View Full Version : Best months for recruitment?

wingman74
1st May 2002, 18:18
I've just had a bit of a windfall come my way which means that I'm lucky enough to have the cash to start integrated training this Autumn. Yes, I know I'm a lucky b*****d...

I'm looking at a number of different ab-initio courses with completion dates varying from Sept 2003 through to Jan 2004.

I know the job market is bad at the moment, but when (typically) are the best months for pilot recruitment? If I don't finish until January '04, will I have 'missed the boat' for that year? Someone once told me that a lot of recruiting goes on before Christmas when airlines are quieter.

I guess it's a trade off between being ready too early (and not being current) or not having the licence in your hand when that job opportunity (hopefully!) comes along.

Any thoughts/recommendations anyone?

skylord757
1st May 2002, 19:07
The time when airlines recruit is genrally between september and december especially the charter airlines e.q. Britannia, JMC. Regional airlines generally recruit all year round hopefully when you complete your training the job market will improve for low houred pilots.

Wee Weasley Welshman
1st May 2002, 19:37
Sorry about not replying to your email about this. I got a virus somehow this week and lost my hard drive. So I'm now a fully patched up Win XP Pro Norton 2002 tooled up fortress... talk about bolting stable doors is now deeply taboo in the Weasley household..

Yes, Sept is a good month to be entering the job market. By 2004 things should be picking up nicely.

Good luck,