PDA

View Full Version : Women In The Infantry.....Protested!

SASless
11th Jul 2013, 15:54
The recent change in US DOD Policy to allow Women in Combat and all roles has generated much discussion and in one case a very interesting Protest by US Marines, commonly thought to be the Nations toughest Combat Force.

Where this leads to is going to be interesting in itself!

Semper Pink: Gay Marines Protest Possibility Of Female Infantry (http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/07/gay-infantry-marines-protest-female-grunts/)

ralphmalph
11th Jul 2013, 16:12
The duffel blog is fantastic......a similar military satire is sorely missing in the UK!

BEagle
11th Jul 2013, 16:36
It's some of the best self-mocking humour to come out of the US.

I wonder how many of them think it's true though.....:uhoh:

'Soldier discharged for "Having His goddamned hands in his pockets", says CSM' is another classic!

“I was driving on to post one morning and as I pulled up to the check point, I noticed Sgt Burnette standing there with his hands in his pockets. I’ve never seen such an ate up sack of **** in my life. It was only 15 degrees outside, it’s not like it was that cold,” said Bond in an interview with The Duffel Blog. “I was in Korea when it was negative two and I didn’t even THINK about putting my hands in my pockets! It’s this lack of attention to detail and failure to take pride in presenting a soldierly appearance that gets troops killed everyday.”

:D

ralphmalph
11th Jul 2013, 16:45
It's my daily chuckle....but it's lost on the Americans I work with!

SASless
11th Jul 2013, 17:17
You're working with the wrong bunch then!:uhoh:

Trim Stab
11th Jul 2013, 20:07
The satire though does make a perfectly good point - if a person can pass the physical and ability tests to be a US Marine, Royal Marine, Para, SF or elite pilot, let them in whatever their sex or sexuality. It makes f*ck all difference to unit cohesion if everybody has gone through exactly the same training and tests. All that matters to unit cohesion is a common bond. It is far more detrimental to unit cohesion when special consideration has been given to token females (or gays!) to allow them to pass a military course, or even worse when special publicity has been given to those that do pass on genuine merit.

I do know that some females have passed some extremely arduous infantry courses in the UK on genuine merit, and have refused all subsequent publicity, despite requests from MOD PR. They were part of the team entirely. I also know of openly gay men who have passed equally arduous infantry courses in the UK on merit, and who would have gone public 100% if they thought the MOD would let them get away with it! They were just as equally part of the team.

500N
11th Jul 2013, 20:17
Trim stab

Well said.

SASless
11th Jul 2013, 23:33
Secret Body Armor Device exposed.....US Army Troops in grave danger now!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1000483_982904729333_982627210_n.jpg