PDA

View Full Version : What happened here then

rmac
6th Jul 2013, 11:26
Wouldn't dare ask my fellow light airframe drivers what happened here..perhaps you pro's have a view...just interested in whether its basically for the same reason that one of us might bounce a lighty ....;)

A380 Touch and Go (Aborted Landing) Manchester Airport July 11th 2012 - YouTube

B-U-S-S
6th Jul 2013, 11:35
No bounce there, just flared to much, floated and most likely ran out of touchdown zone. Safe and wish decision.

DaveReidUK
6th Jul 2013, 12:25
Looks like he had committed to the go-around (hit TOGA) before the wheels then settled on the runway while the engines were spooling up.

So more of a "go-and-touch" than a "touch-and-go". :O

BBK
6th Jul 2013, 13:07
BUSS

I agree. Looks like it was a good call. Sounds blustery so maybe he ballooned. Looks possible.

rmac
6th Jul 2013, 22:03
Without doubt a good call to GA, but I am still confused by wheels appearing to touch, followed by control input leading to nose down tendency, followed by GA with resultant wheel touch, look like a standard puddle jumper bad landing but with a big AC

sharksandwich
7th Jul 2013, 07:25
Is it usual to retract wheels on TOGA? (Please excuse crass ignorance).

Gulf Julliet Papa
7th Jul 2013, 09:13
Yes, but only once you have a positive rate of climb. Otherwise the part where the gear touched the ground there would of been far more spectacular.

Boeing say in a 737 that we loose 35ft in a go around, this includes the decision making. Therefore if you need to go around in late stages (under 35ft) you are likely to bounce