PDA

View Full Version : Transjet Crew C'mon Spill The Beans!

angel100
17th Apr 2002, 22:18
hi can any one help ive been offered a job with transjet but know nothing about them does anyone have any info? they are also saying i only havee to do a 2 day conversion course from 737 to 747 can this be right????;) please help!!!!!

dreambird
18th Apr 2002, 07:34
NEVER accept their offer...

A friend of mine found himself lost in Kabul 2 months ago and at is return in Jeddah, without being paid, he tried to quit the company, but was refused to do so.

He asked his embassy for help and returned on his own expenses to his home country.

Transjet UK
18th Apr 2002, 08:11
Angel 100

It seems our other friend is somewhat bitter, possibly has not been asked back, Transjet did not strand anyone from the HAJ all were returned to there main base on completion.

It is comments like this that does not give airlines a chance, you have the telephone number if you have a problem call us or you can email us

Manager Uk
Transjet

Xenia
18th Apr 2002, 13:54
Manager Uk, eh????
Well, first post, just registered http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thinkerg.gif checked your IP address. I suppose you already know what I found out
.... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif Certainly a strange place for the UK manager to be posting from on a thursday morning at 10:11 GMT :D :D :D

gulf-crew
19th Apr 2002, 16:54
Trabsjet UK

Are you looking for people for the 747 if so what bases have you got and what is the package like. Are you looking for IC crew members.????????????

password
23rd Apr 2002, 23:48
That's one way of persuading people not to waste their time replying to posts Xenia, well done.

Transjet UK sounds genuine, could be a smokescreen I know.

taba
24th Apr 2002, 16:43
i spoke to A. A. last year and she took my number...i have since sent my details but...NOTHING!!!!:(

Edited by Bad Cop Xenia... sorry, no names allowed :p

AngleAndAttack
24th Apr 2002, 21:38
Xenia,

You ARE a Dragon! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/din1c.gif

Xenia
24th Apr 2002, 22:11
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/winky.gif

geordie crawley
29th Apr 2002, 16:57
I would be majorly grateful if any of the Transjet crew could fill me in on:

1) Types of aircraft Transjet fly?

2) Basic Salary and what the allowances are made up of?

3) Destinations they are flying to from LGW and MAN, and any good trips?

4) Info on interview and how long is the training course?

Much appreciated

Regards

;)

lynsey
29th Apr 2002, 21:57
Hi i went to the int in man it sounded ok, just is supose a normal charter airline. I did not take the job as was goin to be xpensive to move, have you had int? :rolleyes:

geordie crawley
29th Apr 2002, 22:21
Thanx Lynsey

I know what you mean, it's an expesive day out and I don't think the salary is that good... You're not ex Air 2000 by any chance are you?

flymeboy
30th Apr 2002, 07:15
Hello!!! :)

I keep hearing about transjet but I cant find any information about them!!! Do they have a web site or where can I get any info - or am I just :confused: !!!!!!!

geordie crawley
30th Apr 2002, 17:52
Just to let you know transjet do have a website although it doesn't really give that much away, if you go into yahoo or google (one of the main search engines) and type 'transjet airways' it will come up with their newly under construction site. Gives nowt away though! :confused: :mad: Come on someone must know more!!!

geordie crawley
2nd May 2002, 15:49
Have heard on good authority that Transjet are interviewing for immediate start at LGW. Have heard they are also opening up at MAN, does anyone know what type of routes they have got? Are you type rated to fly long and short? Salary? What the interview entails? Can they be anything like the EAL set up? :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p ;) :confused:

World Traveller
2nd May 2002, 18:39
Just putting my spotters hat on.....Transjet started flying last summer with a couple of MD-80s - I think this has been expanded to 6 or 7 MD-83s for this summer. They also have a couple of old 747-200s. Only heard of the 83's in the UK, they seem to have a fair size UK summer operation. Appears to be run of the mill charter flying and ad-hoc charters.

WT
<just a punter>

gulf-crew
7th May 2002, 19:22
Transjet

Hi guys Transjet is a small and very friendly company. We are dual rated on the MD and 747 and have loads of work for the summer. Everything is a challenge dont you agree. Bases are MAN, LGW and Stansted. All the crews are very friendly and are a great laugh.

Money is good basic 13000 psr and 10000 jnr flight pay is £20 per day and £10 per nightstop plus 8% bar com.

Hope this helps you all out if you want any further info send me a email.

GF:cool: :cool: :cool:
:) :)

BIG DICK
7th May 2002, 21:52
Heard Transjet had changed its name to Mickey Mouse Airways!! Never Heard of them paying any wages on time let alone the wages being that amount. As for a two day conversion training course, never heard or such a thing, don't even think the CAA would allow it.

