PDA

View Full Version : Personnel : New Engagement Model : Consultation

CoffmanStarter
11th Jul 2013, 13:03
Interesting ... the existence of a consultation feedback survey, apparently for serving personnel, was announced on Tw@ter earlier today. Here it is ... all twelve questions ...

The New Employment Model (NEM) is the most thorough review in a generation of Service personnel terms and conditions of service (career structures, pay, accommodation, training etc).

It is vital that we get the design of the NEM right: not just in terms of ensuring value for money for Defence but crucially in delivering a package that fits with what Service personnel want and reflects the lifestyles they wish to lead. This important feedback will be used to guide the teams who are developing the policies and to provide evidence that will enable the Defence Board to make decisions on important parts of the package such as pay and accommodation. It will also help us to understand how Service personnel perceive some of the changes ahead.

A consultation on the NEM will run from June until October 2013. During this time a range of approaches will be used to understand the views of service personnel including focus groups and surveys on specific elements of the NEM.

The following questions are a starting point for you to offer your opinions on some the key features of the NEM. Please take the opportunity to give us your initial feedback now and take part in some of the other consultation activities taking place during the next few months.

NEM Survey (http://t.co/GJs9DFfKNh)

Apart from the usual Radio Button prelim questions ... one wonders how all the free format responses are going to be effectively collated, analysed and interpreted :confused:

No reference to this survey on the main DC Web Site ?

UK Defence Consultations (http://defenceconsultations.org.uk/)

Presumably our Regular Members will be aware of the survey ? The old cynic in me reminds me that these kind of feedback "opportunities" are some times pushed out in stealth mode ... I hope I'm wrong ...

romeo bravo
11th Jul 2013, 13:23
On Defence Intranet on 20 Jun 13

junket
11th Jul 2013, 16:40
Survey has been out for a while and has been advertised in the DIB and IBN. Locations hosting a roadshow briefing have been advertising the survey. To date around 4000 responses and approx 70~80% from the RAF. The RAF Roadshow brief is very good and the teams briefing are excellent IMHO.

Detail will be examined by a mixed team of military occupational psychologists and IPSOS MORI. All in all it is encouraging.

CoffmanStarter
11th Jul 2013, 16:49
Glad to hear RB, Junket ... didn't hurt to repost then :ok:

Let's hope the response rate is high from all ranks/services ...

Willard Whyte
11th Jul 2013, 17:35
Interesting that one can participate in the survey from a normal interweb terminal. Anyone could fill it in, not just serving personnel or spouses.

Assuming there isn't some kind of filter in place, of course.

seadrills
11th Jul 2013, 19:43
I went to a NEM briefing yesterday ... They are really plugging the importance of this - we MUST get this right or its curtains for you Baldrick

Pontius Navigator
11th Jul 2013, 20:54
I recall many many years ago we were 'selected' to complete an anonymous survey. We did but put in false DOB.

We got hasteners for not completing the survey.

Anonymous, yeah really :)

tucumseh
12th Jul 2013, 06:24
We got hasteners for not completing the survey.

Anonymous, yeah really http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Same in civvy land in 1999. Marked down in next annual report if you made an adverse comment.

junket
12th Jul 2013, 06:41
Well said Seadrills, spot on. Let's make sure that we don't let a vociferous minority influence something that is vital to us all, remember what happened with PAYD! Make your voice heard

unclenelli
13th Jul 2013, 08:47
It got touted around my workplace, but then we realised it had a MAXIMUM age limit of 25, so us old, crusty SNCO's couldn't vent our spleens!

CoffmanStarter
13th Jul 2013, 08:55
That sounds a bit "ageist" non-inclusive to me :=

junket
15th Jul 2013, 12:32
The survey is open to all ages. Some of the focus groups are targeted by age, both over 25 and under 25 and rank. There are also other criteria, but rest assured the focus groups and interviews are fully inclusive.

If you want to vent spleens then do so in the survey, it is free text!