PDA

View Full Version : SITA web check in – boarding pass reprint

t1grm
11th Jul 2013, 08:06
I’m flying KM out of FRA this evening. I just tried to check in online and the website crashed half way through (page not found after clicking the seat map button and then page expired when going back). Now when I redo the check in process it says I am already checked in and won’t let me go any further. The thing is I never got as far as printing my boarding pass due to the above crash. So now I am stuck checked in but with no boarding pass. The KM website redirects to the SITA online check in system. I assume they are the handling agents at FRA. Does anyone know a way of getting a reprint or am I stuck with queuing at the airport? I will be well pee’d off if it’s the latter as I will have to leave the office an hour earlier. :mad:

Edit: I'm carrying hand luggage only - no hold luggage

ExXB
11th Jul 2013, 08:15
I'd phone KM Reservations and ask them. They perhaps can reset the 'completed tag' and allow you to proceed.

SITA are the computer system behind KM's Departure Control System, they are not ground handlers.

Edited: This is SITA SITA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SITA)

t1grm
11th Jul 2013, 08:40
Good idea. I phoned KM reservations and they gave me the number for FRA passenger handling. Unfortunately all they can do is tell me if I am checked in or not. They cannot reverse the check in. Seems a bit odd to me. They also gave me the email for the KM web check in help desk so I pinged them an email. I don’t hold out much hope of getting a speedy response on the latter though. :{

t1grm
11th Jul 2013, 08:46
Panic over. Just tried the web check in again and it went through. I have a pdf of my boarding pass now. I assume there is some sort of timed reset if the process is not completed. :ok:

ExXB
11th Jul 2013, 10:28
Hope you got a good seat!

t1grm
11th Jul 2013, 21:00
I went with the pre allocated 9F. I didn’t want to risk the seat map page crashing again! At least it’s a window near the front but I would have preferred an A since that is on the east facing side heading south in the evening so you don’t get roasted by the sunset!