PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Go Around EGKK

R2112
6th Jul 2013, 10:49
Just being nosey really, spotted a Mon I think A321 at about 12:10 local last week Thursday 23rd looked like it was executing a Go Around from the 26 approach, anyone know what that was about? Only interested as I happened to be driving into Crawley at the time and noticed it.

ImageGear
6th Jul 2013, 11:08
Nothing serious, probably late landing clearance, aircraft still on the runway, can happen several times a day, especially during busy periods.

DaveReidUK
6th Jul 2013, 11:28
can happen several times a day, especially during busy periods

About 1 in every 300 approaches as Gatwick ends in a go-around, about 1 in 500 at Heathrow.

racedo
6th Jul 2013, 11:31
Saw it happening a few times recently and friend on a Monarch flight at Gatwick recently was initially concerned. Pilot came on and said there was a VS flight which was slightly slow in getting into position and they would go around, people looking out of the window saw the Virgin jet halfway down the runway as they were turning.
He said Pilot idicated not a frequent occurence but it happens occasionally.

Hotel Tango
6th Jul 2013, 12:03
Saw half a dozen of them in 3 days at Palma the other week. At peak landing periods with an assortment of aircraft types ranging from slow singles to large airliners it doesn't always go quite according to plan and GAs will happen.

Talkdownman
6th Jul 2013, 16:34
If there aren't any go-arounds the controllers aren't working hard enough.

TurboTomato
8th Jul 2013, 16:17
I can hear the GAs on 26L if I have my office window open and they happen fairly regularly - as has been mentioned at EGKK it's probably more likely than not that the runway has not been cleared by a previous landing or departing aircraft than anything. I took a drive down to the end of 08R approach on Friday and was impressed by just how close they manage to get them during busy periods - a departing Air China A330 was only just rotating as an incoming TUI 757 was about to cross Lowfield Heath Road.

ericlday
8th Jul 2013, 18:13
They even have go-arounds at TFS. Nothing to get excited about.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Jul 2013, 18:18
TT The Air China would have been a long way down the runway as it rotated so no big deal there, just good Air Control.

sprite1
8th Jul 2013, 18:57
Did anyone see a Ryanair do a go-around on Saturday, July 6th? Around 3pm? In Gatwick.

It looked like a hard landing. Just caught a glimpse of the plume of rubber as we came around onto 'J'.

After landing, the tower controller rightly told him about his 170 selected to 4 on both approaches instead of the requested 160. Have to say, the pilots answer was a load of bs.

TurboTomato
9th Jul 2013, 08:52
TT The Air China would have been a long way down the runway as it rotated so no big deal there, just good Air Control.

Yeah I realise it was par for the course, still impressive nonetheless.