View Full Version : Thanks....For Nothing!!

Wizofoz
3rd May 2002, 04:52
Would any pilot who has declined an offer from Cathay because of the ban, and does not resent it, please post a message HERE

Would any pilot who has declined a Cathay offer and been offered any kind of assistance by the HKAOA please post a message HERE

Several HKAOA members have intimated that pilots declining Cathay will recieve offers after the ban is over (though they tend to go silent when pressed for details). If ANY HKAOA member is willing to make a concrete commitment to helping pilots who pass up a Cathay carreer because of the ban, Please outline that commitment HERE.

Alpha Leader
3rd May 2002, 05:01
As for any contributors from the group you portray in your second paragraph, Wizofoz, I would not hold my breath, mate!

ironbutt57
4th May 2002, 05:32
historically unions soliciting outside support don't generally offer anything in return, so they stand to gain, and the outsider always looses...guess he/she keeps their pride, great for those employed, or financially sound, but the fellow who needs and is offered the job, is between a rock and a hard spot....:confused: :confused: :confused:

41IA
4th May 2002, 14:11
...pretty impressive stuff, iron sphincter.

I'm not talking about your putrid, re-cycled ramblings, (same old merde) but the fact that you seem to have registered before the advent of the internet or PC's!

Capt.CenterLink
4th May 2002, 14:52
THANKS FOR NOTHING - EXACTLY

One - Friends at CX all say best job in the world love it to bits speak highly of the company.

TWO - They dont agree with the BAN they think it's a joke and for the same reason that we all keep mentioning here BECAUSE the HYPOCRITES have all taken up-grades.

THREE - They said if they had the choise they'd still join.

FOUR - OK some guys will hate you BUT there are many out there that AREN'T Bitter and Twisted and can see both sides of the coin and will still have a beer with you. THEY ARE REALISTS

FIVE - Hundreds of guys will join regardless of the BAN or the Idle threats , they just dont work never have never will.

SIX - been told that miss treatment of new employee's will be dealt with severly by management.

SEVEN - School yard bullie tactics... push push push push ..threaten threaten...all ya like sooner or later some one will get fed up and put their lights out.... hopefully knock some sense into them as well.

EIGHT - It doesn't have the full support of fellow aviators because the aviation fratenrity can see that what the CX guys are expecting of new hires is SELFISH - PATHETIC - AND WEAK The world would have stood up and watched if they all stood by their word - MOST DIDN'T

I feel what has happened to the 49'ers is appaling BUT the CX Drivers expect support for the CAUSE and inturn give NOTHING! .....as I've said in another post LEAD BY EXAMPLE , to late though because the up-grades have all been taken and now you don't have a leg to stand on or the credibility to back the argument up because of what you say?.....HYPOCRISY!

NO ONE will take it seriously because unfortunatly no one internally has ACTED seriously - again they've all gone about their merry jobs and things for them are just fine.

MARK MY WORDS - THERE ARE ONLY TWO LOOSERS IN THIS GAME , THE ONES WHO DON'T TAKE AN S/O JOB AND THE UNFORTUNATE 49'ERS.......no disrespect meant to the guys.

KEEP IT REAL.............

:mad:

41IA
4th May 2002, 16:17
now let's see...

Registered May 2002, 3 posts, all spitting venom at the AOA and IFALPA and "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf"

You wouldn't be one of DT's LickSpittles would you? No, of course not!

Wizofoz
5th May 2002, 00:54
The sad thing about this is it is so much history repeating.

41IA, in 1989/1990, I had freinds on both sides of the AFAP dispute. When guys who had joined spoke to freinds still out, and just said "The AFAP will not get you your job back, if you want to work your going to have to join" the imediate response was "You've been put up to this by the company".

Sir, I have no connection with Cathay, I an not an applicant and don't intend to be. My problem with the ban is that I see the tragedy of 1989 repeating itself only worse. You will have two groups sitting in the same cockpit hating each other. What these threads should at least convince you of is that there are plenty of potential Cathay pilots who feel they have justification for defying the ban. Therefore, it won't work. If it doesn't work all you will achieve is to fragement your company, therefore weakening your union.

I've asked this on another thread, but no HKAOA member will answer...Why did serving Cathay pilots accept upgrades to replace the 49ers, when they expect applicants not to accept jobs?

