PDA

View Full Version : Golden Eagle, Going Going Gone.

Dances With Dingoes
11th Jul 2013, 10:32
Rumor has is GEA has gone the way of the Dodo. Can anyone confirm?

If so why? CASA? Bankrupt?

DD

falconx
11th Jul 2013, 10:39
Bankrupt much the same as direct air, old equipment

Skystar320
11th Jul 2013, 12:06
Havn't they recently got a Beech 1900D to operate the RPT route?

Websites down

falconx
11th Jul 2013, 12:07
You mean the bae146?

Towering Q
12th Jul 2013, 02:36
Might explain why the replica Spitfire hasn't been terrorising the YPPD locals lately. :eek:

Hasherucf
12th Jul 2013, 10:19
Think the crash on Cable Beach was the last straw. Only had about 4 contracts then. B1900 ? Wasn't it a A380 for the RPT route to Balgo ;)

Dash 42
12th Jul 2013, 13:09
Might explain why the replica Spitfire hasn't been terrorising the YPPD locals lately.

It was terrorising the locals when I last passed through a bit over a month ago :ok:

I heard a rumour that Slingair was buying the AOC and planning on running a 1900... Only a rumour though :}

zanthrus
17th Jul 2013, 13:05
Oh well I guess Jesus doesn't save all. Damn bible bashing owner wouldn't hire pilots unless they were practising Christians.

m-dot
18th Jul 2013, 05:28
Never nice to hear about any operator going bust. It means less jobs for everyone just trying to get into the game. Thats very easy to say being well established into an airline career and with GA well behind me.

I worked for GEA back in the late 90s. I can't say it was the easiest transition into an operator I've had, but I'm happy to say I've got great recollections about my time and dealings with the proprietors.

While K definitely had a definite way in which he wanted things done, (SOP etc) if you did what was asked you were well looked after (and no.... I and the other pilots at the time were not religious). All the other pilots I worked with at the same time went to EAA, Swissair and other major airlines (where the SOP are definitely much tighter than I can recall at GEA!).

If this is indeed true, I sincerely hope KR, MR and little (big now probably) NR all the very best and hope that their employees are able to secure alternative employment quickly.

The Green Goblin
18th Jul 2013, 09:55
Wrong hemisphere m-dot!

Unless of course you flew clapped out chieftains and bongos for a bottom feeder in outback Australia.

RIP Golden Chook.

You won't be missed, nor your kamikaze bongo mail run drivers in the Kimberley (one older female in particular) who until a merger, still had a bird on her tail wink wink :hmm:

GG

Avgas172
18th Jul 2013, 13:39
I practiced at being a Christian once but I wasn't any good at it :E

Skystar320
25th May 2014, 08:19
So what was the story here? I know they operated old equipment, some fairly good contracts [which were?] and the RPT routes.

What happened?