PDA

View Full Version : Russian Visa

Baywatcher
2nd Aug 2013, 13:10
Anyone have experience with getting a Russian visa on EU passport?

Narrow Runway
2nd Aug 2013, 13:14
Yes, I just had a multi entry put in my UK passport.

I know of a very good guy to use in order to expedite the process.

Baywatcher
2nd Aug 2013, 13:23
Thanks for your reply. Could you pm the details to me?

With thanks

CaptainProp
2nd Aug 2013, 22:42
There are a lot of visa agencies around if you google for it. The issue is really whether or not you have a sponsor in Russia for your visa? I don't think the visa agencies provide sponsors but I could be wrong. We always use the same agency and company has sponsor.

CP

vova_k
4th Aug 2013, 10:16
Most of visa agencies provide sponsors (it's called invitation letter) for Russian visa. If some agency does not, just use another one.

Deep and fast
4th Aug 2013, 15:32
We use a company based in Edinburgh (google it) and its a very straight forward process. They will obtain an invitation letter and only need your passport for a few days to get the visa issued.

Working in Russia, well that's an acquired taste ))

MAVERICK#
4th Aug 2013, 18:39
Moscow is fun in the summer, but the winters are long and cold.

Its not for every one but I like it. :ok::ok:

Mustard Seed
6th Aug 2013, 09:44
As a corporate flight crew, should I apply for business or tourist visa? Thanks.

envoy
6th Aug 2013, 10:44
Mustard-

In answer to your specific question: I have entered on both tourist visa (single entry) and business (multi entry) whilst on board as operating crew of a corporate jet.

The business visa required sponsorship beyond what a visa agent could provide - but it also brought the benefits of multiple entries and extended validity. Something to consider if you are planning several trips.

Note that you can get a visa on arrival at a couple of cities - Moscow and St Petersburg. Your client would need very good contacts to get visa on arrival anywhere else. You would be well advised to confirm availability through your handling agent in advance.

If you are in Hong Kong (as per your profile), there is a visa agent conveniently located on the same floor as the Russian Federation visa office in Wanchai. They can provide sponsorship letters for aircrew seeking tourist visas and (limited) advice. Depending on your nationality, the agent can turnaround your application for overnight return. Unfortunately, if you are UK, US or Australian... it usually takes a couple of nights or longer. Note that the visa office closes at midday - no late submissions possible!

Good luck...

flydive1
6th Aug 2013, 10:56
St. Petersburg not anymore, or at least was like that in January

Mustard Seed
6th Aug 2013, 14:10
Thank you Envoy