PDA

View Full Version : Skyaero Limited

ElAl
24th Jul 2013, 14:55
Anybody knows those guys?

Thanks

Service-x
1st Aug 2013, 17:26
Do you mean this one? Sky Aero Limited (http://www.skyaerolimited.com)

:suspect:

Flexable
2nd Aug 2013, 15:35
Read carefully (from the website link in post above)

fraud alert :uhoh:

We have recently been inundated with emails, seeking confirmation of business propositions made to individuals within and outside Nigeria by some people claiming to work for, or to be affiliated with the Skyaero Limited. These emails often offer the recipients "jobs" which involve the use of the recipients' bank accounts for the payment of money owed to the Skyaero Limited by its customers. These emails promise to permit the recipient to deduct a percentage of such payments as commission. In order to be "employed", the authors of these emails usually request that the recipients send them personal information such as the recipients' names, addresses, bank details etc.

Another specie of these emails solicit the help of the recipients in transferring huge sums of money in foreign currency, which the authors of the emails claim are entitlements from Skyaero Limited for some dead relations, or are monies accruing from excess crude oil sales, or have been forgotten in some dormant account. Sometimes, these emails also propose to award huge value contracts to the recipients of such emails. The authors of such emails often request details of recipients' bank accounts, to enable them transfer the said monies, usually with promises of some percentage.

We have also recently been informed that certain emails received by members of the public, and advertisements posted on some job websites, have promised job seekers positions in the Skyaero Limited. These emails and websites promise that upon payment of a fee and the receipt of the recipients' curriculum vitae, the recipients are assured jobs within the Skyaero Limited. Skyaero Limited recruitment is being done by our recruitment team and we do not make use of free email server such as yahoo.

We dissociate ourselves entirely from any of the emails and websites described above. We believe they are part of an attempt to perpetrate Advance Fee Fraud (popularly known as "419") on unsuspecting members of the public. Neither Skyaero Limited nor any of its subsidiaries have at any time required or requested the use of bank accounts of individuals or members of the public for the purpose of lodging money owed to Skyaero Limited or any of its subsidiaries by customers. In the event that you receive any of the emails described above, we advise that you do the following:

i. Do not respond to such unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people you are unfamiliar with.

ii. Do not disclose your personal/financial details to anyone you do not know.

pilotchute
3rd Aug 2013, 07:43
I sent in a dud CV as a tester and they called me and said I had been hired. They then asked me to contact an agent. The agent was a travel agency called glolink travel or something like that. There are numerous hits on google about scams using this business name to sucker money from people. They wanted $400 USD from me to "process my visa".

If you cant see its a scam you shouldn't be using the net.

guerreiro.v
7th Aug 2013, 11:49
I've been called because I am shortlisted and I'll be earnning 4000USD a month, hurray!! Oh wait, wouldn't that cover 400USD :rolleyes:?!

anroma31
10th Aug 2013, 12:34
I received today an employment letter and hiring proposal. They want me to contact an agency that should help me in processing my documents and Visa. I've not done anythng yet. Do You confirm they want 400 $ and that it smells like a fraud?

Very strange a company sending you a job proposal without verifying licence, medical, ratings, not specifying which kind of aircraft you should be hired on, details about initial training etc.

Don't you think?

pilotchute
10th Aug 2013, 15:33
Mods,

Can you merge this thread with the one in the Africa forum? Same scam.

Van-Driver
11th Aug 2013, 08:01
Funny thing is the contract/ appointment letter sent to me is on some one else's name and for post of helicopter pilot, where as I don't have single hour on helicopter :}. HR manager forgot to change the name and job profile while sending it :E or they want me to fly on some one else's name :D

BCMG CAVOK
11th Aug 2013, 10:51
I'm affraid I received same **** offer, no information about type of aircraft/type of operation, nobody picking up the phone.... mmmmmmm :hmm: