PDA

View Full Version : New Jetstar Pilot EBA ?

Flyboat North
30th Jul 2013, 06:53
Notice the wages data from the old document gives wage rates for January 2012, really almost two years ago.

Has a new document been negotiated and have the current pay rates gone up at all ?

FYSTI
30th Jul 2013, 07:47
The way these things generally work is:

Stonewall
[lengthy time period elapses]
Urgent mad rush "must sign" substandard offer with a "once only" back-pay offer + some sort of "B" scale for "others" ie not yet employed.
vote
Depending upon outcome, go to step 1, back-pay replaced with "sign-on bonus / profit share or other such scheme" roughly equivalent to back-pay or end.

These thing need to take a long time. There is nothing like two+ years of back-pay to gain leverage & advantage for the labor hire companies.

Airborne Ranger
1st Aug 2013, 22:31
Was thinking of Joining JQ but I hear they have had a pay cut recently due to no more bonusses, and that the pay rates are close to 25% less than nearest competitor.
It would seem better to join a larger Airline as an S/O and work from there long term.
I think JQ have a geographical disadvantage as Australia is a very desirable place to live and not many pilots would leave even if pay was cut more.
:{

TheColonel
5th Aug 2013, 08:44
Funny cause i heard jetstar guys telling me they get paid more then tiger... Must be pretty similar i would think...

waren9
6th Aug 2013, 00:05
stop fishing and go do some homework guys

Ramboflyer 1
16th Aug 2013, 07:07
Pay frozen , bonuses stopped indefinently.
Company 1 - unions nil.
No contest...

FireBatHero
17th Aug 2013, 06:08
How are bonuses for pilots even measured?

mcgrath50
17th Aug 2013, 09:19
[QUOTE]How are bonuses for pilots even measured?[/QUOTE

They shouldn't be given bonuses. Either you get a bonus for things like least fuel burn, quickest time which encourages swiss cheese holes to line up or you get a bonus for bringing passengers safely home which, let's face is our job so just should become a payrise.

Profit sharing, which I suppose is a sort of bonus, is a different matter and open to it's own debate.