PDA

View Full Version : GL5T SBB Upgrade

tyndalljet
30th Jul 2013, 04:47
Hi all,

Would like to find out if any of you guys have info on upgrading the Swift 64 to Satcom Broadband on a Global 5000. Things concerning costs, downtime, approved service centre, STC or SBs. Thanks cheers.

Noeyedear
30th Jul 2013, 12:45
I don't know about the upgrade, but we did an initial install of SBB in a Global Express a few months back. Took around 11 days. I guess the upgrade should be much quicker?

I think it was done under a Transport Canada STC.

Would be very happy to recommend the team at Bombardier TUS.

Cheers,

B1GGLES
30th Jul 2013, 18:47
I would recommend contacting your local Collins rep. I know Collins have the kit available for the upgrade on a 5000, and they will be able to confirm prices and availability. The major upgrade may need to be the wireless router inside. I would probably bank on US250k...

cressidom
16th Aug 2013, 17:13
Biggles,

has the figure quiet close actually. Depending what kind of SBB equipment you want to put in, STC, work hours etc. Also you'd want to know if you're getting a basic setup or one with acceleration. IF speed isn't a priority you're good to go with any of the following...

Thrane & Thrane
Colllins - Via the CES /Router or CNX router
HW - Same thing, CES/Router or CNX router
Aircell are now in the market as well.

Mind you - SBB, can be an expensive monthly if not monitored correctly. Swift 64 - is more expensive and slower.