PDA

View Full Version : DIRECT ENTRY CAPTAINS AT SRI LANKAN

aviatorprince
27th Jul 2013, 22:32
DIRECT ENTRY CAPTAINS AT SRI LANKAN
Can anyone provide info as to whether or not Sri Lankan is hiring Direct Entry Captains at this time?
Website up to four on this ago was showing an ad for DEC on all Fleets, but ad for Captains seems to have disappeared.
Also any info on pay, terms of Contract (both commuting and based in Colombo) would be appreciated.

Intruder One
28th Jul 2013, 01:54
My recent information from them is that they’ve have had a change in some management personnel .They are currently deciding if DEC are necessary or not.Visited there once, beautiful place,might be a good gig if it ever develops.

airplanedriver
28th Jul 2013, 02:55
Have u looked at and considered Mihin? They need 320 skippers, and the money and lifestyle etc better than Sri Lankan. They need 320 capts i know

Intruder One
28th Jul 2013, 18:11
Mihin....no did not know about them.Just checked their website its says they want Sri Lankan ATPL holders only.Will send them a resume anyway just in case.Thanks for the info.

PruneIceCream
28th Jul 2013, 18:19
Airplanedriver, I believe Mihin's current policy is to only take on Direct Entry Trainee Capts, not DECs. Applicants need to hold a valid Sri Lankan ATPL, have a current P2 rating on an Airbus ac, and possess a minimum of 4,000 hrs of which 2,500 hrs must be as P1 or P2 on a glass cockpit Airbus ac. Hope that helps.

airplanedriver
29th Jul 2013, 05:26
I believe they need qualified crew, and the last time i checked, they promoted some SF/O's so it seems possible with them if ur very experienced on the bus

Intruder One
29th Jul 2013, 15:03
...and another strange thing on their website,you are to mail resume to their address.Haven't seen one in many years where you actually mail it in.

I think I will try it,if its not a fortune to get it there.

polaris79
4th Sep 2013, 05:29
Can anyone shed any light on whether Mihin is hiring FOs please?

Sue Ridgepipe
8th Sep 2013, 01:29
Euro 60,000 for the Type Rating & 300 Hours of Line Training
Euro 75,000 for the Type Rating & 500 Hours of Line Training

So they charge 15000 euros for you to do another 200 hours. The aircraft is in revenue service earning money for the airline and you already have 300 hours on type, so no training required = $0 cost to the company. Yet they want you to pay 15000 euros! For what??

It staggers me to believe that people will actually fall for this bullsh*t and actually pay when they should be getting paid.:ugh:

polaris79
8th Sep 2013, 04:46
Gents,
I beg that those who are considering such scheme to boycott such practice. This is completely ruining the industry for all pilots. The only beneficiaries are agents and the respective post holders in the airlines themselves. Its such a shame that our great industry has come to this and the already tough task of becoming a genuine pilot is being taken away!!
:(

jack s
9th Sep 2013, 03:18
polaris79 agree 100%... and these poor guys dont get a real job after that...