PDA

View Full Version : Non-TR DEC and FO Recruitment Jet2

Pages : [1] 2

StopStart
6th Jul 2013, 21:46
Just spreading the word..... Non-TR and TR Captains and FOs onto the 73 and 75. See here (https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/searchresults.aspx?PartnerId=30013&SiteId=5476&Function=LinkQuery&LinkId=68). Thought it rated a new thread ;)

McBruce
7th Jul 2013, 00:12
Given the TCs on offer for rated guys, I'm sure this one will be a good laugh!

DeltaT
7th Jul 2013, 08:36
Whats the story on the bonding for type?

B737900er
7th Jul 2013, 23:13
Bonding? Ive never heard of this term before! :E

MikeHoncho
8th Jul 2013, 12:42
Hello all,

I tried to apply via the Jet2 website. One step in the apllication proces was to fill in your National Insurance Number. I don't have one because I am not from the UK. I found out that you can get one through the Jobcentre UK.
I already sent a email to Jet2 if it is really necessary to have a NIN.

Anybody else that can shine a light on this?

Thanks in advance!

pudoc
8th Jul 2013, 13:10
NI number cannot legally stop you from being employed.

But seeing as so many countries restrict UK pilots working for their airlines, I hope the UK airlines take the same approach to employing UK citizens before others.

B737900er
8th Jul 2013, 15:55
ICAO Level 6 and/or UK citizen get priority is a must, so UK pilots can be treated fairly.

LNIDA
9th Jul 2013, 00:53
Any UK employer must be sure that you have the right to work in the UK, otherwise the fines are massive, a NI number is a way to do that, but of course if you have the legal right to live in the EU then you have the legal right to be employed in any contracting state within the EU.

So just put you social number down from your own country and remember this is more likely to stop your job prospects than your flying skills or lack of.

Working really well this EU project????

Wodka
9th Jul 2013, 15:38
For NTR FO's its says:

You must have experience on a Commercial Jet or Turboprop aircraft, with a total flying time of at least 500 hours and a strong training record.

Is that 500hrs total time? or
500hrs on commercial jet/turboprop? (Multicrew only?)

I took it as the first case from the way it was worded. Thoughts?

B737900er
9th Jul 2013, 16:16
Tbh it doesn't matter if you have 10,000 hours commercial experience, HR will go off what the compass test says. Nothing like being told by a computer that you cant work in a Multi-crew environment. :ugh:

South Prince
9th Jul 2013, 16:17
Hi pudoc, do you mind listing those countries that restrict UK pilots working for the local airlines?

B737900er
9th Jul 2013, 16:19
South Prince : Airlines that state you must be fluent in the local language. For example being fluent in French German Dutch English & Klingon.

DADDY-OH!
9th Jul 2013, 19:25
Compass testing has been shelved.

CharlieRomeo
9th Jul 2013, 20:02
Daddy oh,

Is that official?
Any word from inside the airline regarding folk who got to hold pool last time round or will it be thru the full assessment again?
And finally, what will be in place this year if the compass tests are withdrawn?

Thanks

DADDY-OH!
9th Jul 2013, 21:04
Not too sure if it has for every applicant. It may depend on fleet, previous experience & background.

Globally Challenged
10th Jul 2013, 06:48
South Prince : Airlines that state you must be fluent in the local language. For example being fluent in French German Dutch English & Klingon.

Well perhaps those pilots should get off their arses and stop relying on everyone else to speak their Language, pull their fingers out and actually learn another language.

ICAO level 4 may be sufficient for flightdeck interaction - but you are suggesting that everyone else (ops, dispatchers, fuelers etc etc) other than yourself that you may need to deal with during your duty hours should stop being so lazy and learn english?

N747EX
10th Jul 2013, 07:17
70% contracts again? It states permanent but also stated that last time when they offered 70%. Hope for everyone involved its 100%

WX Man
10th Jul 2013, 11:02
Personally, 70% would suit me fine... more time at home with WX Girl, WX Jr. and WX Dog.

Interesting that they're not considering compass tests this year- I wonder if we can expect to see the online tests that Easy and Aer Fungus used though? If so, God help me in the verbal reasoning! :eek:

N747EX
10th Jul 2013, 13:19
Ya 70% suits some however it should be given to those who want it not pushed on everyone to reduce t and c's, anyways rant over good to see a UK provider hiring and good to see some non tr recruitment aswell fair play to jet2 for that at least

spider_man
10th Jul 2013, 13:32
Wx Man. You do realise you will still have to fly a 100% roster for 70% pay throughout the busy summer periods, and that your time off will be in winter when those on 100% will also be mostly sat at home like you, but on full pay :zzz:

Lord Spandex Masher
10th Jul 2013, 14:12
Spider Man. You do realise when you're sitting at home all winter doing no work at all you're still getting paid a few grand a month.

StopStart
10th Jul 2013, 18:13
I believe there will be a mix of contracts on offer - 70%/part time contracts may actually appeal to some people. I also believe that COMPASS testing has been canned (no guarantees though).

My recommendation (for what it's worth) is that if you're after a UK based, short haul jet job in an expanding and profitable company that pays you a decent salary every month on time then apply. There is no charge to apply and you can walk away from the selection process at any time you find something you don't like/disagree with.
There are a few folk on here that have a perma-moan about Jet2 - that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. All I would say is that if you're looking to make a career move/change then apply.

If however your time is too valuable, your skills too great and your minimum acceptable income too high then I'd suggest you get back in touch with BA and take them up on that offer of DE Chief Pilot they keep bothering you with.

no sponsor
10th Jul 2013, 20:42
I would also suspect that some of us here are in fact ex-Jet2, and could offer some valuable advice and a different perspective on the airline.

IMHO Jet2 is no career airline. Good enough as a stepping stone to something else, or indeed, finishing off your career.

LNIDA
10th Jul 2013, 20:50
Well said StopStart and if BA don't get back to you with that DE CP job, well you can always join Monarch (rumoured large NG order pending) or Norwegian who will pay you a 100% year round and rather more than what is on offer from Yorkshire favourite airline and which ever way you cut it your still on 70% of the going rate for the job.

I'm told that Morrison's in Yeadon & Leeds city council are more than happy to accept that you pay only 70% of your bill at the check out, ditto your rates and mortgage with Bradford & Bingley

There is a vouch code on your rates bill, just enter (Jet2 Friendly low wage airline)

All joking aside, the are a good company and a friendly bunch, 99% of the pilot management very strongly disagree with this 70% lark, because its not really a seasonal contract i.e. you are employed year round but at 70% of some other pilots and you can't clear off and work somewhere else over the winter and continue to receive your 70%.

The life span of this scheme will be seriously tested in 2014, my understanding is that if you apply and are successful and accept a position starting next spring then your contract will have a recoverable penalty running at around £7k if you sign but fail to show up next year, needless to say it doesn't work the other way round if their business plan changes.

The big plus is that you get to work/live in EDI/GLA BPL/MAN LBA NCL and for many that will swing it

G-IZMO
10th Jul 2013, 21:13
For those that have applied, any idea when we might hear something? Again, from the hold pool last time, does that carry any credit from a compass pass?

jpboy
10th Jul 2013, 23:37
I would also suspect that some of us here are in fact ex-Jet2, and could offer some valuable advice and a different perspective on the airline.

IMHO Jet2 is no career airline. Good enough as a stepping stone to something else, or indeed, finishing off your career.

no sponsor,

It's great that after all these years you continue to show an interest in your ex-employer. I hope that your current paymaster will engender the same affection in the years ahead.

Your profile and previous posts suggest that you left Jet2 when it had circa 200 pilots and 28ish aircraft? Based on that foundation you offer the "valuable" advice of dismissing Jet2 as a career airline. In acknowledgement of your IMHO, I would politely suggest that much has changed since you left not least circa 500 pilots and 60ish aircraft with significant growth planned over the next 2 years at least.

Whilst there are always areas for improvement I think StopStart has made some very valid points.

I wish you all the very best in the Utopia of your current employment.

Honiley
11th Jul 2013, 07:55
There is a reason why this company is constantly recruiting...

Lots of folk kidding themselves...hang on for the CP job at BA!

Artie Fufkin
11th Jul 2013, 08:14

Because they have been in continuous profitable expansion for the last 10 years and have 8 more aircraft on the way next year?

A few have left for BA and Emirates.

Johnny F@rt Pants
11th Jul 2013, 08:15

Yep, it's called continuous expansion.:D and very few leavers.

DADDY-OH!
11th Jul 2013, 09:43
Indeed. The current 'rush' for B757 Capts & FO's is because the 3 B757's in GLA & EMA are being transferred to LBA, NCL & MAN and the affected crews at EMA & GLA mostly decided to transfer to the 4 B73NG's that were arriving to replace them.

