PDA

View Full Version : Global Express TRE UK

Baywatcher
23rd Jul 2013, 11:03
Anyone know a Global TRI in UK? I have completed the CAE course and require the 3 circuits for the license endorsement. With thanks

Baywatcher
23rd Jul 2013, 13:05
Thanks for that, have corrected the post.

ediks
23rd Jul 2013, 16:43
Is there anywhere in the USA where it is possible to do the circuits as well?
How much is it likely to cost?
Could anybody please PM me with details?
Thanks in advance!

cldrvr
24th Jul 2013, 14:16
you will find it extremely difficult to get a company to lend you their
aircraft for this training.

Many will not be insured to provide training for external people. Those that are willing to part with their aircraft to let someone with no experience on the actual aircraft trash out a few landings will charge over the odds.

If you had a 50 million dollar toy, would you "lend" it to some inexperienced pilot that wanders in of the street?

24th Jul 2013, 15:09
Just wondering. Some people are asking about TRI/TRE but the replies are talking about aircraft. Is a TRI/TRE a new type of aircraft? A 50 million dollar one that is? :E

ediks
24th Jul 2013, 17:30
cldrvr, with my skills or lack of, I'm not sure I'd let me near an airplane that cost even a fraction of the cost of a Global! :E
Your questions are totally relevant and I had asked them of myself too but unfortunately circumstances have led me to the point where I needed to find out if it is possible to do the circuits on my own.
Things don't always work out as planned, a good example would be a customer paying for the pilots training and no longer being able to take delivery of the airplane.

cldrvr
24th Jul 2013, 18:11
a good example would be a customer paying for the pilots training and no
longer being able to take delivery of the airplane

Then you are SOL really unless you have a spare 10-15k and can find an airplane to complete your landings on.

You have 6 months to get them in before you have to start all over again, try to find another position somewhere else with the hope that they can give you your landings.

A BD typerating is not something to get on a whim and a prayer, it is way too expensive, however in your case, if you are using that example as personal experience, you may get lucky with another operator.

Good luck.

I will stand aside now to see if anyone here can talk his boss into letting these guys use his toy for training.

ediks
24th Jul 2013, 18:35
I had to look up SOL, that put a smile on my face :)
Luckily I did not pay for my type rating and even if I had 15 big ones to spare I wouldn't pay for the landings as who would take a pilot with a type rating but no time on type??
If it doesn't happen c'est la vie, as wonderful as the global with the global vision cockpit is, I'll find something else to fly.
It may not be as nice but regardless of what machine I'm in, I will give thanks for being blessed to be able to do what we do.
Other opportunities will come along, sometimes as one door closes, another opens!

Baywatcher
27th Jul 2013, 05:51
Anyone know how many landings required by CAA for endorsement or department number to ring to find out?

tommoutrie
27th Jul 2013, 09:57
If you already hold a similar type, 4, otherwise 6. Good luck getting a reply from the CAA - rare to get an answer other than "look it up" nowadays.
It's in CAP804, FCL740.A. I sent an email stating that I would be doing 4 on the basis that I'd flown a similar type and if there was any reason why I shouldn't they should write to me. An assumptive close..

tommoutrie
27th Jul 2013, 10:00
By the way, I used a German chap, michael gamboek, who is accepted by the CAA and was very helpful and flexible on timing etc. Properly nice chap.

Baywatcher
27th Jul 2013, 10:24
Tommoutrie

Thanks for your reply and out of interest which email address did you use to send them details of what you proposed doing?

tommoutrie
27th Jul 2013, 11:16
It was [email protected] and there was an automated "we will look at this" response from [email protected]

Good luck chap, pm if you need anything

Tom

Baywatcher
27th Jul 2013, 11:32
Have sent you a mail message