jul 2014, 11:47
Roti Canai. you can argue that mc donalds also exist cos someone will pay them as well.

all business in there so someone wants to pay them.

whats your point?

pfvspnf
11th Jul 2014, 13:43
You are getting yourself into a major scam, there is no line training and even if there is it will be after lots of delays. Wasting your money ! These people aren't here to help you , they want your cash and they want it quick !

Romeo.a320
11th Jul 2014, 13:46
the deal is that i dont have to transfere anything until meeting with the airline for the sim assesment. how is this a scam?

you have personal experience or just a forcast?

Roti Canai
11th Jul 2014, 14:46
Mac Donald's makes Burgers that the Customer can buy. The guy making the Burger gets paid even as a Trainee.

An Airline Pays you the Trainee however little a Salary, The Passenger pays to fly or that is what it was before the likes of P2F.

BTW Romeo I dont care a damn if you join that Scheme and pay up to fly,
Your Money your Life,

pfvspnf
11th Jul 2014, 15:12
Ok mate let me school you on how all of this works;

- you meet the airline representative during sim ? Why bother evaluating you when you are guaranteed training on the line ? They will probably tell you you need more sim sessions in order to delay the training

- they will tell you that no slots are available and they don't have the aircraft or the training captains to do it, and tell you to wait for months

- no information will be given about anything and the agent won't give you a refund

Which airline is it ? Why depend on the agent ? Go check it out yourself before throwing away your money !

Romeo.a320
11th Jul 2014, 15:24
maybe some agents do that as well, but im going to be very specific about delays etc... may i ask, do you have personal experience or did you read it some where? please be honest, i want to know this. and what agent/airline was it?

mine is southern aviation services, with an airline in vietnam

Chocks Away
12th Jul 2014, 04:57
Yes, easy to see how this Industry has so quickly gone down the toilet :ugh:

EVEN WITH such straight forward warnings and read flags, WHEN THEY posted the question... many continue into it with their eyes and ears closed!

:ugh::hmm::ugh::hmm::rolleyes:

pfvspnf
12th Jul 2014, 10:59
Romeo, what is your experience ? I've probably been around a lot longer than you have to tell you these agents are scumbags that want your parents money !

Vietjet and Vietnam airlines are both hiring but I doubt they have struck an agreement with a bloke sitting in Colombo !

Why don't you double check with the civil aviation authority that you can convert your type rating there. ? Don't ask the agency. ! Don't believe a word they say. !

Personal experience ? Rather not say here...

Roti Canai
12th Jul 2014, 11:11
Maybe it is Vietjet as there was an earlier thread about this, see the link.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/542453-vietjet-air-type-rating-program.html

Romeo.a320
12th Jul 2014, 11:36
roti canai, what is the name of that training organisation which have contract with vietjet?

Romeo.a320
12th Jul 2014, 11:39
pfvspnf, i know everybody hires but they all want hours on type. i just have the type rating with zero hours.... and i think its a good and fast way in. i guess money solve everything ha

pfvspnf
12th Jul 2014, 15:23
I'm not going to get into the pay to fly debate with you ! You clearly wouldn't understand how the rest of us had to work real hard to get to where we are .

Now , my priority is to stop the scammer! I don't want you to loose your money in 6 months, then you'll have a useless type rating with a $100,000 in debt !

At least MPL has some guarentees, there are a couple of legit pay to fly opportunities out there but this isn't one of them !

So you don't even know the name of the company you are going to do your trainjng. ? Really. ?

Dihedral1
12th Jul 2014, 16:14
Good luck with that..
You PTF guys can't even manage a google search..
Even if Southern were legit...:ugh:
Doubt the CAAV would approve that scheme..

Vietjet Air answering for its flight that went astray | Travel | The Malay Mail Online (http://www.themalaymailonline.com/travel/article/vietjet-air-answering-for-its-flight-that-went-astray)

aviatorhi
13th Jul 2014, 00:48
Strong recommendation from me to any PFT guys to go to this place, with any luck it will ruin you and remove you from my profession.

Roti Canai
13th Jul 2014, 03:30
I have no Idea which agency nor do I care Romeo but as you are the one saying you are looking to join this SAS scheme and its with a Vietnam carrier. Why would you ask that. Read the Link to an earlier thread.