411A
5th May 2002, 02:02
Hmmm....looks like the AOA guys are back on this forum enmass...thought they were all going to retreat to their own.
Only an echo there...perhaps?
All good stuff guys...keep it up.:D

Wizofoz
5th May 2002, 02:55
frankg,

I am an interested party in as much as I am a proffestional pilot (check the title of this forum), I have freinds on both sides of THIS fence, and I've seen it all before with tragic consequences to all concerned.

I note your response to any query or critisism is "There is a ban in place, please act accordingly" as if the whole aviation world is obliged to follow your instructions. You would do your cause much more good if you would attempt to address legitimate questions put to you, for example..

1) Why did Cathay pilots accept upgrades to replace the 49ers?

1) What will the HKAOA do to ensure pilots who turn down Cathay because of the ban are employed later?

I know I am repeating myself, but the fact is no adequate answer has been put forward to these questions.

Wizofoz
5th May 2002, 03:18
frankg,

And, because there is a ban in place, the actions of the HKAOA require no justification, no questions need be answered, and any action of the HKAOA is to br accepted without complaint?

Surely you can see such arogance will not help your cause.

Wizofoz
5th May 2002, 04:21
Agreed frankg,

Infinate force has met imovable object.

Just two closing comments:-

1) Don't get the s@@@'s just because someone dissagrees with you. Yours is not the only point of view in the world. I have said all along that you need to help the 49ers, and my major objection to the ban is that it won't work.

2) You have clearly stated what pilots ignoring the ban can expect, yet still they come. When you have a fragmented workplace and have still not achieved your objectives, may I say something along the lines of "You were advised accordingly?"

Capt.CenterLink
5th May 2002, 04:54
.....IN FACT THEY MAY BE LOSING SLEEP........

More idle threats from people with out the B@lls to stand up for themselves.....

Thats it boys keep it rolling - get the little guys to do your dirty work.......

STRIKE / PULL SICK / DONT ACCEPT UP-GRADES - GROW SOME N#TS...... LEAD BY EXAMPLE.....

you've lost all credibility I'm affraid

PCav8or
5th May 2002, 05:36
frankg,

Please respond to this & only this:

- Why did Cathay pilots accept upgrades to replace the 49ers?

Yes, there is a ban in place. Yes, we shall all be guided accordingly!! But do try & respond to the above question, old fruit.

Thank you kindly.

ironbutt57
5th May 2002, 06:05
41IA that's four one eye a....a union-poisioned person trying to look like four eleven a....amazing when the new software came into being, my reggo date and postings disappeared...don't know how....registered in 1998....posts around 800 or so....what to do?;) ;)

ironbutt57
5th May 2002, 06:09
naw...the truth would be better thanx anyway:)

41IA
5th May 2002, 14:25
ferrous sphincter, the facts are, the ban is working. Our CEO has said as much . As frankg says, no amount of rhetoric here will stop a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed GA, ex-Seneca/Navajo/Caravan/Twotter driver with the CX app in his sweaty hands from saying yes. Thing is, he thinks he's joining the CX of legends.

What frankg, 411A, me and others are trying to do is to point out the realities of their decision. As me OLD mate 411A constantly points out, things have changed. A lot. Those salaries...gone. Those "P" (provident) funds...gone. Days off...gone. "Heavy" crews...gone. Long layovers...gone. Housing allowances...going going gone. No credit leave...gone. Overtime...gone. Decent hotels...gone. Bidlines...don't make me laugh.

Thing is, CX recruiting won't tell Mr. GA pilot any of this, nor the truth about the ban, the 8 year (and counting) industrial dispute, nor the countless agreements and undertakings CX "mangers" (that's how CX managers spell it on memo's) have tossed aside.

Come to CX. Join TODAY. It's just another job. Doesn't have to be, though.

ceeone30
5th May 2002, 17:08
I for one will not brake the ban, not because the CX boys say so, but because it is approved and supported by IFALPA. As I have been an IFALPA member for more then 10 years, and always have been proud of it, I will not turn my back on an organization , and the thousand of fellow member pilot's , who looked after my needs and stood by me during my loss of license. It is an IFALPA ban , not a CX ban.
P.S. I was offered a position, and Captain Centreline, any one who calls himself a Captain outside of a cockpit don't social with me anyway. Why wan't to degrade yourself to "Boy Pilot" ( South African Expresion for second Officer) if your staus is so important....... or wait.... that's what I would expect from a sc@@.

ironbutt57
5th May 2002, 19:20
join cx...thanks but no.....sounds horrible

E.P.
9th May 2002, 11:14
And of course Frankg will take a future upgrade (if not already) and advise his mates accordingly to do so as well.

Have a nice day.