Hence the poor old B757 Fleet Manager has to effectively find 3 B757's-worth of crews. Most Capts will be sourced from the excellent, very experienced & very capable pool of SFO's within Jet2.com. We need many more FO's. I think the figure is up at around 29 split between 3 DEC's & 26 FO's which sounds about right if you plan on 3 aircraft - 5 crews/act - 30 pilots. There are also some retirees to throw into the mix, a few guys who have been Contracting here for a couple of Summers have been offered permanent 100% contracts & some who are waiting for start dates with the Gulf Majors', although that number is dwindling & in fact at least 1 who went to the airline who's name we dare not say, wants to come back to Jet2.com!!

I think this campaign will appeal to those are flying for DHL based in Germany who want to return home, some who are approaching 'Full Bucket' status in the land of Knoteetingham, those who can wangle a good severance deal from employers who are downsizing their B757/767 fleets & don't want to go through a complete new type rating course.
I don't know about the contracts on offer but there are options to do 100% pay for 100% roster & lesser pro-rata salaries for 7 months on/5 months off or 6 days on/8 days off. These are particularly attractive to those when you dress it up as "... sat at home for the winter on £XXXX/mth..."
It may not suit everyone but it's a cracking little firm that is a pleasure to work for.

olaola
11th Jul 2013, 13:23
Hello all,

Does somebody know how will be the selection process?

Do you think that foreign pilots could have a chance?

I am Italian and I applied some days ago, no answer yet....

NTR 4200hrsTT

EllanVannin
11th Jul 2013, 15:36
How does the sector pay work at jet2? Ppjn is not very detailed on this.

Or in short, what can a new FO or a new Captain expect to take home after taxes, pension etc?

Honiley
11th Jul 2013, 16:06
They won't be short of DHL applicants, who'll feel right at home, similar cultures! Don't forget to pack your lunch!!!!

JB007
11th Jul 2013, 16:34
Regardless of the company, isn't it just good news the UK is finally seeing some constant recruitment from EXS, MON and EZE...

With a revised economy, albeit prediction and house prices rising...lets hope we are coming to the end of what has been a loooooong tunnel!

I don't really get the doom-gloom mongers... Honiley I assume you are from the "Hamble Generation!"

DADDY-OH!
12th Jul 2013, 14:16
Here Here!

Narrow Runway
12th Jul 2013, 15:37
I put in a speculative application for DEC this week. I'm not rated on either type.

Within the week I received this:

"Thank you for your interest in Jet2.com and your recent application for one of our pilot vacancies. We will endeavour to process your application as soon as possible and will contact you within 4 weeks.
Next steps:
Your CV and supporting documentation will now be reviewed by the Recruitment Team who will contact you to arrange a convenient time for a telephone interview if your application is to be taken forward.
If you meet our requirements you will be invited to attend our Pilot Assessment Centre and if successful, will attend a simulator assessment shortly afterwards.
Once this has been completed you will be informed if you have been successful by a member of the Recruitment Team.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your application to become a Pilot with Jet2.com.
Thanks"

I've no idea if that is a good sign, or a bad sign, but it is nice to actually even get a response in this day and age.

So, from my side, well done jet2.com.

Let's see what happens next.

MD11Man
12th Jul 2013, 18:34
EllanVannin,

There's 3 types of sectors. Short, medium and long - the longer the sector, the higher the sector pay.

Think the medium is around 10 pounds, but don't quote me on that.

EllanVannin
12th Jul 2013, 18:51
Thanks very much. How many equivalent medium
sectors a month would you tend to fly a month on average?

sdryh
12th Jul 2013, 23:02
Any ideas what will be covered in the phone interview?

San Expiry
13th Jul 2013, 09:33
The first piece of good news (apart from the fact it is happening) I read about this recruitment drive by Jet 2 was that the 'compass test' might have been ditched but my heart sank when I read mention of the awful preliminary phone interview remaining in place.

I sincerely hope that 'your fate' won't rest with a 500hr first officer who has been thrown on the end of a phone, having just worked the early return from Palma, with a tick-box questionnaire.

Jet 2 lost the opportunity to recruit many good people when they first went down this route by asking questions about the (as then) uncertain terms and conditions that changed as the process went on.

If your answer over the phone at the time didn't fit with with their ideal answer eg are you prepared to pay for your type rating - answer 'no' - then that was the end of your beautiful relationship with Jet 2. The galling part was to discover that a few weeks later (post another review of T&Cs on offer) answering 'no' might have been OK if the question had even still been on the list.

The key to success appears to be to sound polite, cheerful and enthusiastic over the phone and say 'yes' to everything. You can argue the toss at a later stage.

Better still would be to get rid of the phone process entirely. The recruiters should be able to sort the wheat from the chaff from the application itself.

Flying Wild
13th Jul 2013, 10:03
Thanks very much. How many equivalent medium
sectors a month would you tend to fly a month on average?

Medium is over 1000Nm. Depends on where you are based. EMA on the 300, probably not many. EDI/GLA probably quite a few.

G-IZMO
13th Jul 2013, 15:21
The point about SSTR or not is a very valid one. Anyone know on the inside if it'd be a bond as was offered last time?

8eyes
13th Jul 2013, 16:25
How true is it that they may have ditched the Compass Testing? Do you have this on good authority?

Are they still looking for type rated (contract) Captains on the B737?

Any information very much appreciated.

MD11Man
13th Jul 2013, 19:32
EllanVannin,

Depends on how many pilots they have, of course... I'd say, during summer, about 16 medium sectors.

That was when I was there, I believe it is far busier for pilots now (hence the recruitment, I guess)...

Facelookbovvered
13th Jul 2013, 21:19
Different companies have different selection procedures, but broadly speaking the objective is the same, so last Autumn when bmibaby poured 120+ 737 type rated and experienced lots of people had the opportunity to see first hand how it worked, the middle east crowd were very thorough especially on the medical front which surprised a few, BA were their (un)helpful self, Jet2 had the now infamous compass test, Monarch, who i expected to be very much into all manner of testing & sim rides basically had a 50 min chat, no technicals or mind games and Norwegian, again a chat, very informal off the back of an online personality test and followed by a basic sim check for Captains.

My point here is that the result is more or less the same, all of these companies either took or rejected some candidates that raised a few eyebrows for ex baby trainers and flight crew management.

To date I'm not aware of any ex baby pilot (other than sandpit 777, which was always going to be a big jump for some) needing additional training or not making it through the conversion course's

Jet2 could have done a lot worse than adopt the former baby "Durnford" method approach of sitting down in Costa coffee with Jet2 current/present fleet 737 manager and interviewee and have a chat, it wouldn't be perfect, but nothing is?

JB007
13th Jul 2013, 21:48
The best jobs ive had, First Choice Airways and my present employer, was a 1 hour chat, requiring you to have done the homework on the company and the good old "can I sit next to you for 12 hours" thingy...with a very obvious assumption by looking at your CV, you could do the job!

In both companies, everyone cares, the employee and employer...it was/is enough to get the job done...

Jet2 might learn eventually!

jpboy
13th Jul 2013, 22:14
Jet2 could have done a lot worse than adopt the former baby "Durnford" method approach of sitting down in Costa coffee with Jet2 current/present fleet 737 manager and interviewee and have a chat, it wouldn't be perfect, but nothing is?

750 applicants in 5 days....that's a lot of coffee! :eek:

Pin Head
13th Jul 2013, 22:26
How realistically would they consider a rated high hour FO but no command time looking for a change of seat?

StopStart
13th Jul 2013, 22:31
With no command time I very much doubt they'd take you on in the LHS. That said, once you're in and have 300 hrs with the company you can apply for the command process. It's a meritocracy; if you're good then you'll get it. If you're not, you won't. Simple enough system really.

Ben178v
13th Jul 2013, 22:53
Why are they after NTR DEC I know a few people who have gone there with 1000's of hours who must be more than ready. Or are they after some ex Flybe LHS who will be more than happy to take a jet LHS and accept whatever conditions are offered for the privilege.

jpboy
13th Jul 2013, 23:07
Successful candidates will possess a valid UK issued JAR ATPL or EASA licence and a valid UK issued Class One Medical. You will have a minimum of 3000 flying hours, of which 1000 hours must be command time on a medium to heavy commercial or military multi-crew, multi-engine jet or heavy multi-crew, multi-engine Turboprop aircraft.

Pin Head

Meet this criteria? Apply.

Why are they after NTR DEC I know a few people who have gone there with 1000's of hours who must be more than ready. Or are they after some ex Flybe LHS who will be more than happy to take a jet LHS and accept whatever conditions are offered for the privilege.

Ben178v

There are only so many internal promotions the training system can cope with. DEC's come via a different route ie. external training provider. The pre-course requisite experience for the latter route bar the internal applicants. Put simply, demand exceeds possible internal supply.

StopStart
13th Jul 2013, 23:26
Or are they after some ex Flybe LHS who will be more than happy to take a jet LHS and accept whatever conditions are offered for the privilege.

