PDA

View Full Version : EASA Part M

jxk
24th Jul 2013, 17:03
Can anyone explain why and the rationale behind why the CAA/EASA need maintenance organisations to list all the types of aircraft that they might potentially work on? Why can't they limit their scope by a statement such as <2750 kgs and reference material to be acquired as required when a type is to be inspected and maintained? As I understand it, if a MO wants to add a type to their exposition they have to pay an extra fee to the CAA, is this just not another source of revenue for them?

NutLoose
24th Jul 2013, 22:58
You can, well I did...

It's basically based on your licence coverage

Such as All Cessna singles below 2730 KG

All Piper twins and singles below 2730 KG

Etc,

It's a surveyor thing, some companies listed everything under the sun, but its not needed, one company even listed Cirrus Twins which were excepted onto their approval..... Fine but Cirrusdidnt or don't do a twin yet, you might as well put down Hand Solos Millenuim Falcon..
I argued that if the Part M is based on my licence coverage which it is, it should relate to the groups I hold, luckily he agreed

If your having difficulty point out companies that have done it that way
See

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1204/20130530AandAPartMSubpartGARCPrivilegeApprovedOrgsList.pdf

A lot have put down Siai Machetti series, there are only about 3 in the UK that are not on permit and I would put money on few of those companies listing them having the manuals, having seen one or even worked on them.. they simply have that the manuals will be sourced etc before work commences, though you may have to fight your corner..

As for fundraising ..yup. Same as the withdrawal of the fitness for flight for air testing, removed from us when we went over to Part M, then handed back for a huge fee, as in over a grand.

bgureltr
25th Jul 2013, 13:11
Hi there,

I have tried to contact to CAA and EASA for more than a week ,but nobody picked up the phone or replied my e-mails.

I got my FAA A&P licences with no ratings and came back to Turkey for job interview at TK. And they said that they don't accept FAA licences but only EASA B1/B2.

So, I guess I need to take Part 66 modules exam + OJT required.

My question is that if I may take any of those modules exam in UK without having a basic licence or I do need to apply for basic licence first?

How is it possible to get those for a person who is not a citizen or permanent resident either ?