PDA

View Full Version : Dash8-100

arrow28
13th Jul 2013, 06:16
Hi Guys/Gals

I'm about to start a Dash8 course and was wondering where I could get samples of the type of questions I could expect to get on the Tech exam.

I have tried Google but so far no luck. Also does anybody have notes on the systems on the 100 series. Again nothing on the net for this series Dash.

Thanks

arrow

baron_beeza
13th Jul 2013, 06:21
Plane Bombardier DASH-8-200-300 (http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/BOMBARDIER/DASH-8-200-300.html)

Not the 100 Series but a good rundown on the systems and certainly better than nothing.

Di_Vosh
13th Jul 2013, 06:38
Your question appears to me to be asking for Dash-8 info for a job interview.

Surely if you're about to do a Dash-8 Course then everything will be given to you during your ground school?

The Dash-8-100 has been around for quite a while now and I'd be pretty certain that any employer running a Dash-8 ground school would have a large number of courses to choose from for pilot training, each with their own method of assessment.

Perhaps you should best prepare yourself by getting enough rest before and during the ground school so that you can study and apply yourself.

It might be just me, but

wondering where I could get samples of the type of questions I could expect to get on the Tech exam.

sounds like laziness...

DIVOSH!

stillcallozhome
13th Jul 2013, 11:11
For goodness sake, he/she is asking for help on info, not your judgment on what it's for. How's the air up there?!?

MICHELINSMOKE
13th Jul 2013, 12:16
Have you tried smart cockpit ?

A few years ago i was seeking the same info ! seeking material to study prior to your course is PRO ACTIVE and demonstrates your desire to do well....... If i find any material i will send it on via PM.

Good luck :ok:

S number 1
14th Jul 2013, 03:51
Shame on you arrow28, shame on you ! What kind of world do we live in where a pilot attempts to find some information on an aircraft he will be working with? You should be in no way trying to expand your knowledge and increase you ability/chances of passing a ground school. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Your time should be spent instead, trawling pilot forums, finding people who are asking genuine questions and replying with information which is both a gigantic waste of time and of little help.

If you can manage to keep this up for some time, you can rest easy at night knowing that at least some of your life has been spent in pursuit of a good cause and has been of actual substance.

Oh and make sure to sign off your name at the end with some clever and witty name to ensure people take the post seriously and every knows your definitely not a colossal asshat.

Cessna 180
16th Jul 2013, 04:06
Now I know why I don't check in here much any more.

What on earth is wrong with Arrow 28 asking a genuine question for some info on a plane he may or may not be flying in the future?

I thought as pilots we are supposed to help each other?

A bit of a joke here and there is one thing

If you don't have something usefull to write, then why bother writing it.

E&OE

seneca208
16th Jul 2013, 05:15
I was on a ground course recently for a 2 crew turboprop. Most of whom attended were attempting to gain their first 2 crew turbine job.

The guy who bought a copy of the flight manual and studied it for a few weeks prior ended up getting the job. Go figure.

Di_Vosh
16th Jul 2013, 12:16
Now I know why I don't check in here much any more.

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing after reading some of the replies... ;)

Nowhere have I criticised arrow28 for asking for

notes on the systems on the 100 series

Great idea! Bulletin boards such as this one can be a great storehouse of information.

But if some of you had bothered to read my post you might have noticed that my criticism of arrow28 was that he/she was asking for samples of Tech exam questions for a course that he/she hasn't started yet.

IMHO (and obviously I'm in the minority here) that shows signs of laziness.

DIVOSH!

P.S.

If you don't have something usefull to write, then why bother writing it.

I agree totally. I also wondered why you posted what you did.

Of the replies so far, only three had any kind of information for arrow28 (apart from mine). Four people posted for no other reason than to have a go at me.

Something about irony...

D!