What an hilariously chippy and sneery comment! Get off your high horse.

Hours maketh not the man. 1000s and 1000s of hours in the RHS is generally indicative of one of two of things (in a meritocratic outfit) - a desire to stay in the RHS or a lack of ability to move out of it. :hmm:

Sean Dillon
14th Jul 2013, 05:52
StopStart - You do seem to get a bit 'tense' at any negative comment about Jet2. I don't think that comment was intended how you think, but it's about what opportunities you've had previously and what you've experienced.

It obviously works for you at your age/whatever opportunities were available/where you do/want to live - great!

But it is far from perfect...no crew food/dual basing tosh/pathetic pilot contracts/50% pay whilst training/pay-for-ratings...I think you'll find Jet2 is all for those abroad/need a job/a light at the end of the long turbo-prop tunnel, if you can afford it.

StopStart
14th Jul 2013, 08:15
Not "tense" old chap, I just find them to be a decent enough employer and I struggle sometimes to reconcile the attitudes displayed by some of the pilot population that inhabits Pprune with the apparent state of the market. I fail to see why defending the company makes me "tense". Those slating it seem a lot more tense to me......

(Note - I am fully cognisant that Pprune represents a cross-section of absolutely nothing and that anonymous opinions expressed on here have little or no bearing on the real world, mine included)

There seems to be a high level expectation among many posters on here when it comes to employment. I fully support the idea that T&Cs of the airline pilot population have generally been pared to the bone in Europe/UK and that cutting them any further must be resisted where possible. That said, the days of 6 figure salaries for all, free flights everywhere, fancy hotels and trolley loads of free food are gone for pretty much everyone.

Employment opportunities in the UK market are flat for pretty much everyone and especially for those seeking to break into the "jet market" (a hilarious concept in itself). Folk have quoted other airlines recruiting but you only have to read the threads on the subjects to see what's actually going on.

EasyJet recruiting 200. Or are they? Is it a smokescreen sop to the CAA? Seems to be some pretty grotty contracts being discussed there, not to mention the high probability of applicants fronting up £30k+ for a rating. And what about the recruiting process there? "Congrats you're through!" "Actually we've changed our minds, you're not."

Monarch recruiting? Apparently. A great company with good Ts and Cs. Funded by the odd bail out now and then. Recruiting is apparently on but it's very a slow drip feed, certainly not enough to satisfy the demands of the pilot market.

BA? The Hopy Grail of airline employers. Yes, they offer proper old school T&Cs and a career for life. How's recruiting going there then? Pretty much 50-75% of the folk that got through BA's Terribly-Pleased-With-Itself recruiting into the hold pool have then been dropped as the company's circumstances/needs changed.

RyanAir recruiting. Apparently. Knock yourself out with that one. The absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to airline employers.

So what about Jet2 then? A company that has grown rapidly over the last few years is now offering opportunities to a whole spectrum of the pilot community. Ex-military looking for their first civvy job, TP looking for first jet, returnees to UK, people wanting to move "home" up north, capable FOs looking for the chance of a shot at command, the list goes on. Yes the company isn't perfect and I don't seek to defend those aspects I find distasteful, however it is a fair employer offering choice and opportunity in a market that generally isn't.

The company generally works for me as an employer but to answer your specific criticisms:

No Crew Food - sorry, I find this oft levelled complaint to be hilarious. Buy a banana or take a sandwich. If you can't survive a Malaga and back without a three course meal you need a chat with yourself.

Dual Basing - I'm not but know many who are. None of them are bothered by it.

"Pathetic Pilot Contracts" - I wholeheartedly agree that the 70% contract is a pretty cynical HR tool to get something for nothing. A lesson was hopefully learnt earlier this year when it was turned down in droves leaving the company short of pilots. I don't agree with it however I know plenty of commanders who've taken it, rightly or wrongly, as "in" to the company. That said, I know people who joined simply because the 70% contract was available. The pay over the summer funds other activities over the winter. Some people do have lives outside of aviation....

50% pay during training - Yup, don't like that either. 50% during the TR fair enough but once on line training it should be 100%

Pay for your rating - I fail to see why this is a drama. Why should any company splurge a load of money to give you a fancy, marketable rating and then expect no return? Most people I know are on a non-repayment, reducing 3 year bond. If anyone can give me a realistic reason why this is unfair I'm all ears. I'm actually on a repayment bond - I'd rather not be paying it back but thems the breaks.

Jet2 isn't perfect - in my case I live away from home and am paying for my rating. On the other hand, I enjoy the working environment and people I work with. I get a decent enough salary that is paid on time. Is it the ideal company for me? Actually, no it isn't (location). Does that make them a bad employer? No, far from it. Would I take another job if there was one that better suited my needs? Yes. Does that stop me being able to recommend Jet2 as an employer. No, again, far from it as I am able to see the company for what it is.

It may not be a "career airline" for some but I know many for whom it is. Not everyone needs the moon on a stick and there are people out there for whom, surprisingly, £85k pa, a busy summer, a quiet winter and the chance to live at home on t'Dales is more than enough. For those that need the rock star wages go fill your boots in China or the desert. I hear the Terms there are idyllic....

Whether or not the intelligentsia of Pprune apply to the company is of little or no interest to me. I simply offer a counterpoint view to those on here who would seek to slate the company either through disgruntlement, outdated experience or just general "snobbery" and over-expectation. You're all grown ups (well, most of you), if you want a job that fits the criteria offered by the company then apply. Go to the interview and ask questions. If you don't like the answers you get then walk away. It's very very simple.

I'm not a company spokesman by the way, I'm just some bloke with an opinion.

PS. I was the wrong side of a bottle of wine when I wrote my response to Ben178v. That said, it still reads like it was written by an FO with a few thousand hours sulking that he gets jumped in the queue to command by a newcomer turboprop commander. I find the whole TP/Jet experience/hours argument to be a hilarious and baseless HR construct. (And before you ask, I haven't been a victim of it). As I said, Hours Maketh Not The Man. Who is probably the better pilot - the 4000hr BA 747 FO who logs 24 hours per trip and lands once a month, the 3000hr 737 FO who logs 5 hours per trip and lands 5 times a week?

Anyway, I can't see what the issue is with a FlyBe/Eastern LHS joining Jet2 on £75k + £9k pa as a commander and being bonded for three years? "Whatever conditions are offered"? What more do you want?

AYTCH
14th Jul 2013, 10:57
Great ..... a considered and well written response by StopStart..... I haven't applied and was merely meandering around the various threads but am pleased to see an honest reply for once.

I agree with what you said.....main summation being that nowhere is perfect and if Jet2 works for you then get in there quick before the seats are filled. Folks.....apply.....talk to them....if the answers don't do it for you....walk away. what have you got to lose?

8eyes
14th Jul 2013, 13:09
So, can anyone help me out by answering this question (again).

Do Jet2 still use Compass Testing as part of their recruitment process for DECs?

As someone who has no knowledge of Compass Testing and has no understanding of its relevance, but someone who can fly a B737 - and has been doing for quite a few years.

Any information, much appreciated.

Pin Head
14th Jul 2013, 15:48
Any bond for NG type rated people?

StopStart
14th Jul 2013, 16:21
I have been led to believe that COMPASS testing won't be used for experienced applicants.

I am pretty sure rated applicants aren't bonded. The bonds supposedly cover TR & Line training costs.

8eyes
14th Jul 2013, 18:08
STOPSTART

Thank you for that information. Appreciate it. Better apply to Jet 2 then.

Too Few Stripes
14th Jul 2013, 18:09
Agree with most of what stopstart says with the exception of dual basing. I am dual based and have yet to meet anyone who likes it! I understand under Easa FTL there can be no dual basing though, maybe the one positive from the otherwise ridiculous proposed new FTLs.

Swept
14th Jul 2013, 18:28
Stop Start

Not succinct but very much to the point and wise words for all the 'ranters' out there. Well said!

DADDY-OH!
16th Jul 2013, 17:24
Good post, Stop Start.

DADDY-OH!
16th Jul 2013, 18:35
News just in......

.... On the B757 Fleet ALONE, the latest requirement is at least 6 Direct Entry Captains & 29 First Officers in addition to the Pilot Apprentices being upgraded & several Summer only contract crews being offered permanent positions.

Bases are MAN, LBA & NCL. Contracts are 100% PERMANENT.
Capts basic salary is £77,288/year.

Other contracts for permanent-part time rostering are on offer.

FDP is £2.10/hr & Sector Pay is:
Captain.
£16.80 < 1000 nm
£21.60 - 1000 - 1300 nm
£24.00 > 1300 nm

Additional Sector Pay is:

3 or 4 sectors £4.80 per additional sector

5 or 6 sectors £9.60 per additional sector

Pension - Co. provide 8% of salary

Lord Spandex Masher
16th Jul 2013, 18:37
Sector pay went up 5% this year so you can add that to Dad's figures.

