PDA

View Full Version : DOD Procurement Runs Amok Again!

SASless
29th Jul 2013, 18:31
General Eisenhower (by that time....President Eisenhower), commander of Allied and British Troops during WWII, warned of the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex.

Over the years we have seen many examples of runaway weapon system procurements.....botched designs....failed certification processes....and the like.

We recently saw the demise of the Armored Amphibious Assault Hydroplane vehicle after Billions of Dollars invested by the US Navy and one of its Corps....the Marine Corps.

But I fear this latest effort at Combined Arms Joint Warfare may prove yet to be another wasted effort.

https://sphotos-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526333_10151462579838464_1135872033_n.jpg

Dysonsphere
29th Jul 2013, 18:43
Me thinks power to weight problems

Rosevidney1
29th Jul 2013, 19:11
Simplicate (sic) and add lightness ........

Just This Once...
29th Jul 2013, 19:14
Well at least they added some European content to that mix.

MATELO
29th Jul 2013, 19:18
Me thinks power to weight problems

and here was me thinking it was the bazookas in the engine intakes.

NutLoose
29th Jul 2013, 19:22
Naa... They're sand filters ;)

barnstormer1968
29th Jul 2013, 22:00
It's not a DoD mix up anyway, as its a Dutch machine!

GreenKnight121
30th Jul 2013, 03:49
General Eisenhower (by that time....President Eisenhower), commander of Allied and British Troops during WWII, warned of the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex.

Actually, he warned about the dangers of allowing the Military-Industrial Complex to reverse the proper relationship whereby the government is in control and the MIC obeys .

In his next sentences he then referred to how absolutely essential the MIC was for the nation's security, and that it was a "necessary evil" that had to exist in order that freedom could continue to exist.

Of course, no one is interested in the true text of his speech when the edited and changed version fits their political purposes more conveniently.

This distortion also allows people to blame only the MIC when it is the politicians in the government that have abdicated their constitutional responsibility in return for "favors" from the MIC.