PDA

View Full Version : Off-wing engine certification

davor_k
9th Jul 2013, 12:24
I have a question concerning proper certification of work performed on off-wing engine - removal of part in serviceable condition.
Now my organisation proceeds in that way:
- removal of part in serviceable condition from off-wing engine (B1 category);
- issue EASA Form 1 for removed part;
- cancel previous EASA Form 1 of the engine, update missing parts list;
- after installation of previously removed part new EASA Form one for engine is issued.

My question is:
In case of lack of missing part to be installed on the engine is it allowed to issue EASA Form 1 only after removal of the part if so what will be the status of EASA Form one.
Can anybody help?
Thank you in advance.

TinyTim2
11th Jul 2013, 06:34
In the companies I have worked for the removed engine had a list of removed items or other relevant information , such as date and time of preservation for example . The original Easa form 1 remained but had a reference to the open items list . The removed item had a serviceable label and in some cases a form 1 , depending on thd Moe of that company.

davor_k
12th Jul 2013, 07:19
So it means that if you removed component from engine in serviceble condition you update only missing parts list/ open item lists and "old" EASA Form one was still valid?
And what in case of installation of components on off-wing engine did you issued EASA Form one for the engine or also EASA Form one was still valid?

We are in the situation that the Operator requests to sent the engine with removed component to diffrent organisation that is why I am wondering is it allowed to certify the removal of the parts on EASA Form 1.