PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else failed to get passed BA application stage

Deemy
24th Feb 2001, 01:28
Well, I wasn't expecting it but it happened. I sent the application form and got told that BA will no longer be considering me - so basically I failed at Stage 1 http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Just wondered howmany other people fail at this stage and what could the reasons be.

Wedge
24th Feb 2001, 01:55
Comiserations. But don't be too downhearted, a lot of people fail to get to the aptitude tests. It's usually because of the answers you have to write to the questions asking about your experience. You really have to make sure it is all completely relevant and to the point.

There are a limited number of places for aptitude testing so they can't invite everyone. Have another go when you can, good luck with it.

What_does_this_button_do?
24th Feb 2001, 01:59
Deemy - we always get turned down for a job, yes it is a kick in the teeth but you WILL get the job you want by working at it.

Also suggest that before you submit an application form you write it out on paper prior to writing it out for real. Then you won't make a silly mistake like you made in the topic...

HomerSimpson
24th Feb 2001, 02:23
Hard Luck. Try again soon if BA will allow. Usually after a year has passed. There are always other airlines to try. But NEVER give up hope.

Good Luck.

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

wtpurser
24th Feb 2001, 04:38
When writting the aplication form try to think what kind of phrases and words the company wants to hear, especially the questions they ask you specifically about the company, what makes it a great company ? why do YOU want to join ? Use all the buzz words and the stuff they like to hear.

Good Luck in a years time !

tail fin
24th Feb 2001, 21:10
Deemy

Lets face it son you may just not be good enough! ;)

lone eagle
24th Feb 2001, 21:19
Tail fin, do you not think that comments like 'maybe you are not good enough' are a bit narrow minded? Well maybe Deemy is good enough and just happened to be unlucky. All us wannabes need support and motivation to succeed in this field and your comments are extremely counter productive. :mad:

Deemy, don't worry I am sure that you are good enough. Don't let anyone put you off where you are going because you will get there. Better luck next time mate. :) :)

EggBeta
24th Feb 2001, 21:53
Anyone know what is the age requirement for the BA process?

Superfly
25th Feb 2001, 01:29
Deemy,

Keep going mate, If it can make you feel better, I made it Once to the seconde stage of BA, got rejected twice on stage one. I'm applying for the last time this month ( age limits), I still think I can be a great pilot if someone gives me a chance one day ( I'm sure it will hapen). If you have what it takes ( PERSEVERENCE PERSEVERENCE PEREVERENCE) you 'll make it. Good luck to you, giving up is not an option.

Happy landings, Superfly