PDA

View Full Version : Virgin technician

Aircraft mech
28th Jul 2013, 20:39
Hi all. I am approaching the end of my aircraft maintenance apprenticeship and would like to go onto a bigger company such as virgin. Does anybody know a point of contact within virgin i.e production manager to get in contact with to go about an application. Would a company like virgin take on someone with only apprenticeship experience? And what is the best way about getting your foot in the door at virgin? Any advice on this please. Thanks

munster
29th Jul 2013, 00:30
Personally I'd view somebody who's willing to jump ship immediately after a company has spent several years and a lot of money training dimly.
Why not stick with your current employer for a while and build some proper experience?

grounded27
29th Jul 2013, 16:47
I am approaching the end of my aircraft maintenance apprenticeship and would like to go onto a bigger company such as virgin

Personally I would admire his desire to advance his career. Can't help but best wishes.

spannersatcx
29th Jul 2013, 16:59
Virgin have their own apprentices, so would more than likely employ them first.

vs69
29th Jul 2013, 18:24
What spanners said, plus spots are a bit thin on the ground. I'd stay put. Build up experience in familiar surroundings then bail out when you get bored / piss someone off.

Aircraft mech
29th Jul 2013, 19:35
Thanks for the advice :)

cessna24
30th Jul 2013, 09:03
I agree with the rest. Stay where you are as its familiar. Get a couple of years under your belt then you can look at being a skilled Tech.
In the mean time, my advice would be to start studying for your license. Get that completed now.....after you can sit back and enjoy the ride :-)