DADDY-OH!
16th Jul 2013, 18:41
Forgot about that, Spanny. Thank you very much!

Flying Wild
16th Jul 2013, 19:49
Anyone know the numbers required on the 737?

WX Man
16th Jul 2013, 21:57
How many already-rated 757 guys do you think that might appeal to?

2 Whites 2 Reds
16th Jul 2013, 22:15
Me for a start! And I'm sure there'll be plenty more. :E

Pin Head
16th Jul 2013, 22:46
Also interested to know the 737 CP numbers.

Secondly where are they going to get the skippers from? Apart from Dhl can't think of too many other places?

DADDY-OH!
16th Jul 2013, 23:03
WX MAN

It MAY appeal to:

Experienced B757/767 Capts & FO's who are flying permanent nights, and possibly based in Central Europe, away from their families.

Experienced B757/767 Capts. who fancy taking any offers of early retirement or redundancy from their current employers whilst not having to do a new type rating.

Experienced B757/767 Capts & FO's who have had enough of the Gulf, Central Asia or China.

Experienced B757/767 FO's who fancy taking a chance for better Command progression than their current employers.

Experienced B757/767 Capts & FO's who fancy taking advantage of the flexible working patterns that Jet2.com offer as they have 'outside' interests & sources of income so they desire a less hectic lifestyle.

And if I can think of anything else, I'll post it.

horsebox
17th Jul 2013, 09:38
There aren't many 75 rated people hanging about with nothing to do, its become a bit of a niche rating. Think it will appeal to a fair few DHL people, either those stuck in Leipzig or those stuck in EMA with there only chance of progression to take a Leipzig command.

B737900er
17th Jul 2013, 10:18
I know of 757 FO but zero hours on type and won't get touched.

He wasn't pay to fly, he got type rated then the famous AEU went bankrupt.

Go or Stay
17th Jul 2013, 16:12
Plenty of experienced turboprop pilots applying from Flybe, both seats, who will accept a bond and the chance to join a profitable company for a northern base.

Shockwave83
17th Jul 2013, 16:33
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Whilst I realise the job advert states 'permanent' I was under the impression that Jet2's policy in the past was to hire on a 7 month contract initially via agency with a view to perm. Is this correct?

I'm reluctant to apply if this is the case as I'm currently working abroad on the 737 in a secure position and a 'view to perm' is a hell of a leap of faith for me to make in my position in the current worldwide job market.

Flying Wild
17th Jul 2013, 17:40
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Whilst I realise the job advert states 'permanent' I was under the impression that Jet2's policy in the past was to hire on a 7 month contract initially via agency with a view to perm. Is this correct?

I'm reluctant to apply if this is the case as I'm currently working abroad on the 737 in a secure position and a 'view to perm' is a hell of a leap of faith for me to make in my position in the current worldwide job market.

There are a certain number of people who will have to be taken on to a summer only contract. Others will be taken on 70% for the first year, some perhaps 100%. It's all a bit of a mix really. No telling until they make you an offer.

DADDY-OH!
18th Jul 2013, 08:03
I think the B757 vacancies are permanent.

Lord Spandex Masher
18th Jul 2013, 08:10
There are a certain number of people who will have to be taken on to a summer only contract. Others will be taken on 70% for the first year, some perhaps 100%. It's all a bit of a mix really. No telling until they make you an offer.

You sure about that FW. Last year they were offering 100% only but with 70% available on request.

Not the same same this time round?

mini-jumbo
18th Jul 2013, 12:19
I believe that the vast majority of those recruited on 70% "Summer Contracts" have now been offered permanent positions in line with the companies plans for expansion.

Whether that means this year will all be 100% is yet to be seen. Base wise, the rumors are that ALC will be getting another aircraft (or 2) and ACE will also be getting one, so I wouldn't be surprised if the company was keen to offer these as bases (ALC wasn't that popular a base this year).

EMA should be seeing more aircraft next summer, although the internal transfer list is still quite long, with it being the most southern UK base.

Flying Wild
18th Jul 2013, 16:50
You sure about that FW. Last year they were offering 100% only but with 70% available on request.

Not the same same this time round?

I personally know of 5 Captains and 5 First Officers who are on 70%, albeit permanent contracts this summer. They certainly didn't request to be on 70%! I'm lead to believe they will be made up to 100% come the end of the summer or for next year.

Chesty Morgan
18th Jul 2013, 21:26
When I interviewed for non TR DEC last year it was for full time only but they said you could have a summer contract if you wanted one. All of my intake was full time.

From what I've heard this year it'll be the same i.e. the choice is yours, effectively.

Nightstop
19th Jul 2013, 10:42
Base wise, the rumors are that ALC will be getting another aircraft (or 2) and ACE will also be getting one, so I wouldn't be surprised if the company was keen to offer these as bases (ALC wasn't that popular a base this year).

Which type do you think ALC base will have next year?

8eyes
19th Jul 2013, 11:44
I applied via the website about a week ago. I have heard nothing , not even an acknowledgement. I am 737 type-rated and uk based.
It took me about 15 or so attempts to get through to the relevant part of the website. It kept telling me that the 'service selected not available' or similar. It sure was hard work getting through and registering my details on this site. Is this normal?

justasmallfire
19th Jul 2013, 14:56
It took me 3 attempts to register all info they wanted,I found their save as draft function not to work for me,in the end did all info/attachments in one sitting.Got emails confirming straight away after that.

mini-jumbo
19th Jul 2013, 17:54
Nightstop - The -300 is the most likely for ALC

8eyes - Would suggest dropping them an email or calling them to make sure they received your application. Might also be good to pass on to them the fact that the website isn't working properly.

jordi324
20th Jul 2013, 06:43
Hello everyone!!!

I WOULD LOVE TO GET A JOB WITH JET2.COM. However, my JAA ratings (IR/ME) are not valid. Although, the license is valid and I can renew it anytime. The only reason I didn't so was the money. At present I am flying with an ICAO license in Asia. I have more than 1000 hours total time and experience in both turboprop and jet.

Do you guys think is it a big problem to be hired after this inconvenient?

Will appreciate a lot your feedback. Thanks a lot!

Good luck to all of YOU! :)

Artic Monkey
20th Jul 2013, 08:11
jordi

With about 2,000 applicants with current ratings and with far more hours I would say you don't stand a chance, but then that's only my opinion. All you can do is apply and see what happens.

Artie Fufkin
20th Jul 2013, 09:42
I believe some 757 guys were called for interview today, guess the 737 interviews will be over the next few weeks.Our 757s are like George, the Blue Peter tortoise (a rather elderly creature who hibernates during the winter). Indeed, you are more likely to see a pig flying than a Jet2 757 during November to March!

If the figures are anything like those that Daddy-Oh has posted, I daresay recruitment has started early on that fleet due to the limited number of available training sectors during the winter?

manflex69
28th Jul 2013, 04:08
Hmmm....will see the next prog

Antonio Montana
1st Aug 2013, 07:52
Anybody had a interview or phone call yet?

trigger21
1st Aug 2013, 12:17
Just out of interest, for a new joiner non type rated FO with 5000-6000hrs including wide body, how long would it be for command?

DADDY-OH!
1st Aug 2013, 12:30
Trigger it would depend on which fleet you went on & your abilities. Jet2 is a Meritocracy not a Seniority based Democracy.

Narrow Runway
1st Aug 2013, 15:05
No interview yet, but my application has gone from "application received" to "under review".

I have no idea if that is a good sign, or an ominous one.

Obviously, I hope it is a good development.

Wodka
1st Aug 2013, 16:40
What category are you in NR?

Trossie
1st Aug 2013, 17:30
Jet2 is a Meritocracy not a Seniority based Democracy.

'Seniority' has nothing at all to do with democracy, but is actually a 'tyranny of the seniors'.

Well done to Jet2 if they don't use that antiquated system but use meritocracy instead! Trigger, it looks as if your experience would count, unlike in a 'seniority based' tyranny where it wouldn't count a jot and you would be as relevant to the organisation as the cadet straight out of flying school!

(Apologies for butting in on this thread, but this is one of my favourite 'hobby horses'!!)

Antonio Montana
1st Aug 2013, 17:43
I hope that's good news.
I still am on application received.... I too hope this is good.

Flying Wild
1st Aug 2013, 20:06
Just out of interest, for a new joiner non type rated FO with 5000-6000hrs including wide body, how long would it be for command?

You'd need at least two sim checks with command potential indicated before you'd be able to go for command assessment. So at least 6 months.

MrHorgy
1st Aug 2013, 21:21
I don't think the two sim check thing is a condition now, although you need 6 months in company post Final line Check before you can apply so you'll have two sims under your belt anyway.

