PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet Salaries for F/O's

Radeonus
13th Jul 2013, 14:25
Hi,

I've recently been at the Academy for the assesment. Everything fine, just the sim to go. During the interview I was asked which base I have chosen and what kind of contract I would like to get.
I said I was there for an assesment and at the moment I know nothing about my future job (in case i get it) so I have no ideea...

I asked about the salary and they showed me a A3 piece of paper with a million figures on it and after about 5 seconds I asked for a copy and they said it is confidential :))

Here is my stats: 4000Hrs total, 1700 A320F/O, 1700 turboprop F/o and CPT plus some 600 military A/C. I applied directly on the EasyJet website for a A320 typerated F/O job.

So would you guys be so kind to help me with a few questions?

1. Can anyone give me examples of the income/month, AFTER tax and in Euro? I understand it varies from base to base but I really need to know what to expect. I'll have to move my family on the other side of Europe and I'll do that for a better life only :)
2. Is there any chance I can get a SFO contract? It looks like there is quite a difference between a SFO ond FO regarding the salary...
3. Do I get medical insurance, loss of licence insurance?
4. Anyting you might consider important so I can understand my future life as an EasyJet pilot at least in terms of income.....

Thank you very much!

JB007
13th Jul 2013, 15:21
So...what exactly did you take away from this assessment in terms of whether you want/can actually accept the job?!?

All very odd! Sorry, can't answer your questions but hope you get to keep living in Vienna - cool place!

Radeonus
13th Jul 2013, 15:55
That is exactly why I started this topic! I thought the purpose of the assesment was to determine if I am the right person for the job...

It was odd they asked me about the base I have chosen. It was odd hey also asked about when can I start... since the jobs were advertised as SUMMER 2014.

Since they asked serious questions and I was unable to answer I thought I should do some research just in case I'll face the same questions after the sim.

I still have the option of emailing them but if the data was confidential two weeks ago and they wouldn't give me a copy, I'll get the same answer... via email.

Anyway if my post is in the wrong area or if it is aginst the forum rules please feel free to delete it.

Bubair
13th Jul 2013, 21:57
Hello Radeonus,

same situation here, having a good paying job, but with no career.

Some info about the actual take home pay for FO's and SFO's in the different local contracts would very appreciated....I can't afford to join on a temporary deal with no minimum hours guaranteed unfortunately....

ReallyAnnoyed
14th Jul 2013, 02:09
I can give you approximate take home pay for the different European bases and UK, but it won't make any sense, for no one knows which contract you are offered. So, although you started the thread, you probably know more than most which contract they will offer. It was much easier when everyone just got the standard contracts here.

fa2fi
14th Jul 2013, 04:45
So are you offered the base of your choice anywhere on the network? Or are they asking you to pick your preference out of a selection of available bases?

Radeonus
14th Jul 2013, 07:51
All bases were available. I'm not sure about the Swiss ones though.....

Again IF I'm offered a job.... I'll take a PERMANENT contract only.

WhyByFlier
14th Jul 2013, 08:06
All contracts are very accurately described on Pilot Jobs Network - Recruitment news for airline pilots (http://www.ppjn.com) - look on there.

With the strongest recommendation I advise your first priority to be to take the contract that puts you closest to home.

Saturno
14th Jul 2013, 10:35
All base are available, this is what they told me, and contract as they said will be FO contract not SFO.

Coupled_To_Me
14th Jul 2013, 11:26
What's the formula for calculating a factored easy hour?

transitionlevel
14th Jul 2013, 13:32
Out of interest, which uk bases generally have a long wait list and which are currently available without delay?

flyingcamel
14th Jul 2013, 18:22
With that in mind, how desirable is Luton? (Stop laughing at the back!)

Being a Midlander, that would be closest to home.

fa2fi
14th Jul 2013, 20:43
Yes it would seem unfair if direct entry people are getting sought after regional bases ahead of those already flying eJ aircraft. But who knows!

