PDA

View Full Version : Work as a licensed flight dispatcher in SAS or Norwegian Air Shuttle

Hartsfield-Jackson
23rd Jul 2013, 18:18
Hey guys,

I've recently got my FAA letter of aeronautical competency as a flight dispatcher at Sheffield School Of Aeronautics in FL. Until 23 I can work as an assistant flight dispatcher, Im applying everyday to every single position that comes out. Since I have the dual citizenship , Italian / Swedish , I'd really love to work and move to Sweden and work until turning 23 for SAS or Norwegian as an assistant dispatcher. I've already applied to them as a general application , because there weren't any dispatch position. Does anyone know if they hire people within EU (non swedish native) and dual citizenship? And if they hire from outside the company? So far the only thing I know is that the academy for scandinavian dispatchers is in Danmark. But Im already licensed, probably if I find a job I'll have to convert from FAA to Swedish license. If it is difficult to start from those majors, to which airline should I apply ? I have already applied to some small companies in both norway and sweden , which have mostly turboprop and short-haul flights.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated :O

Inspecthergadget
5th Aug 2013, 14:55
You could try Aviolinx.com
They're an AOCC & support a number of Airlines throughout the world.
Base is downtown Stockholm.
Great bunch of people but do note that a licence means diddly squat where the job does not say FAA Dispatcher licence required.
Experience is often preferred.
You might be better looking towards Germany, Austria & Middle East if you really want to make use of the licence. But the germans & austrians will insist on you speaking their lingo.
Good luck