Trigger - I have the criteria in front of me.. They are:

3000 factorised hours
Unfrozen ATPL
6 months/first OPC post FLC
A minimum of 6 months and 300 FLT hours with the company post FLC on type

It's a great company to work for, i'm thoroughly happy to have made the move! Big expansion for the next few years so your likely to get the base you want within a year or so. Rumours are most of the expansion is happening at EMA and GLA for next year. Also, 757 going to ACE for this winter (12 DE Commands and 24 DE FO on 75 fleet) and ALC staying open for winter too.

Pin Head
2nd Aug 2013, 05:45
Nice. But will they really get the numbers for the LHS. Truthfully RHS positions are a lot easier to fill. I guess there comes a cut off point regarding experience v required need.

Thanks

1013 with altsel
5th Aug 2013, 10:21
My application is still " received "

Non type rated FO 4000hours +

Anyone else "received " or "under review" ?

Good luck

4redsyourdead
5th Aug 2013, 10:34
Type rated F/O mines is still under review for the last three weeks...

Fingers crossed :)

8eyes
5th Aug 2013, 14:10
Mine has just changed from 'received' to 'under review'.

See what happens next ...

drag king
5th Aug 2013, 14:38
Pending Assessments

You have completed all assessments that are required at this time! Thank you.

That's what mine says, just checked. Anybody else?

Good luck

drag king
5th Aug 2013, 18:32
FO, NTR, no jet-time...probably just going (gone) into the "non-urgent PFO" pile!

trigger21
5th Aug 2013, 19:39
Thanks for all the info MrHorgy! Great post...
I heard that jet2 is a good company to work for. Any idea what a direct entry FO would take home each month incl flight pay and what a DEC would take?
I know these have been posted before but just curious if there have been any changes..also are most contracts full time now or still part time? :ok:

Lord Spandex Masher
5th Aug 2013, 20:27
DEC take home is somewhere between 4.5 and 5.abitk/m. Depends on which base and what time of the year. Add 5% to that as of next April.

Both contracts on offer this time around.

Pin Head
5th Aug 2013, 21:15
Dear Lord

Are they strict on at least 6mths in company before a shot at LHS?

Or do they need experienced guys? 10k TT 6k b756, b738.

Lord Spandex Masher
5th Aug 2013, 21:20
PH,

Apply for DEC if you have command time, if you go in RHS it is as Mr Horgy posted a page back.

slav4o1
5th Aug 2013, 22:31
Mine is still "Application Received". NTR , 700h jet.. We should hopefully hear this week as its the end of the 4 weeks processing period... Fingers crossed, good luck to all

sky&ocean
7th Aug 2013, 17:29
could they even consider someone with a totally different profile such as :
DHC6 Captain with 4500 hours total, 1500 PIC almost all of it on the DHC6 - the 300 hrs or so of flight training ??

Very curious to hear how such a pilot is "regarded" by the Airlines ??

Thks

8eyes
7th Aug 2013, 21:07
I was in your situation once and everybody said the same thing to me: 'You really need to get some jet time'. It really annoyed/frustrated me at the time, but they were right.

If you want their advice (and mine), take a jet job in the RHS and have a bit of fun and then look for a LHS job/upgrade. That's exactly what I did and it was the best thing I ever did in my flying career.

A lot of people have tripped themselves up trying to take a short cut by going from LHS in a turboprop directly into the LHS of a jet. The vast majority of airlines of a reasonable repute will insist on jet hours before any move into the LHS.

Approach someone like Jet2 and say that you are more than happy to go back into the RHS and then after you have gained some jet experience, you would like to further your career and hope to be considered for a command. Most companies will react positively to that kind of approach. There will always be movement of crews in a company like Jet2 and therefore promotion prospects should be quite good.

I would suggest that they would be a good company to approach.

Good luck to you.

saladdodger
9th Aug 2013, 16:52
4 weeks on has anyone heard anything from Jet2 yet? My application is still showing as received. Are those with a status change to application under review all DEC or are there any NON TR FO's out there with applications under review?

Cloud Bunny
14th Aug 2013, 09:13
Hi Guys

Just a quick question regarding the flight pay for Skippers. I've had a sneak look on PPJN and it mentions a figure based on a nautical mile distance. How exactly does it work? Do you get an hourly rate or does it vary with nm from base?
If someone could furnish me with what a skipper adds to their pay packet each month through flight pay I would be most appreciative. :ok:

Thanks!

horsebox
14th Aug 2013, 10:04
I would try and be patient.

They have big expansion plans requiring 100+ pilots and have probably interviewed less than a dozen so far. They were still advertising in flight this week so are still keen to get more applicants in the system.

Compass tests for experienced people have been dropped and they seem to have a much more professional approach to the whole exercise than previous campaigns a few years ago when it became a free for all.

Planefan2981
14th Aug 2013, 10:09
Mine is also "Application Received" however the job status date has changed to 8th Aug which makes me think they had a look at my application the other day.

I am quite surprised to see that they are still advertising for positions. I though Jet2 would have been over-thrown by applications?

horsebox
14th Aug 2013, 10:40
The initial sweep seems to have been for people who have a 75 rating, or people with relevant experience who can start quickly ie not in a job or redundancy pending, or people who live very close to an existing base. If you tick all or some of these boxes phone calls and interviews seem to be taking place.

Antonio Montana
14th Aug 2013, 11:11
Still Application received.
I live close to two bases, good hours on 73's Classics and NG and can start immediately.
Maybe I am doing something wrong?

horsebox
14th Aug 2013, 11:52
Can only offer observations from my assesment day... knows someone at jet2 might also help.

Tiempoby
14th Aug 2013, 13:58
I am in a similar boat as you guys. Type rated, living just down the road and been applying for years. Never heard anything in spite of chatting with the recruitment team. The application is nothing too in depth so I will assume for now that I haven't been ignored on account of my awful personality. Yet all this time I hear they are crying out for quality folks? Yet it seems good candidates (on paper at least) don't even get a look in. Do they not want people who have a genuine desire to work there for a long period of time and settle in?

nowt as queer as folk.

Boeing Europe
14th Aug 2013, 14:32
@horsebox and duir , have you guys already been interviewed for this round?? Applying for 2 years 1k plus on type heard nothing hr dont respond to my e mails anymore

Trossie
14th Aug 2013, 16:25
still n'owt - to coin a great Yorkshire phrase

FlyerGuy, maybe you should get your 'Yorkshire-ese' right if you are going to post here: it's "nowt" (what's the reason for having an apostrophe in t'middle of it?).

And wouldn't you think that there's a very strong chance that someone in a recruiting team (in any airline) is scanning the postings on PPRuNe as part of a filter for their recruiting? it'll be the last time I waste my time on this carrier Might not have been the best of comments!!

saladdodger
14th Aug 2013, 20:10
Have any non TR FO's had a call yet or is it just 757 rated and DEC that have heard so far?

Iver
16th Aug 2013, 03:12
This is great news if they are hiring.

Two questions for those in the know:

1. What percentage of newhires are former BMI Baby? Ryanair?

2. Are 737 pilots dual-rated on both the 300 and the 800 or are they flown as separate fleets?

Cheers

Johnny F@rt Pants
16th Aug 2013, 09:03
1. What percentage of newhires are former BMI Baby? Ryanair? - BMI Baby, very few if any, there are none left. Ryanair, seemingly quite a few. In terms of %'s, I would imagine as many as possible as they are already type rated.

2. Are 737 pilots dual-rated on both the 300 and the 800 or are they flown as separate fleets? - Dual rated, eventually.

UkJetflyer
19th Aug 2013, 09:08
Anyone just had or about to have an assessment day?!If so and you care to share please PM me.
Thanks

Planefan2981
19th Aug 2013, 12:08
So people are now beginning to hear from Jet2 about an interview? Has anyone heard from Jet2 saying they haven't been successful yet?

Wodka
20th Aug 2013, 11:02
Have any NTR people had a telephone interview yet?

Aeroshizzle
20th Aug 2013, 14:35
Just got the rejection email an hour ago, sucks

1200 TT 950Jet Non type rated

lame

stacee jaxx
20th Aug 2013, 15:11
FlyerGuy

never heard nothing back

With English like that, I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything!:=

It's all in the detail.

Shockwave83
20th Aug 2013, 17:29
Hi Guys,

Like Boeing Europe I've also been fortunate enough to be invited to interview with Jet2 (in excess of 1000hrs on 737) and would also be interested if anyone has any experience regarding the assessment and also the type of contract, time to command, etc.

Yorkshire_Pudding
20th Aug 2013, 22:09
I know of people on B737 summer only contracts this year who have been invited back next year on a 70% permanent contract from April.

So there is already good news for some.

shaftsburn
21st Aug 2013, 05:15
There are also 737 guys on agency contracts this year, who have been invited back to 100% jet2 employment starting April.

