PDA

View Full Version : Flt Lt David Lord

bgobs
30th Jul 2013, 21:14
A short note to say that David Lord passed away on the 8th July. His funeral was last week.

David was a well respected Canberra pilot who served on most Canberra types including the OCU.

Bob Viking
31st Jul 2013, 01:38
Is that the same Dave Lord that worked(s) at HSTF at Valley?
BV

Darvan
31st Jul 2013, 06:57
Bgobs, can you be a little more specific and provide more information if you have it. We have just had confusion over the death of Andy Lambert as there were 2 of them in the RAF. I know of at least 2 Dave Lords.

BBadanov
31st Jul 2013, 07:19
correct Darvan, there was Dave "Loopy" Lord, a Bucc pilot - so obviously not him.

Fg Off Bloggs
31st Jul 2013, 09:14
I was in contact with Loopy only recently. He was a first tourist Bucc man and never flew Canberras! Nor did Flt Lt David 'Lummy' Lord VC DFC who died in his Dakota at Arnhem on 19 September 1944 and is buried in Oosterbeek Cemetery.

My condolences to the family of this David Lord who flew Canberras.

Bloggs

PS. With this and the Moray Firth Tornado crash thread it just shows how important and specific the detail in the title of a thread needs to be!

27mm
31st Jul 2013, 10:19
Sad to hear of Dave's passing - he was a gentleman and a fine Canberra QFI.

bgobs
31st Jul 2013, 12:34
Sorry to have caused confusion. David was a Canberra man for most of his career.

lightningmate
31st Jul 2013, 16:03
Met and worked with David during my short time with 'The Canberra Ton'. As noted above, a real Gentleman and an excellent aviator. Sad indeed to hear he has left this life.

lm

longer ron
12th Aug 2013, 09:21
I missed this at the time...have to agree Dave Lord was a real gent and all round nice guy,I was on the OCU at the same time and only saw him once more when he diverted into Brawdy in a (Boneyard ??) Canberra.
Am i recalling correctly that he was awarded the AFC ? EFATO ?