PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DGCA incident report.

Av1
24th Jul 2013, 07:37
G'day guys,

A friend of mine was telling me about a runway excursion incident that he was involved in as a passenger, when he flew with Indigo airlines from Gujrat to Delhi back in early 2010. Apparently the aircraft was low on fuel (the captain passed this on to the pax before landing) and visibility was poor due to fog being present at the time. The a/c made a "normal" touchdown according to him but it partially ended up on the turf before coming to a complete stop. Tow trucks were involved and thats about all of the information I could get from him :confused:
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me find a dgca incident report for this incident. I understand the info is quite vague and probably not enough, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
I did an amateurish search for the report but didn't come up with much as I am unware of the best place to look it up. Any help is appreciated!

rirahom
24th Jul 2013, 13:03
You could go to the DGCA website dgca.gov.in and under 'Aircraft' access the 'Accident/Incident - Summary/reports'.

Of course, you'd need to have full and accurate information of the incident to be able to locate the relevant report.

Hope it works for you..!!

Av1
24th Jul 2013, 14:04
I did have a browse through that part of their website but I couldn't find anything identical to what was described. The list for those incident reports isn't extensive either (unsure if those are all of the incidents in recent times or whether there are a few reports not listed). Thanks for the lead though!

I am thinking a runway excursion like the one described must have a report produced by the dgca, it might just be a matter of digging deep. Happy to hear from others who might know more!

tolip111111
24th Jul 2013, 16:53
the best bet would be probably to get in touch with an indigo employee or ex-employee (based out of delhi). He would be able to provide with some info..

rsoman
27th Jul 2013, 07:20
DGCA is rather unreliable and selective in putting up reports in their website unlike NTSB or AAIB. I remember taking a Mumbai Kochi flight in 2011 and seeing one aircraft off the runway at Mumbai (TK) and another one off the runway at COK (GF). Both the incidents took place within 5 days of each other. GF report was available on the DGCA website as soon as the investigation was complete , but not the TK one (are they still investigating this?). And the GF incident is filed under accidents although there was no loss of life involved and only 7 minor injuries are listed.

You can also wait for the "civil aviation accident summary" for 2010 and hopefully the incident you talk about may get included. Again when they are going to put up 2010 is anybody's guess . 2009 was uploaded quite a while back and keep in mind these summaries are not comprehensive. The Air Deccan almost brand new ATR 72 which had a heavy landing (the aircraft was so badly damaged it was sold for scrap) is not listed in the 2006 report available on the website (the summary includes a table which state that DN did not have an accident!) while the 9W ATR heavy landing the next year was listed.

Your best bet is to try your luck in DGCA itself. What you are looking for will be there investigated and filed somewhere.