PDA

View Full Version : Alicante Airport - 2 years on

Evanelpus
29th Jul 2013, 12:36
Last time I was there I encountered what can only be described as the worst airport air con system in the world. Admittedly, they had only just opened the new terminal so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I was there at about 10pm last Saturday night waiting to fly home from 2 weeks in the sun and the air con was still absolutely lamentable. I have never seen so many pink Brits wiping sweat from their faces whilst we waited for the flight to be called.

Even when it was called and we started down the jet way, we were held up inside it for about 30 minutes whilst a late aircraft change was made. If I thought it was bad in the terminal, the air con in the jet way was worse.

Mind you, credit to the crew of EZY2228 they got us back to LTN only 5 mins behind schedule. Shame the dullards at Menzies took forever and three belt restarts to get our luggage to us.

Nightstop
1st Aug 2013, 12:59
At 10pm the ALC terminal aircon was almost certainly switched off because the office staff have gone home, this is standard AENA practice because they don't have any money and there's no point in wasting it on passenger comfort. You can read the temperature & humidity on the departure Gates display signage which will prove my theory. At 9am though it'll be switched on again :ugh:. Aircon in the jetbridge is provided by a single unit near the aircraft door, totally useless if you're waiting further up the walkway.

Evanelpus
1st Aug 2013, 13:05
Temp was showing as 28 degrees with a 99% humidity!!

I hope the :mad: at AENA who came up/agreed to this gets piles.