PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre request - OPQ32 analysis

Charley
24th Feb 2001, 03:30
Hello all,

This is a bit of a strange one, a request for anybody who may have the niche knowledge required.

I recently went through an Occupational Personality Questionairre (sp?) at work. Afterwards I was invited to a feedback session where we went through the results of the test.

Since I will undoubtedly be going through more psychometric tests in my quest for a LHS I was wondering whether any airlines used the OPQ32 tests. If they do -- and anybody here knows which comparison groups they use and competencies they favour -- then I could get a rough picture of how I fit into what they are looking for. I don't have my exact scores (I wasn't allowed to take them) but I do have my 1-10 ratings and the comparison group applied to my test (Management & Professional).

Ummm, this is probably going to mean nothing to 99.5% of the people reading it. Then again, you never know, there might be a sympathetic airline recruitment bod out there....

Cheers
Charley

scroggs
27th Feb 2001, 02:51
Don't worry about it. Airlines aren't looking for clones who precisely fit their personality requirements. Such testing as is done is aimed at avoiding the risk of employing potentially unbalanced or unstable individuals. Presumably you now know whether or not you would fail those criteria, and so you can move on and concentrate on acquiring the knowledge that you do need!

AffirmBrest
27th Feb 2001, 18:41
Did a Personality Q the other day, 14mths after starting w. my current company...should have seen the look on the psych's face :)

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...