PDA

View Full Version : Considering Air China?

BRinChina
12th Jul 2013, 15:40
Its highly possible that you'll lose a month a year due to an obsure decision by their medical staff. No matter what age, it hinders the youngest and the old hands alike.

The remainder of the month, you'll lose an hourly rate greater than what you are paid for a normal month.
The calculation works that if you work only 15 hours, at the rate they deduct you'll not receive any flying pay. Go figure
Depending when you fail that medical, you might suffer that process across two months, or more.

There is a minefield of other issues, but it still suits some.

Ask around before you leave that 'secure job' even if some of you don't like HK so much anymore. For those without a job, yeah well, the money is ok provided all goes well.

Four pilots gone in the last so many months.. and you never know when your turn is next.

Good luck in China boys and girls!

BayBong
14th Jul 2013, 01:39
Understandable when some has no acceptable options elsewhere, nowhere to go, with huge debts, or they may have a Chinese family. Resiliency may be just a survival instinct.

But some just are afraid to change something - anything - in their life, big or small. They just cannot consider moving to a new flat, a new company, or a new city. They can't divorce nor let go of their old T-Shirt.

Yet they work in transport, the most stable in its unstability amoung all industries, where they must travel to different destinations everyday.

Then why work from a remote distance from a comfortable home, and develop extreme adaptability to the point of loosing their self-respect, accepting those filthy conditions ?!

The same opinion applies to any airline or trucking delinquant company, based on any continent. In Asia, they are champions in cheating, don't we remember ?

Soab
16th Jul 2013, 02:03
Why are they so paranoid about pilot or expat pilots medicals?

I understand their punitive culture, if a pilot has a medical drama during work, do they track down the medical staff who passed him and sack them?

Are they paranoid that if the expat pilot becomes incapacitated, the local pilots on board are incapable of landing the aircraft on their own. Including the local Captain on heavy crew flights?

???

flycold
17th Jul 2013, 00:40
any air china cargo pilots are here?
please shed some lights about air china cargo.
life style, roster, housing, bond for non type rated pilots.
many thanks!

borderguard
19th Jul 2013, 04:10
If you are considering working in China, and the job is offered to you through an agency, ie., WASINC, SMILE AVIATION, FRI, and many other's be aware of the following: Chinese Labor Law as of July 1, 2013 has placed strict regulations on Agencies that "broker" pilots to airlines and most if not all of the Agencies performing these services do not meet the requirements set forth in China Labor Law governing that professional service.

It is advised that if you are considering working for an airline in China through an Agency, do not do anything until you first request the Agency to provide their contract to you first! It is common practice that the Agencies will intentionally not reveal the terms of their contract with you until you have completed the screening process and actually signed a contract with the airline that you've applied to. If the agency will not provide to you their contract for your review before coming to China, then they are trying to scam you. The Agency will then have free control over the terms and conditions of your contract with them. If at the time you do receive their contract, and you don't agree with the working terms, or the contract is in violation of Chinese Labor Law, you'll be told by your Agency that they cannot pay you.

Masagemarad
20th Jul 2013, 02:05
Air china is a joke and you should not waste your time. I went over there to interview and I was not impressed. They give you standby tickets to fly to different cities for the interviews, the worst was being at an airport for 18 hours being bumped over and over and arriving to the destination and they expect you to be fresh for a sim eval.
The other issue like everyone talks about is there medical it is so backwoods, primitive and bias yes they hate westerners, I did not get the warm fuzzy feeling I was offered a job however I turned it down.
There seems to be some Koreans that like to go there because the taxes are not as bad there, all the power to them they can have it.