Romeo.a320
13th Jul 2014, 05:08
Roti Canai you still havent answered my question about which agency is in philippines who have dels with vietjet?? then i will answer why i continue with this, deal?

Roti Canai
13th Jul 2014, 05:12
Romeo read my last, I have no idea. Unlike you I am not typerated without experience. Now you talk about an agency in Phillipines? when did I mention that. Enjoy your post I am done with this.

captjns
13th Jul 2014, 05:49
Ya gotta love it:D! A bunch of dumb spoiled schmucks beating their chest on these boards as if they are actually interviewing for a real job. Truth be known folks, in these spoiled putzes are being sized up by these schemers for their ability to convince mummy and daddy to part with their hard earned funds..:}.

A sensible person can't use the terms "PILOT" and "P2F" in the same sentence unless one they were to say "a P2Fr is not a real pilot". How can a P2Fr put themselves in the same league as on who paid their dues in attaining his/her right to the cockpit of any commercial operation.

Give me a :mad: break!

Romeo.a320
13th Jul 2014, 05:53
how the hell else are we supposed to score a job? you know (if you are in the business) how damn hard, if not impossible to get a contract....

money solve this problem.... and i dont mind paying. does that make me a bad pilot? of course not. it just makes things much easier.

i have 3 good friends who did this and now all of them have real contracts with good pay check...

captjns
13th Jul 2014, 06:36
i have 3 good friends who did this and now all of them have real contracts with good pay check...

Your mates may have proper contracts... However, I'm sure they don't brag to their fellow employees how they paid to get their job, while their counterparts earned theirs.:=.

Romeo.a320
13th Jul 2014, 06:48
Naa it doesnt matter how you got your hours, what matters is the contract in your hand later....

pfvspnf
13th Jul 2014, 06:59
If you have that sort of money to loose go ahead and pay without any guarenteees!

What license do you hold ? What is your nationality ?

pfvspnf
13th Jul 2014, 07:02
What makes you think you will pass the line training ? It's not as easy as it sounds , IOE is not a joke!

What makes you think line captains won't treat you like dirt ?

This isn't a profession where one moves ahead by paying , that being said I ask you once again , what airline are you going to do the training with ! You clearly have doubts as you are asking for the names of other agents ?!

Romeo.a320
13th Jul 2014, 07:06
im swedish and i hold EASA f-ATPL with cpl and A320TR. can you tell me what the name of the agency is in philippines?

of course im not 100% shore, thats why i ask and search alot.....

pfvspnf
13th Jul 2014, 12:30
I dont know of any companies in the Philippines that do this, maybe operators in Africa and Afghanistan accept pay to fly on a limited basis but I don't think you will get anywhere trying to fast track in asia!

go.around
21st Jul 2014, 09:08
Romeo.a320 my friend who is also A320 rated told me about these guys as he was thinking about going with them.

He spoke to one of the guys and he quoted him $120,000 for type rating and line training. He did state he held a current A320 rating and then the price reduced to $90,000 to be paid on start of line training.

The offer made to him was 500 hrs line training and a 5yr contract with an airline in the far east. He showed me a pay scale during the 5yrs and I calculated that over 5yrs he would barely make the $90,000 and maybe have $1000 in the bank to show for 5yrs work all this is before living expenses and other expenses that you will incur.

I understand the frustrations of wanting to get on the ladder and I am in the same boat and gained my license 4 yrs ago with zero luck. However during these desperate times we should be all standing up and saying no and forcing these criminal agents going under. They prey on the desperate and take full advantage.

I would suggest you think carefully about applying or even making any payment unless the bank of dad and mum are funding this.

Good luck what ever you decide and hopefully you realise that by signing up with the agents you are preventing airlines from taking recruits directly via their own schemes.

During desperate times the biggest mistakes are made.

pfvspnf
21st Jul 2014, 14:13
Not to mention if you fail a checkride or have a bad day they will not hesitate to kick you out.

