PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Cleaning Services?

denhamjosh18
14th Jul 2013, 14:29
Hey guys,

couldn't really find a proper place for this so i hope as many aircraft owners as possible will see it!

I think I may have found a gap in the market, as I can't really find many UK based companies that offer such a service. So my question to all the G.A pilots and plane owners in the UK is, would you be interested in a service like this?

Cheers guys!:ok:

Pilot.Lyons
14th Jul 2013, 14:33
I own a url if you are interested in buying it?

Aerovalet.co.uk

I was going to start it up but never got round to it

TOWTEAMBASE
14th Jul 2013, 18:19
Derichebourg..........Mitie..........ISS........need I go on

denhamjosh18
14th Jul 2013, 19:16
Cheers for the offer Pilot.Lyons, but i'll have to pass at the moment!

and as far as I can tell, none of these companies offer the same level of service that i propose...

Burnie5204
14th Jul 2013, 22:37
What more can you offer over and above Aircraft External cleaning, Internal cleaning and engine washes??

LASJayhawk
15th Jul 2013, 02:10
Josh, I think it's going to be more dependent on where you are at than what level of service you offer.

But I will say it seems to be easier to find someone to detail a Gulfstream than a King Air in the USA. Anything smaller than a C90 and nobody wants to touch it.

1970s Spotter
15th Jul 2013, 12:24
I had the very same idea (I think) in the late 70s.

I was about 19 years old and wondered if such a service could be of any use to a/c owners based at my local GA aifield which at the time was Biggin Hill. I did a lot of knocking on doors of all the numerous flying clubs and hangar owners (easy to do in those days with no strict security at BGN) and received mixed responses. Many at the time were receiving a similar service fro Eagle Aircraft Services. I even wrote to Cessna, Piper and the like to find out their recommendations for cleaning - any 'no touch' areas, which cleaner/'soap' types to avoid etc etc. In the end I decided that little old me on my own with a mop and bucket was not going to work (I could not even drive at the time, though I had a bike . . .).

I imagine your ideas has legs, but I doubt that you could be a one man operation and I guess insurance would be very costly.

chevvron
15th Jul 2013, 14:43
There's a chap at Fairoaks does any size aircraft up to PC12/Kingair, and there's a company at Oxford does similar, so it's not an uncommon type of operation.