PDA

View Full Version : Free travel with Aerolineas Argentinas

Flap3Landing
1st Aug 2013, 07:56
Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are visiting Argentina for 4 weeks between Oct and Nov. We would like to see a lot of the country in the time we are there, but are finding airline travel inside Argentina very expensive.

We both work for Easyjet in Europe, and have spoken to a few colleagues who have visited Argentina recently. They told us that they travelled for free with Aerolineas when they showed their easyJet airside passes at check in and to the crew. Is there any truth in this?

Many thanks in advance.

fabricio79
1st Aug 2013, 11:32
Itīs true and totally normal, and if you are from here you dont even need to work in a airline, just be a Comercial o Instructor pilot, but always carry your security pass.

Flap3Landing
1st Aug 2013, 16:54
Thank you for your reply. This is great news. I wish we were the same in Europe.....

Do we have to go to the check in desks with our security passes to get onto the flights?

marianoberna
1st Aug 2013, 17:51
ask for the "oficina de operaciones"

Gusz
1st Aug 2013, 21:10
Is the security pass the same as a crew id ????

7Q Off
1st Aug 2013, 23:34
Bring the pass, licence and medical too.

Here is at captain discretion. :ok:

cristianxb1983
20th Aug 2013, 03:57
You need License, Medical and Company ID, My brother works for Easyjet as a cabin crew and he had already used the benefit... Best Regards

cosmiccomet
20th Aug 2013, 09:51
Just to be clear, the benefit is only for pilots with license and medical in Aerolineas Argentinas/Austral and it is under Captain discretion to granted or not.
LAN Argentina also gives to the Captain the right to give "Cockpit Pass" to Airline Pilots with License, Medical and Company ID.
Captains also can asign the two available jump seats for passengers with standby tickets.

Those are the rules.

Dorian Crook
23rd Sep 2013, 20:43
Does anyone know if there equally generous to Air Traffic Controllers ?

HueyLoach
23rd Sep 2013, 21:43
Yes. You can get a pass to the control tower and watch all the airplanes take off and land. :E

Janrus
7th Apr 2017, 01:00
Hello to all of you, is this still actual? Can I travel with my licence and an airline pass?
Does it work also with the intercontinental flights? (Aerolineas FCO-EZE).