Romeo.a320
21st Jul 2014, 14:31
Does anybody think its okay to pay money and to fly for free? i think not but, i feel i just might have to suck it up and do it.... im not getting any younger neither, 34 at the moment. what if your 40+ with about 350h TT and a TR with zero hours? what then, you think any airline will hire an old dude? nop, i think not....conclusion/solution. P2F baby

i am actually glad these kind of programs exist.

klmasdriver
21st Jul 2014, 15:33
Does anybody think its okay to pay money and to fly for free? i think not but, i feel i just might have to suck it up and do it.... im not getting any younger neither, 34 at the moment. what if your 40+ with about 350h TT and a TR with zero hours? what then, you think any airline will hire an old dude? nop, i think not....conclusion/solution. P2F baby

i am actually glad these kind of programs exist.

I wish one day you can fully understand the full weightage of self destruction cycle that you had brought upon yourself, and the entire industry.

I would never stand by any scammers but it does sound like there's a huge market of dumb pxxxx out there who want the quick way out and the conmen are having the best of times. I wish all of you worst of luck, and may every penny that you throw in earns you P2Fs nothing but frustrations.

pfvspnf
21st Jul 2014, 17:11
Romeo, clearly there is no convincing you. I hope I get to fly with you someday, ha!.

Do yourself a favor and make sure you don't pay up front and if you do get scammed hire a great lawyer to get your money back.

Hope you pay to fly for your PIC upgrade as well !

squarecrow
22nd Jul 2014, 04:03
Usually these Scam Clown's have an address which is a Room with a Telephone in and nothing else. Most good Lawyer's will tell you can try to
get Money back but slim chance. My 10 cents worth.

zed7
26th Jul 2014, 16:40
I don't care what people say about P2f.. I believe in making like simpler and getting there sooner.
I am on for a P2f program if I am sure its Legitimate.

Anyone know any legitimate one ?

I am in touch with SAS also , anyone have any experience with them in the past?

Anyone else who has a positive out look towards P2f do contact me, we can research together.

Romeo.a320
26th Jul 2014, 16:45
Zed, i do a little. PM me with your questions...

pfvspnf
27th Jul 2014, 11:31
Try tropic air belize but with your attitude a caravan will not be good enough!

Romeo.a320
27th Jul 2014, 11:35
naa but thanks though. i have an Airbus Rating and money, why should i not choose that over a stinky caravan...

pfvspnf
27th Jul 2014, 12:48
Can't wait to see you on the line ! I'm sure the instructors are going to have a wonderful time with you !

Romeo.a320
27th Jul 2014, 12:57
cant understand what you mean? why would they have fun with me

pfvspnf
27th Jul 2014, 14:58
Go tell the person who's teaching you on the line what you think of general aviation and how you love paying to fly !

Romeo.a320
29th Jul 2014, 20:43
so tell me pfvspnf, you are against P2F am i wright?

The Old Swedish
30th Jul 2014, 07:49
No. - You are definitely not Wright...

Romeo.a320
30th Jul 2014, 07:59
You wrote this post 26th august 2013 03:59

pfvspnf

IFTC Turkey Type Rating A320 + 500 hours
International Flight Training Center (IFTC)

Any info on them? Do they actually provide the line training after your type?

pfvspnf
30th Jul 2014, 10:05
Romeo , you tool! I've never paid to fly, I've had bad experiences with agents and have always looked to expose scammers in order to make people like yourself aware of the risks and the overall damage it causes to the industry .

I have been working on a list of paytofly agents and airlines and would like to publish detailed information on cost, training standards, delays and other useful information.

All of my experience on piston , turbo prop and jets was through working hard and struggling from job to job , learning as I moved up the ladder.

Romeo.a320
30th Jul 2014, 12:18
But you clearly asked if they provide LT after TR? You can only assume you are also looking for joining these so called scam programs...

I tell you, i hate paying these amount of money as you can imagine, but i feel like i just might have to!!!! And here is where I'm at.

What you mean? You have been scammed once? By these agents

pfvspnf
30th Jul 2014, 12:49
Read carefully, I said I had a bad experience with an agent which ended up as a pay to fly scheme when initially a salaried job was promised!

Regarding IFTC , several of us were wondering if Turkey accepts non JAA licenses and how they were getting away with pilots from other countries flying in Turkey!hence my enquiry...