LorenzoH
14th Jul 2013, 22:44
I can tell you already that not all bases are available at the moment. There are people with permanent contracts starting in December this year in MXP and many of the flexi guys who are now offered a permanent contract are still waiting for a start date in the base. MXP/FCO/NCE/TLS/LYS are bases that are not available at the moment. It might include CDG/ORLY/SXF as well, but not sure about those.

Most bases in the UK are available, but the smaller bases are harder to get into.
And being offered a permanent contract straight away.....you must be having a laugh!
There are FO's who have been with ezy for 2,5 years and are still on CTC/Parc contracts and I personally know one person that didn't get through the interview for the NEC. The NEC will get you a 75% part-time contract with the ability to bid for 90% salary on fixed 5354 roster, or 100% salary which will get you on a 12 month FRV roster.

The salary as a FO vary quite a lot in the network and depends on base/rank/contract etc. In Italy for instance we have an additional rank (Second Officer) which we don't have in any of the other bases. And (on the old contracts) you became SFO with 1500hrs in France and Germany, 2000hrs in UK and 2500hrs in Italy so lots of variety going on. Now we also have the flexi contracts and NEC's so giving you figures withh regards to salary wouldn't make much sense. But for your info in MXP a SO would take home about €4200, FO €4800 and SFO about €5400. This is based on fulltime "old" Italian contract, after tax but remember that in MXP we generally fly about 54 sectors a month (I have 58 in July).....
On a permanent UK contract SFO used to take home about £3400 I think, maybe someone else can confirm that?

Saturno
15th Jul 2013, 07:21
@ LorenzoH

maybe you are just arrived in aviation, if 23 is your age, I can tell you that everything is possible, permanent contract from the first day will be available for the direct entry with EZY FO depending on the base chosen, and believe me, above everything they do what they need, trying to be polite with the old guys already in the company.
And the same for base, you will see that someone will arrive in the base you mentioned unavailable.

That's aviations :)

LorenzoH
15th Jul 2013, 10:03
@Saturno

I know everything is possible (especially with ezy) since I've been with them for nearly three years and yes age 23 is correct ;)

It's rather strange though that people are being send to bases that I thought were unavailable. Simply because new entrants should start on NEC according to written offers by ezy, and for all those bases there are waiting lists with loads of FO's on it, so seems unfair that DEP get those bases ahead of the people already on a list....but as you mentioned nothing is impossible I guess.

I personally was offered a transfer to SXF in September, two weeks after the offer someone changed his mind and I received an email along with about 8 other FO's that all transfers to SXF were cancelled again....

But back on topic, the question was how much FO's take home not what contract or base they get. So maybe someone else from another base can share their knowledge with us?:ok:

flap15
15th Jul 2013, 11:55
Flying camel. I have been based LTN, EMA, LGW and back to LTN and while EMA was the best LTN is a good compromise between a varied route structure and being small enough to get to know people. It does have the added bonus that if you need to resolve an issue you can walk upstairs and see someone. Just watch out for a long commute, it's not sustainable long term.
Good luck

Saturno
15th Jul 2013, 18:14
You might want to watch that arrogance

I really hope you are right, for me doesn't change anything one or another base, I'm only saying that in 10 years of airlines I was expecting a lot, also from flag carrier, and I been disappointed more than one time, maybe EZY is really correct with everybody, hope so.

Probably as you said, by the summer 2014 more bases will be available.

Regards.

bus-driver
17th Jul 2013, 14:51
Hi guys,

Been in Luton couple of weeks ago, passed everything and now waiting for their offer:) Can anyone confirm that the figures from http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/easyJet_(UK_Contract) (pjn) are correct figures, and whether they are after tax or before:rolleyes:
Any other information will be highly appreciated:)

HPbleed
18th Jul 2013, 00:37
You think an easyJet Captain is on £90'000 AFTER tax? That would be a basic of £150'000+.

