PDA

View Full Version : Susi - C208b P2 Time Vs. JAA/EASA Logbook

pa0507
1st Aug 2013, 17:01
Hi Guys,

I`ve got a problem here.
I think ex-Susi Pilots can help.

I have tried and read many threads and posts here without luck.

I have a ICAO and a JAA CPL.
I'm flying in south America now, as a P2 (co-pilot) on a Caravan C208b on under the 135 regulation. So, as it is 135, 2 pilots are required in multi crew to operate the equipment for passenger ops.

I a trying to register my hours in my JAA logbook, but my authority will not accept them.
BUT!!
I read that CAA UK accepted those hours as total time in the JAA logbook and total time, but they did not count as experience to unfreeze the ATPL.
That is fine by me..

After a few emails and a phone call, I was advised to send a presentation!

So my questions are:

1. Does the C208 appear on the INDO licence? (It doesn`t appear on my ICAO...)

2. Has anyone with a JAA licence registered these hours on their European logbooks - having those hours been accepted by their local aviation authority? If so, could you please send me some info?

I went through a ground school and flight training (12h).

Please, I need help here guys.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Tks

pa0507
3rd Aug 2013, 15:08
I have a ICAO licence.

Under local regulations nothing appears on my licence, but I had full training on the aircraft.

kwaiyai
4th Aug 2013, 05:18
All I can suggest is you show as much certified paperwork along with a letter to your Authority from yourself explaining your situation and ask for assesment based on that. That is probably what they mean by a presentation from you.
example: Letter from the Country Authority you are in to verify your licence and experience. Letter from your Company to verify your training etc.
I am not familiar with The Portuguese CAA but sounds like they want to see more certified paperwork before proceeding with your application or whatever you are doing. The fact your licence shows no type or class rating wont help either.
I sent you the part fcl link via pm,

pa0507
5th Aug 2013, 04:17
Thanks kwaiyai!