Do what you think is right for you, I was fortunate to get a break but it was a long road . My biggest problem is with agents and scammers ! They have no control over when you will start your training , the airline does, and pay to fly is always the least priority. ! Your money is mostly going to the agent , this is more of a headache for the airline 's HR/Operations department to manage. So of they decide to delay or cancel the program , your money will not be returned!

Good luck

zed7
8th Aug 2014, 10:29
Anyone here enrolling with SAS ?

pfvspnf
12th Aug 2014, 05:56
Is this a scam ? Can someone please confirm ?

dickandballs
22nd Aug 2014, 09:29
This chap who runs this in Colombo is a nut cracker with no real life experience.
All he has his piston experience , done his SL PPL in Colombo and FAA CPL the his Flight instructor rating in Colombo and the colombo Style ATPL papers available in CAA ( CAA SL recently sacked an employee for selling the questions)

So in General this chap has piston hours, all on 152 I guess no real time work experience in an Airline or anywhere got hold of a retired Captain and using the wealth of his Father or Uncle who is knwn as Raththran ( Gold chain snatcher) a goon who used to be a thug and now a MP of the government. The spineless CAA now in the process of issuing them an AOC to start an airline because now this MP is using balckmoney to turn white. He can get Aeroplanes to show his hidden money and also to get down an Aircraft which he has purchased three eyars ago now parked in an Arab country under different AOC. These are all Black money , starting companies to make it White.

Its a shame some Senior retired Captains are in this project and associating these goons and big talkers. This chap SAMITHA or somebody from SAS doesn't know JACK **** of Aviation... Stay away from them.

sandboxpilot180
13th Nov 2014, 07:26
What ever happened with this?

Have you started your line training?

pfvspnf
13th Nov 2014, 13:15
Sandbox this is an even bigger scam than msd , no there is NO line training

sandboxpilot180
13th Nov 2014, 13:19
Thanks. That is too bad.

Sad for the people who paid.

v4city
16th Nov 2014, 14:55
Good Day

Do you have some info about a guy from the city of bangalore in india who says he does recruitment for airlinkers?

Appreciate it, if u share some

sandboxpilot180
16th Nov 2014, 17:22
pineappledaz

It is sad anytime something is stolen from anyone. Stealing is wrong no matter the circumstances.

pineappledaz
17th Nov 2014, 18:42
Yes theft is sad but this stuff exists because people out there are willing to pay money for a job. Lets call it a stupidity tax

Samith Abey
22nd Nov 2014, 17:22
Hi

Without knowing someone pls do not talk about others and its not professional,

pfvspnf
24th Nov 2014, 11:53
There is no line training , this is just a runaround and a waste of time and money . Stay far far away

v4city
24th Nov 2014, 23:14
Good Day Samith Abey

Do you have some valuable information to contribute, if so that would be great to all of us.

Regards.

Eric Janson
27th Nov 2014, 09:04
Good Day

Do you have some info about a guy from the city of bangalore in india who says he does recruitment for airlinkers?

Appreciate it, if u share some

airlinkers is a scam - stay away from this and anyone involved with them.

A few of us looked into this a few years ago on behalf of someone on another aviation site. We found the Facebook profile of the guy in Bangalore (B....).

It's really simple - any pay to fly scheme is a scam.

v4city
27th Nov 2014, 10:24
Thanks Eric for the info, yea now I remember the guy's name too. He even was willing to send me some numbers of pilots working that he say so that I can talk to them, sounds funny to me.

pfvspnf
27th Nov 2014, 22:09
Linkers is a scam so is skies aviation! There is a chap out of North Africa also running a scam , avoid MSD too!

omarhs
28th Nov 2014, 01:45
Guys, avoid any p2f scheme. Legit or not! It doesn't matter.
I don't understand the point of paying for someone to work for him.
This :mad: destroyed the industry, seriously.

Btw, I'm type rated with 0 hours so we're all in the same boat.

zed7
1st Dec 2014, 06:17
In my experience SAS is not a scam and Samith is an honest man.don't know much about the program.. will not say more .

pfvspnf
2nd Dec 2014, 01:05
If you don't know much about the scam I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself , there is no line training.

sandboxpilot180
2nd Dec 2014, 13:34
Just like MSD