EMB-145LR
21st Aug 2013, 14:27
Any non-type rated guys been called yet? I've been updating my application every couple of weeks, but my app status still reads 'Application Received'. I've got a very solid amount of jet experience, just not 737 or 757 rated, so I was hoping I might have a shot.

jordi324
22nd Aug 2013, 05:00
Hi folks!

I applied as a non type rated 737 F/O and the job status date has changed within few days twice. First it was 16th Aug and now 21 of Aug. What does that mean exactly? Are they looking at it and not being happy or something else..

Thanks for your feedback! Good luck to ALL of you.

Narrow Runway
22nd Aug 2013, 12:06
Mine is still under review.

First got that status at end of July and the under review status was updated as such on 13th August.

I am at least grateful that it hasn't been instantaneous rejection!!

saladdodger
22nd Aug 2013, 13:08
Anymore telephone interviews this week? My application is still showing as "received" non TR FO.

Antonio Montana
22nd Aug 2013, 13:40
Still application received, lots and lots of experience on the NG and Classic.
I wonder if I am over qualified?

Planefan2981
25th Aug 2013, 07:49
Has anyone had a PFO letter yet regarding Non TR first officer?

jarvis123
25th Aug 2013, 08:28
Yes, my mate has.

blackburnlass
25th Aug 2013, 17:06
Has anyone done the pre-interview verbal and numerical stuff yet ? If so how much weight does it carry .

CharlieRomeo
25th Aug 2013, 20:28
Out of curiosity guys.....for those of you who have had the call so far;

When jet2 called, did it appear with a number or did it appear as "blocked"?

Reason I ask is because in discussion with a colleague today, we both had calls from a "blocked" number both within a couple of hours on same day during the week there and we were both unable to take the calls due to flying at the time and phones off but came up with a txt saying missed number from "blocked" when switched phones on after shut down- we have both applied. So I thought I'd dig a little deeper and ask the Q.

Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe it's just another automated pr**k asking if we have still to reclaim PPI hence posting here.

Thanks for any details

hobnobanyone
26th Aug 2013, 09:10
Sorry to rehash an old question but have any non T/R FOs heard anything yet? My application still says received, but nothing else at all!

BALLSOUT
26th Aug 2013, 09:18
Sorry to rehash an old question but have any non T/R FOs heard anything yet? My application still says received, but nothing else at all!
I know of a few at various stages, interview sim etc.
C R, I don't think they block the number when they ring.

cgwhitemonk11
26th Aug 2013, 10:38
Just to clarify for those asking above, was 'Application Recieved', then 'Unsuccessful' last week and PFO later that day. Same for my mate, both NTR with 1000 and 2000 TT respectively, turbo-prop guys.

At least they responded which was good, expect most positions will go to guys with time on type which makes perfect sense.

Mac72
26th Aug 2013, 15:05
Pfo for me last Thursday, 1700tt ntr

Pin Head
26th Aug 2013, 16:37
How did they contact you? Email or via the online application?

Planefan2981
28th Aug 2013, 11:49
Found out that my application was unsuccessful today via our online log-in accounts. NTR 250 hours :{

saladdodger
30th Aug 2013, 10:19
Any non type rated FO's had a call or assessment day yet?

Planefan2981
31st Aug 2013, 08:30
Any non-type rated FOs with few total hours (200-400) been called for assessment?

vrb03kt
31st Aug 2013, 11:00
The DE FO application required a minimum of 500 hours...

fly616
4th Sep 2013, 11:23
Hi,
Can anyone give me some information about the interview assessment day?
Types of questions, formal/friendly chat, pilots/hr etc.
Thank you.

Business Class
5th Sep 2013, 18:08
pilotdreamer2, fly616

have you been invited for selection? what is your experience?

Wodka
6th Sep 2013, 08:11
My theory is that they are not going to send PFO's until they have offered places which have been accepted so they have some reserves to call on, hence why we haven't heard much.

Antonio Montana
6th Sep 2013, 08:37
Still application received:confused:. 737 rated, lots of experience on both NG and classic and live in the north.
At least I am not the only one

Planefan2981
8th Sep 2013, 08:24
My application never changed from Application Received...and I got a PFO 2 weeks ago :\

gatbusdriver
8th Sep 2013, 09:07
Anyone have a heads up on the group exercise and interview?

Is it like the BA process? A group task with too much information and too little time with no right answer?

Is the interview example based, technical or both?

olaola
9th Sep 2013, 13:43
Planefun, what kind of experience do you have? NTR or rated?

OhNoCB
9th Sep 2013, 23:01
I still have an open 'application recieved'. <1000tt, multi crew but no jet. Doesn't look hopeful!

overclock25
10th Sep 2013, 08:19
Also my application is stuck with the "application received"...1500tt Type Rated....

thebeast
10th Sep 2013, 09:12
Does anyone know roughly how much the take home sector pay is for a 737Capatain in Summer and winter?

roughly ......

Penworth
10th Sep 2013, 09:54
£500 and £100 respectively.....roughly ;)

Planefan2981
11th Sep 2013, 11:22
NTR, was a gamble anyway

JetsetRon
12th Sep 2013, 07:50
I'm also wondering if anyone who has information on the current assessment or has attended would be willing to share?

I have an assessment coming up. 3000 hrs non Boeing TR Jet FO.

Many thanks.

veeOne99
18th Sep 2013, 09:21
Anyone else had a sim assessment and waiting on news? Sim start of September and not heard a peep

G-IZMO
18th Sep 2013, 11:12
Vee, are you rated?

SCINHead
18th Sep 2013, 11:23
Same.

Glad it's not just me. Good Luck.

A340rider
18th Sep 2013, 13:25
Maybe when this position is fill peoples application changes from "under review"

Recruiter (Leeds)-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/2467.html)

olaola
18th Sep 2013, 16:15
Veeone/scinhead,

Have you already had the phone assessment?

When? If yes, could you report your experience?

B737900er
24th Sep 2013, 16:07
Ive just been told by a friend that the guys who have applied for the Second officer position will get PFO letters in the next day or so.

The 5 positions have been fulfilled already. OAA graduates by any chance?

WX Man
25th Sep 2013, 09:16
Anything? Anyone?

This thread has gone very quiet, considering there was a selection day in Glasgow on Monday and one in Leeds soon.

jimmyjetplane
25th Sep 2013, 11:43
Wx man....

Where do you get your info' from please?Has 2nd Officer recruitment started and how are they contacting people?What sort of experience do they have?

WX Man
25th Sep 2013, 15:39
Actually this is for the DEC and experienced F/O recruitment. My info is direct from the friends who have been invited to selection, meanwhile I'm thinking "uh?!"... I haven't even had a phone call yet!

It seems to be that what's needed to get onto a selection day here is a good application, backed up by a hell of a lot of good luck.

jimmyjetplane
25th Sep 2013, 19:08
WXman...

That's what I thought and that's how things are misreported....

My view is they probably havn't even gotten around two the Second Officer position applications yet, as I know for a fact that they were only still looking at direct entry pilots and conducting interviews last week.

Squealing Pig
26th Sep 2013, 11:07
Anyone know how anyone failing the interview is informed letter or email or not even contacted?

sdryh
27th Sep 2013, 20:16
I have had an email asking me to call them for a chat about the position available. Is this a telephone interview? Anybody else had any experience of this?

Fingers crossed. :)

LVL_CHG
28th Sep 2013, 10:24
Has anyone recently completed the numerical reasoning online test sent from recruitment via email? Wowza! I'm no maths genius but neither am I completely incompetent but Jesus that was hard! :bored:

G-IZMO
28th Sep 2013, 17:44
Are those who've been contacted after applying in for DEC or FO roles?

The English Passenger
28th Sep 2013, 19:23
Contacted on Friday. Telephone interview on Monday. DEC. Ex mil.

G-IZMO
28th Sep 2013, 22:18
Thanks. Just it's all very, very quiet for some experienced NTR FOs since the initial application.

Turkish777
29th Sep 2013, 10:19
Quiet for B737 Type rated FO's as well my friend... ex AEU, 500+ hours on type, current, British born, bred and based, two recommendations from SFO's at Jet2 to HR, plus an email from a very senior guy on the recruitment team to HR and not a sausage....:ugh:

taxi_driver
29th Sep 2013, 13:10
Quiet for everybody if you ask around, including both TR and Non TR folks who have been through interview and sim assessments and then heard nothing for 6 weeks +

Either they are overwhelmed with applicants or the company requirements keep changing.

The English Passenger
29th Sep 2013, 14:56
Taxi driver. I suspect you are over analysing the situation. Like any company that has got lots more applicants than positions they are taking their time to be thorough and ensure that they select the best people for their company. That process takes some time if you have lots of applicants and wish the process to be fair and transparent. Patience is required, all will become clear in the end. Bear in mind I applied in week 1 and got the same emails as everyone else promising contact in 3 weeks, and the first contact I had was on Friday. I am not concerned, just willing to let them run the process as they see fit, as after all, they are the employer and I am only a prospective employee. 😃

Lord Spandex Masher
29th Sep 2013, 15:03
Just to add that it's not quiet for everyone.