Any other info on Transjet from anyone?

gulf-crew
8th May 2002, 17:56
BD

sorry BD but you cant speak dont you work for that awful company down at bournemouth what about the slagging of they got. Tell you what!! It is a great company here at Trans nice crews great flights so dont try slagging it of. At least we ain't got a cruella here!!!!!!

So why dont you keep your stupid little comments to yourself couldnt you think of a better name or are you just insecure??????

Get a life join a real company

GC:p :p :p :p

Xenia
8th May 2002, 19:32
Last warning ... play the ball, not the player!

BIG DICK
9th May 2002, 01:24
Slagging off we got eh? well what goes around comes around. Honestly, if you like transjet then thats ok, I haven't worked for them so I can't make too much of an assumption...... but like I asked earlier

"Never Heard of them paying any wages on time let alone the wages being that amount. As for a two day conversion training course, never heard or such a thing, don't even think the CAA would allow it."

Any comments?

European has been good to me me so far. as BA said,

"So far, So Good"

if Transjet are good for you, then thats good for me, I was just going by what people told me. But then you know how rumour's start........

Regards,

BD

gulf-crew
9th May 2002, 11:27
sorry xenia but BD did ask for it.

As for the Question BD if a two day conversion isn't allowed under JAR Ops then dont you think something would have been done about it by now???? Something for you to think about

GC

Denzil
10th May 2002, 23:40
Could I be correct in saying that the man behind Transjet is the same guy who was behind Air Ops in the late 1990's with the L1011's????

UpperDee
13th May 2002, 21:09
Yes,
TransJet is owned by the same guy that owned Air Ops....that should be enough to put anyone off!!

UpperDee

taffieboy
21st May 2002, 14:12
Hi well I joined TJ 3 weeks ago along with 17 other crew from EAL
dual rated on 747 and md 83
Trips are v good indeed and money also I have received my wages and pay so god knows where BD assumes that one from !!!
I assume he was not given a job with TJ but then the crew are v friendly etc so thats why he would not get in I am sure.
I have been away a lot with them and the hotels etc we stay in are always 5 *
The management are v v v good indeed let me tell you, you can call them with anything you need to and no probs there.
As for 2 day conv course yes it is legal as they only take exp crew that are still in check so maybe BD should get to grips with CAA laws etc before spouting LUV !!!!
They will go far I think and have lots planned for both summer and winter.
As for Cruella I know her v well and feel she should not be ripped apart like that but this is the UK and freedom of speech is allowed.
Any queries mail me.

poppie29
21st May 2002, 21:10
Hi guys I am working for Transjet to and must say they are fab, did anyone ever work on Transaer ??
V similar bit of operation, nice relaxed no regiment kinds etc as really not needed at work are they anyway !!
So yes v good all round I have been flying for 8 years and can say I enjoy Transjet.

geordie crawley
23rd May 2002, 21:14
Could any of the TransJet crew inform me of who to contact with regards to cabin crew recruitment. A telephone no. would be much appreciated.

Regards

FCNK
28th May 2002, 21:10
guys an aircraft conversion course can be as short as one day, believe me, i've just done one - last sunday with BA. 60 mins in the class room talking about doors, crew positions and general a/c specs then its out to the aircraft for door training and pilot incapacitation and a/c familiarisation we then went back to the class room, a few video's, question and answer session then the final exam.

rupetime
29th May 2002, 12:48
so when will TJ be fully up and running - one aircraft stuck in CFU
last week, one aircraft late out of the hanger, hardly the tour operators favourite.

redfield
2nd Jun 2002, 19:53
I'm not a cabin crew but hopefully my opinion still counts! Geordie Crawley: my advice is don't work for Transjet. From my background of operations and despatch, they are a somewhat disorganised and comical outfit: pilots who have to have an interpreter on the jumpseat as they don't speak enough English, a/c landing in airports where they don't have fuel credit, flight plans and performance figures always late etc etc. Suggest you apply for an airline with, quite honestly, a better reputation. TJ sent a telex to their handling agents today in which they quoted "we are not the handling agents favourite airline at the moment." Never a truer word.....:mad:

Iron City
5th Jun 2002, 13:14
Check thread "Catalogue of Errors" on "Rumors and News" forum.

Edited for english

MR WIBBLE
7th Jun 2002, 23:55
Hello Boys and Girls and fellow citizens of Wibble,

Transjet - a sign of the good airline eh?

CLICK HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55056)