PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Main't Intervals and Duration

ImperialAero
31st Jul 2013, 16:28
Hey guys, I'm trying to find some general numbers for aircraft maintenance requirements in terms of intervals and duration, in order to get an idea of an airlines total scheduled maintenance facility requirements based on the average number of 'hanger days' per month would be required across their fleet. For example 60 Code C/ADG III hangar days per month required suggest 2 hangar spots required.

I am aware that the majority of airlines are now able to incorporate the D check requirements into their C check schedule, avoiding the need for the length D check every 10 years or so, see that indicated below. I also know that the majority of checks are based on number of hours flown and cycles, in that case I'm applying a reasonable average utilisation and stating in terms of calendar months.

Does anyone have ideas or corrections of the required intervals and duration for the A, C and D checks to add to the rough numbers I have already, particular experience of aircraft types would also be useful to know to confirm / adjust my numbers?

Code C / ADG III -
- A interval ~ 2 months, duration 12 hours incorporating B check items
- C interval ~ 18 months, duration 1 week / 10 days incorporating D check items
- D interval ~ 6 years, duration 3 weeks
Code D / ADG IV
- A interval ~ 2 months, duration 12 hours
- C interval ~ 18 months, duration 10 days / 2 weeks incorporating D check items
- D interval ~ 6 years, duration 4 weeks
Code E / ADG V
- A interval ~ 2 months, duration 24 hours
- C interval ~ 18 months, duration 2 weeks / 3 weeks incorporating D check items
- D interval ~ 6 years, duration 6 weeks
Code F / ADG VI
- A interval ~ 2 months, duration 24 hours
- C interval ~ 18 months, duration 2 weeks / 3 weeks incorporating D check items
- D interval ~ 6 years, duration 8 weeks

Thanks in advance guys