It's before tax of course.:ugh:

SO/NEC SO: 1250 factored hrs required to be eligible for permanent contract (will be NEC contract as above) although perm. contracts on the continent may be offered with lower eligibility criteria dependent on requirements. (Recent TR/NON-TR recruitment may possibly involve pilots coming straight onto permanent contracts as opposed to flexicrew - this being the case, permanent contract will be 90% basic for first 6 months during 'probation' of the pay scale relevant to previous experience and factored hours)

Is correct as well. Make sure you understand the implications.

transitionlevel
18th Jul 2013, 09:14
Bus driver, have you also done a sim check already?

bus-driver
18th Jul 2013, 09:43
Yeap TL, done it couple of days after in Burgess Hill:O

Radeonus
19th Jul 2013, 15:05
Just to clarify things a little bit....

I was told I can choose any base. I understand people are waiting for transfers for years but this what they told me ....

I was asked about the contract and I said PEMANENT only.

I did not ask about the first assignment (FO or SFO) It looks like 100% FO but I was counting on you guys to tell me if there is any chance to get a SFO job (if my experience is high enough and if company regulation permits).

So all I need to know is how much should I expect to earn as a FO on a permanent contract. Or make it whatewer you think I shall be as a rookie employee on a permanent contract :)

EURO/month after tax...

OPEN DES
20th Jul 2013, 14:52
Minimum 5000 eur/month net if on Euro contract.

Denti
20th Jul 2013, 15:14
That would mean at least 10.000€ gross for a German contract. Very nice salary if true.

99jolegg
20th Jul 2013, 16:07
Lorenzo,

"The NEC will get you a 75% part-time contract with the ability to bid for 90% salary on fixed 5354 roster, or 100% salary which will get you on a 12 month FRV roster."

...is not true. It's 75% or 100% FRV only until you reach 2 years service on permanent employment, then it's 5354 SFO.

ReallyAnnoyed
20th Jul 2013, 16:31
Denti, Lohn- und Einkommensteuerberechnung (http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?wagetax.htm) would disagree with you. As you qualify for the 16,4 % Schichtzulage (tax free element due to working nights and holidays), a gross pay of around 8,300 €/month should give you around 5,000 € net.

I have no idea what an FO contract in Germany would pay as none exist so far. Only for SFO. On that you will gross around 100 k/year.

OPEN DES
20th Jul 2013, 17:03
French FO is 5k+ SFO closer to 6k.
Italy very similar. Spain was similar too.

Dct_Mopas
20th Jul 2013, 17:51
From the top of my head basic salary as 75% uk based FO is about £33,000. This would be the initial offer unless 100% is available straight away (probably only in LGW. You join a waitlist for the full time contract in your current base.

Sector pay will add another £7000 per year or so.

SFO is achieved 2 years and 2000 factored easyjet hours from the commencement of the FO payscale.

Coupled_To_Me
20th Jul 2013, 19:16
Has there been clarification as to whether it's cash up front for the cost of the type rating and no bond or is there some other funding scheme?

Denti
22nd Jul 2013, 03:38
I would be extremely cautious with mentioning a Schichtzulage, those have been ruled illegal by the highest german tax court quite a few years ago. If your airline still uses it better be quiet, otherwise it can blow up quite wide and cost both employees and company a lot of money. Besides, everything over 15% means that around half the work done by the employees is done at night or during weekends / holidays which is what airlines flying longhaul do, however in the case of easyjet i somehow doubt it.

ReallyAnnoyed
22nd Jul 2013, 17:08
Every single employee files a tax return and the Finanzamt has no complaints, so I somewhat doubt your prophecies of doom, Denti.

bus-driver
23rd Jul 2013, 07:55
So in this case as a senior fo you will hardly get 3000pounds after tax?:rolleyes:

EpsilonVaz
23rd Jul 2013, 09:25
UK SFO is around £3.7k after tax.