Nearly Man
29th Sep 2013, 17:43
Wonder how many of the 'successful' candidates have some sort of in?
It's a crying shame that there's so many candidates on the market keen for such a tatty deal?
Still, Jet2 is a good stepping stone onto better things. Good luck guys

Narrow Runway
29th Sep 2013, 19:20
Why is it a "tatty deal"?

I think that being a 100% captain in a base like, say NCL, would be a good lifestyle.

Am I missing something?

silverknapper
29th Sep 2013, 19:38
What on earth are you talking about. Looks decent to me. And far far better than easy jets offer.

The English Passenger
29th Sep 2013, 19:45
Nearly man, with an attitude like that it is no surprise they are taking their time reviewing the candidates carefully.... Hopefully in order to weed out the selfish and the greedy in favour if those prepared to work hard for a decent salary who are prepared to contribute the the success of a stable profit making company, not just be in it for their own benefit.

True colours? Your attitude looks pretty poor to me.

Money is not everything in life and £80K per year to live near home and be home almost every night strikes me as a great work/life balance.... But what would I know I have only spent 25 years in the military deploying to lovely places like Iraq and Afghanistan for long periods away from my family.:rolleyes:

jpboy
29th Sep 2013, 21:06
Nearly Man=Master Baiter....

Gents,

Don't take the bait. ;)

The English Passenger
29th Sep 2013, 21:17
Thanks jpboy.... Well put. Must remember not to read or post after a good Bottle of Rioja!:cool:

Nearly Man
30th Sep 2013, 19:52
Rioja and a load of crack I think. You need to lay off one or both or you'll give yourself a heart attack.
Firstly, what's you being in Iraq and Afghanistan got to do with cadet pilots at Jet2? I don't care if you got sent to the moon. Secondly, what's you leaving your family behind got to do with Jet2 cadet schemes?

I worked for Jet2 and liked my time there but I and others still there don't think the second officer scheme is a great deal for young pilots. It's a good airline to go onto better things unless you like living up north or being local to Leeds Bradford International?

If you disagree with giving a fair and decent start to cadet pilots then that's another matter?

The English Passenger
30th Sep 2013, 20:15
What an aggressive little nearly man you are. No time for manners, no sense and no more of my time wasted on you.....

jpboy
30th Sep 2013, 20:35
Nearly Man or Master Baiter if you prefer....

Go fish ;)

Back on thread;

HR working their nuts off sorting through applications with a fair few selection days held and more planned. Hang in their people and good luck.

sdryh
1st Oct 2013, 11:18
I agree, back to the thread.

Anybody been to the selection day yet? Is it the normal type of day, aptitude test, maths test, group exercises, followed by an interview?

Planefan2981
1st Oct 2013, 14:32
Jimmy have you been called for assessment?

jimmyjetplane
1st Oct 2013, 15:45
Planefan....

No but I live in hope .....

Sunsetsoon
3rd Oct 2013, 14:03
A friend of mine who is 737 rated has just been offered an interview with Jet2. He said it's next week, but in Alicante. Didn't know that Jet2 had a spanish base. Haven't seen them advertising this anywhere.

A340rider
3rd Oct 2013, 21:40
They've had Alicante quite a while now...They've got rid of the Handley Page Dart Heralds aswell..:}

Narrow Runway
4th Oct 2013, 07:45
OK guys, at the risk of being accused of taking Crack, or drinking Rioja:

I've got an assessment day shortly for a DEC role.

Does anyone have any idea of interview style? I'm not worried about trying to find out the questions, more simply is it a "chat" or an evidence based interview?

Good luck to all.

South Prince
4th Oct 2013, 11:56
Hi, applied 3 months ago DEC 737 no type but status still "application received".

jimmyjetplane
4th Oct 2013, 12:09
South Prince

Are you direct entry Captain or direct entry cadet?

If cadet, then I am sure they have not been able to deal with those applcations yet.My friend had a sim check only this Tuesday gone and that was for the first Officer NTR position.He is a Captain with another company.Rated on different Jet Aircraft.

They have a lot of people to look at.I think we may all hear in time.Patience is a virtue.Difficult as that is to learn....

South Prince
4th Oct 2013, 12:46
@jimmy

Direct Entry Captain

Planefan2981
4th Oct 2013, 17:39
DUIR

How do you know about this? Why would Jet2 let them get as far as Sim or even job offer before making them re-complete these tests. It seems crazyyyyy

transitionlevel
5th Oct 2013, 15:21
I applied mid July and am still showing as application received with an late updated date of mid September. Has anyone else who applied round that date heard anything?

Capt_Sensible
5th Oct 2013, 18:51
Same here, applied in July and it still shows application received updated mid September!!!

LVL_CHG
5th Oct 2013, 19:56
Any jet2 crew or recent interviewees willing to shed some light on interview, any information via PM would be much appreciated!

Go or Stay
7th Oct 2013, 09:37
Any one with any interview format? Have assessment day for DEC soon.
Current UK captain NR.
Good luck everyone

WX Man
7th Oct 2013, 15:59
From the horse's mouth:

They still have a lot of applications to sift through (over 3000).

I got the impression that:

A) they haven't finished doing telephone interviews
B) more people will be called for selection (not sure if that's experience/non TR, ex mil, inexperienced etc)
C) having experience on a type over 10 tonnes will count in your favour.

I know for certain that *most* people at recent selection days have had experience on stuff over around 7 tonnes.

horsebox
11th Oct 2013, 15:01
Asking around there have been a few 737 jobs offered but 75 people and majority of others for 73 still waiting to hear as far as I can gather.

Interviews and assessments ongoing. No news would appear to be good news, though with shortage of TR 75 people on the market I thought J2 might be keener to secure people rather than let the process drift along.

BALLSOUT
11th Oct 2013, 15:13
I know of someone called with a job offer soon after the sim. I don't want to worry folk but maybe no news is bad news.

StopStart
11th Oct 2013, 16:09
Yup, and some folk waited for over a month to hear that they were being offered a post. So maybe no news is good news...

There have been over 4000 applications for about 100 jobs. That's a lot of applications to sift and these things take time. Yes everyone wants an immediate answer but the company are ensuring that everyone that applied is getting a fair shot at it and, more importantly, the company is getting the people they want.

blackburnlass
11th Oct 2013, 17:47
Some people have been waiting over 6 weeks to hear now. No news is definitely good news and that comes directly from the horses mouth. The standard has obviously been very high and unsuccessful applicants are finding out very quickly..ie day after interview/sim..ect.

Jet 2 only want the best ! Good luck to you all , keep that faith and positivity going !

:ok:

Flying Wild
11th Oct 2013, 20:21
A recent update stated that around 25% of the required pilots have been recruited, with sim checks well underway to find the rest.

Basejump
18th Oct 2013, 09:37
Hi Guys I've been given an offer by Jet2 to come and join them after being successful in their recruitment process. I'm a 737 Rated FO.

Just before I make my final decision, I'm not a UK national so getting home will be a little more restrictive. I just want anyone here to share their views on what they know about the company and what it's like to work for.

If you need any
Info on the selection process, just ask!

Many thanks guys.

Planefan2981
18th Oct 2013, 10:20
Congratulations mate! :D

I have worked for Jet2 in ground operations since April and can say I have enjoyed every minute of it!

My fellow peers and managers are very understanding and will try to accomodate your requests if they see your a motivated and passionate individual working towards the companies success. I am waiting to hear if I have got one of the Second officer positions and am really excited at the prospect of working for the company in the flight deck!

clunk1001
18th Oct 2013, 10:27
'peers' not 'piers' Planefan.

Aviation shares many Maritime terms, but that's not one of them. :)

Planefan2981
18th Oct 2013, 10:31
Thanks, thats mobile predictive text for you!

Boeing Europe
18th Oct 2013, 15:09
What is the offered start date? I have a sim coming up

Flying Wild
18th Oct 2013, 17:07
Busy summers, quieter winters. Only once worked anywhere near maximum hours per month this summer. Plenty of standbys on a roster. Not so helpful if you live away from home. You get three RDOs per month, plus leave (which is capped in summer period to 7 days). You can roster protect a couple of duties per month too.

Rostering is random roster, with 5-6 days in a row quite often. Tactical use of leave days and RDO can give a semblance of lifestyle. Pilot management is fairly good. If you fly the company way, adhere to SOPs and stability criteria, you won't have any problems.

Are you contracting via Zenon or permanent contract?

jimmyjetplane
18th Oct 2013, 18:33
Flyingwild.....

Hi there,

Could you possibly confirm if you know if the assessments for crew are ongoing? Lots of conflict of information on this site (as usual).

Thanks.

