PDA

View Full Version : New kid again?

veloo maniam
10th Jul 2013, 03:46
Talk is that Wings Abadi might start operating out of SZB.
:D

kwaiyai
10th Jul 2013, 04:06
I remember that one going around a few years ago and recently along with others.

training wheels
10th Jul 2013, 13:10
Probably to compete with Firefly operating their ATRs in to Medan?

veloo maniam
10th Jul 2013, 15:19
I think it is high time Malacca should welcome Wings Abadi.
This airport is underused. Perhaps a highspeed train to KL city
might change Malaccas potential. My 2cents.:ok:

technopreneur
10th Jul 2013, 19:06
Mr veloo, since you're here don't mind me side track for awhile. me and my fellow workmates always wonder why Singapore radar always keep us high whenever we are coming from east or south of Kuala Lumpur for approach? Is there any reason for it besides busy traffic? Also we notice that sometimes lumpur radar are not really communicating with each other by speed control I.e from high speed to min speed and sometimes even holding at certain point after passing on to different frequency. Maybe sir you can share with us abit about this as we are quite puzzled...

veloo maniam
11th Jul 2013, 00:59
Techno, SIN Radar needs to be pushed by you guys either change frequency soon or request descent NOW. Some of the SIN Ctlers think that KUL CTlers are doing crossword puzzle while waiting for traffic. Despite telling them to transfer early (in order for us to give the restrictions) they tend to take their own sweet time. Do us a favour...insist descent clearance.keep pushing them. We understand that if there is traffic but why transfer late when there is not.
Secondly, traffic volume has increased leaps and bounds. All those speed controls are due to flow management and weather. It is mainly due to weather these days that someone delays due deviation. Hence the re-juggling.
More speed controls and vectoring is needed these days. We are unable at the moment to use both runways for landing as the departures are increasing.
Finally PUSH SIN ATC for lower if there is no traffic. Keep asking whats the traffic for descent. You guys will do us a great favour.
P/s peak hours start reducing your speeds to 250kts at the FIR boundaries.
We are coming up with some notams soon on these.
Traffic is heavy and watch your TCAs like a hawk. My 2 cents.

perantau
11th Jul 2013, 17:14
Why is the airspace over Johor still controlled by S'pore? KLIA is getting busier, and the last time I checked, Johor is still part of Malaysia.

slayerdude
12th Jul 2013, 18:02
Why is sin controlling airspace over Johor???? That has something to do with the 5 points agreement agreed to by a certain PM......you know, giving up railway stn down town..... Water....for a form of compensation.......yep!!!...we got conned........again

Anilv
16th Jul 2013, 03:14
They can land at SZB but where to park the aircraft? The terminal is too small.

Firefly has 12 aircraft and Malino will have 6 aircraft...ttl 18!

They may not depart at peak hours but seems like there are flights departing every 20minutes in SZB even during non peak hours!

AN