VinRouge
23rd Jul 2013, 11:14
Do those salaries include Sector pay and the like?

DO easy work any 70% contracts to work hard over the summer months and chill out over winter?

Mil pilot, 4,000 tt, 1500 Captain on Heavy Multijet, 3500 total multi time (2000 on 4 jet, 1000 on multi-prop).

Out in the near future and interested in what the comparables are.

Any accelerated Captaincy for experienced ex mil guys, or at least how long to SFO?

More than happy to be bonded after completing my 16, a few years to repay TR is no drama!

For comparison btw, Senior captain in the mil with training responsibilities is on less than an easy SFO.

SCINHead
23rd Jul 2013, 20:23
Careful VR - you may not be helping with pay negotiations making those kind of statements! - You're selling yourself cheap!

I reckon Flt Lt level 9 + Enhanced rate = £62k , plus the pension package and allowances on top. (The total of which I haven't the time to add up, but is a good few bob).

If pjn is to be believed, SFO is 55k + (at a guess) 120 days of (on average) 3 sectors = £61k minus pension minus HTD - etc,etc.

Thus if eJ are picking up on this they are expecting Mil guys to step into the RHS on a pay-cut; a couple of steps up the eJ pay increments may make it an easier decision to work there over any other potential offer!! ;) :E (oh and not having to do AirFP!)

FWIW - I think there's more to it than the money (as it gets a bit like lies, damn lies and statistics), but hopefully a life in Orange could be a bit more enjoyable and provide a bit more work/life balance than where I am now!

Fingers crossed and good luck to all!

VinRouge
24th Jul 2013, 21:27
Once you throw in the service pension, I reckon a 70% contract would do me! I wouldn't consider selling ones-self short, more trying to get some semblance of a life back!

kriskross
24th Jul 2013, 22:45
And you want to go to easyJet!!!!

bus-driver
25th Jul 2013, 18:57
What are SFOs getting in Berlin after tax? Estimated figure anyone?:bored:
Wer arbeitet in Berlin?:}

The African Dude
26th Jul 2013, 23:24
a couple of steps up the eJ pay increments

Sorry, what increments are these?! I need to talk to my BC... :}

SusanBoyle
27th Jul 2013, 13:57
VinRouge, stop viewing through rose tinted glasses me old mucker. And publicly declaring quick command aspirations with no civvie time is likely to alienate your tristar/10 butt sharpish...

Dct_Mopas
28th Jul 2013, 08:33
African dude,

Possibly the fact that the increments are currently:

75% FO (initial perm starting point) -> 100% FO (when required) -> 100% SFO (after 2 years service and 2000 hours)

fight30
2nd Aug 2013, 08:18
Hello guys!! How are you?
Anybody can tell me how is the interview in Luton?
What do they offer in details! I have it at the end of this month!
And does the simulator consist of?

Cheers and good luck

Full Left Rudder
2nd Aug 2013, 08:24
For those who are interested, on our latest internal memo easyJet Switzerland announced they will be recruiting again soon.

However, it looks like it will be onto flexicrew contractor type contracts "until the company can come to agreement with the union regarding new entrant contracts"

Iver
2nd Aug 2013, 14:13
Is it easy to bid out of Easy Switzerland or is it considered a separate operations from the main EasyJet? How soon before you can bid LGW or similar in the UK?

Xulu
2nd Aug 2013, 14:23
Iver,

It's currently a separate entity employment wise. They recently recruited internally from the UK operation to Swiss.

At the moment there is no way back although they have talked about making it possible for years.

Full Left Rudder
2nd Aug 2013, 18:28
I second what Xulu says. It has been talked about for years. A few guys have made the move but that has been due to exceptional circumstances.

It looks more likely that an FO transfer protocol will come in before a captain protocol. Rumoured to be by September, but we've heard these kind of rumours before....