Lord Spandex Masher
18th Oct 2013, 18:42
Jimmy, yes they are.

To clarify on FWs post it's 7 days leave in the peak period of summer. I managed to use half my leave in the summer period this year and last.

Flying Wild
18th Oct 2013, 19:07
To clarify on FWs post it's 7 days leave in the peak period of summer. I managed to use half my leave in the summer period this year and last.

to further clarify, this can be increased by the company. This year we were able to request 9 days in the peak period. The minimum is 7.

Also forgot to mention that whilst Balpa is recognised by the company, it is fought at every turn, in a relationship which isn't very harmonious!

Planefan2981
19th Oct 2013, 06:18
Jimmy,

Have you thought about joining Jet2 on the ground and networking within the company? This I feel would be a great start and put you in an excellent position?

someday somehow
19th Oct 2013, 12:05
Does anyone have any recent feedback for the sim profile on the 737-300 for rated applicants? Thanks in advance.

jimmyjetplane
19th Oct 2013, 18:14
Hi Planefan.....

Of course I want to be a Pilot, but yes I would do that if there was a chance in the future to become Flight Crew with Jet 2.

I really think they are a great company and it would suit me to be there until retirement. I am local to North West bases so another massive plus!

Are there any openings of this kind can you tell me? Feel free to PM me if you have the time. I appreciate your advice.

Denham
19th Oct 2013, 18:34
How long to command now with Jet2, as a new joiner..?

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th Oct 2013, 19:04
Time to command is dependent on you mostly.

You will need a minimum of 3000 hours factorised and usually a couple of sims post joining if you have the hours. You'll need to demonstrate the required standards of course, and keep your nose clean too. There is no seniority, all done on ability.

Hope that helps.

Planefan2981
20th Oct 2013, 02:16
Also,

I have heard that Jet2 wait for you to apply for command once you have the experience rather than offer it to you?

BALLSOUT
21st Oct 2013, 08:40
BJ. You must be nuts! You have been lucky enough to get a job offer, and now you openly post all about the process on here.
If I were you I would be worried in case the company see this post, work out who you are and change their minds.

B737900er
21st Oct 2013, 14:14
Hey,

Is anybody else having trouble with the online Verbal and Numerical reasoning tests?

Seems impossible to finish and have a good pass rate.

Any tips?

BALLSOUT
21st Oct 2013, 15:03
BJ I see your post has gone. Wise move!

Ivan aromer
21st Oct 2013, 21:34
Time to command is dependent on you mostly.

You will need a minimum of 3000 hours factorised and usually a couple of sims post joining if you have the hours. You'll need to demonstrate the required standards of course, and keep your nose clean too. There is no seniority, all done on ability.

Hope that helps.

All done on ability eh? Who was it who said "all my friends are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Bealzebub
21st Oct 2013, 22:05
There is no seniority, all done on ability. In airlines with seniority it is also all done on ability. Those with that ability know where they are in the queue to be considered.

BALLSOUT
22nd Oct 2013, 09:26
No J L T I'm not after a job with them, just trying to prevent him or her from potentially loosing theirs.

PIOSEE
23rd Oct 2013, 01:17
Hi guys,

I'm from Dublin (Ireland) and I've been offered a job with Jet2.com based in Scotland and I'm currently based in STN with FR. I'm hugely attracted to the T&C's that Jet2 have to offer and I see it as a fantastic opportunity. None the less, I know the roster in Jet2 isn't as commuter friendly as FR and I know you can't have it every way too! I just would like to know is it possible to get home a few times a month working with Jet2? If so, how can this be achieved?

Your personal experience would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance. :-)

DADDY-OH!
23rd Oct 2013, 07:37
Hi Piosee
It's certainly commutable from MAN as we have an FO who commutes from DUB & a Capt. that commutes from ORK.

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Oct 2013, 08:20
how can this be achieved?

Organisation.

Rosters are published well in advance to enable you to book flights at reasonable rates. Judicious use of 3 request days off per month will also help. And once you're "in" you just need to request a BFS base, Jet 2 have always been good at getting people to their preferred base reasonably quickly. Assuming you'd prefer BFS to Scotland of course.

PIOSEE
23rd Oct 2013, 10:38
Hi Thanks,

Q: When the roster is published and you book flights, do they change it around a bit? Leaving you short on the money you spent getting home. Now I'll see if I can get MAN as they're not putting me on the 737-3, they said I'll only be on the 737-8. How true that will be I don't know.

I'll be based in GLA. So fingers crossed I can commute from there. But over all I believe it's a good move. I've been told I'll only do 400hrs a year there? Is that true?

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Oct 2013, 12:26
do they change it around a bit? - yes, but not your days off unless you agree to sell a day off back. You can also protect some of your roster preventing earlies changing to lates or vice versa. So if you're last day is an early, and you book a flight back late that afternoon you won't suddenly get changed to an afternoon duty and lose out.

they said I'll only be on the 737-8. How true that will be I don't know - suppose it depends what your contract states. GLA almost entirely (if not completely but not 100% certain) an 800 base. MAN is a mix of both 737 variants, therefore if you get MAN the likelihood will be that you will eventually fly both.

I've been told I'll only do 400hrs a year there? Is that true? - not sure on the number of hours flown at GLA, it's busy in the summer and quiet in the winter. I'd approximate 4-600/year, with some peak summer months pushing the limits, and in the winter only flying once or twice a month.

DADDY-OH!
23rd Oct 2013, 14:56
MAN is to be a B757 & B738 base with 1 or 2 B733's for development of some new short routes.

Wodka
23rd Oct 2013, 18:50
Does anyone on the inside know if they have now selected all the NTR FO's?

I have pretty much given up hope of a call so some closure would be nice now :ugh:

Yorkshire_Pudding
24th Oct 2013, 07:23
Hi Piosee. Commuting is certainly possible, but you will find it hard going in the peak summer months (probably as you do now with FR).

A very typical summer roster pattern is 5/6 on, 2 off. If you finish on a late, the following day is a rest day plus 2 off which would be useful to you. You occasionally get single days off rostered. At MAN/LBA both fleets cover airport standby duties (6-7 hours, 3-6 per month), with some starting at 0500z. Typically your first day back will be one of these or, early AGP/PMI/ALC, so for the majority of the time you will have to commute to base on the eve of your 2nd day off. You will sometimes only get one whole day at home as a commuter.

As already stated, you can request a block of 3 RDOs per month, which are generally always approved. Roster disruption is minimal/nil when compared to previous operators. You probably won't commute home on all your days off so when "stuck" at base you can always make yourself available to work, which will pay for your commuting for the month.

Once through the first summer, you could opt for 80% and stay at home for 5 months over winter on paid leave. Most find a side project which more than makes up any lost net earnings (in your case saving money through no commute/local digs). Another consideration is your pay will be in GBP not euro.

PIOSEE
24th Oct 2013, 10:55
Guys thanks a million for the heads up! I hear Jet2 is a nice place to work. Yorkshire just to clarify, if I go 80% I'm sure it'll be 20% UNpaid? But I think over the winter be it in FR or Jet2 you're faced with a lot of stbys. At least in Jet2 you're paid for it. I still think I'm making the right move! :-)

go around flaps15
24th Oct 2013, 11:29
You are definitely making the right move.

Scott_T
29th Oct 2013, 08:17
Still no interview for me...? Current and hours on the 737 :ugh:

Artie Fufkin
29th Oct 2013, 13:54
Where did you get those hours?

I have heard from a number of sources that this year's recruitment team have taken an extremely dim view of applicants from pay-to-fly schemes. Any hint of it has seen the CV binned.

Type rating with no flight time applicants being treated similar. Allegedly.

heliusac
29th Oct 2013, 14:01
Where did you get those hours?

I have heard from a number of sources that this year's recruitment team have taken an extremely dim view of applicants from pay-to-fly schemes. Any hint of it has seen the CV binned.

Type rating with no flight time applicants being treated similar. Allegedly.

That doesn't make any sense as there are loads of type rated Ryanair guys that have been assessed/recruited and they are all pay-to-fly aren't they?

Cont
29th Oct 2013, 14:03
My status has been under review for a while, any idea how long they take to look at them?

Currently flying the 737.

Artie Fufkin
29th Oct 2013, 14:44
That doesn't make any sense as there are loads of type rated Ryanair guys that have been assessed/recruited and they are all pay-to-fly aren't they?

Pay for line training, Eaglejet, Lionair etc. it could be hokum, it's just what I have heard.

Scott_T
29th Oct 2013, 18:35
Astraeus I got my type and hours not a P2F guy.

B737900er
30th Oct 2013, 16:58
Seeing as pilots have no say in the CV filtering process, i doubt that is true.

2 LOW
30th Oct 2013, 22:05
Does anyone have any accurate intel on how many of the jobs have been dealt out? Have the interviews and sims ceased yet?

Cheers