PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail wouldn't send. Solved!

Loose rivets
26th Jul 2013, 19:58
While on a support call to see why my Yahoo mail wouldn't send, I spotted the problem.

g-mail worked and I could even receive on Yahoo, but send, just wouldn't.

Long story short, it was Expat Shield. For some reason it's taken to turning itself on. Lots of times.

Using IE made not a jot of difference. Buy why just Send, and only on Yahoo?

ExSp33db1rd
26th Jul 2013, 20:06
????

My New Zealand ISP unfortunately got mixed up with Yahoo! a few years ago, and nothing has been the same since.

I'm currently away from home and using public library computers to read my webmail,but .... a couple of days ago I discovered that I can no longer send a copy to myself, the Yahoo! system just refuses to acknowledge my own address as a To or c.c., so I can't send a copy for my wife to pick up from another public computer, as we occasionally find necessary, I have to send it to Gmail, then open Gmail and forward it back to our regular address !

Until I get home I won't know if this problem now afflicts my own computer, or is some sort of 'filter' in the public library ? and why ??

Keef
26th Jul 2013, 23:04
This afternoon I had an e-mail from the organist at my old church, to tell me he'd been mugged in Manila and would I please send him "$2.800 US Dollars" to pay his hotel bill so that he would come home, and he'd refund me when he got back.

Strange, because he doesn't do "abroad": all his holidays tend to be on his boat trundling up and down canals. So I phoned him (at home) to check.

His BT Internet/Yahoo account had been hacked, needless to say. He'd had dozens of calls today. So I e-mailed him, all innocent-like, asking where he'd like the money sent, and got an immediate reply with the details.

I'm glad I resisted the blandishments of BT!

TOWTEAMBASE
26th Jul 2013, 23:50
My yahoo account tells me to log in to yahoo.com/UK to verify details, and the link then comes up in Chinese !!

FullOppositeRudder
27th Jul 2013, 00:25
I'm rapidly loosing patience with Yahoo! I own a couple of 'private' groups under the Yahoo! system. Recently they've reduced the management options for moderators and the mod can no longer add a prospective members email address to the list. The would be members have to initiate the process themselves (for reasons which I understand and initially supported).

This sounds simple enough until you try to put it into action with people who are not computer savvy (read 'not at all experienced in the ways of the web' - they do exist). It becomes very complex in a very short time and some people (mostly the elderly) simply can't manage it

Then there seems to be some sort of conflict between Yahoo! and Hotmail so that they initially treat each others emails as spam or junk so the message inviting a new members to 'join the group' never arrives. :confused:

I'm currently looking for a simple mailing list option without all the trimmings and cr@p which seems impossible to avoid with the new Yahoo! regime.

Rant <OFF>

FOR

ExSp33db1rd
27th Jul 2013, 18:54
When travelling, and when I can, I download my Yahoo! webmail to Windows Mail ( ex- Outlook expresss ) on a laptop, then read at leisure offline.

Initially all the mail is downloaded, then when the last message is received "someone" - Yahoo! or Windows Mail ? - starts to remove all the junk, either those that they know is Spam, or those whose names I have previously marked as Junk, so I am more or less only left with those of interest.

Yesterday I noticed an e-mail from a long past friend in the list, but then it totally disappeared, not in deleted mail, not in junk mail, not in Spam - nowhere.

Fortunately it was still on the server so I was able to read it next time I was able to go Online, but I might never have know it had been sent to that Great Rubbish Bin In The Sky.

Life was easier before computers !